Nobody waves anymore.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I got my JT last spring. The dealership basically used a 6' pole to hand me the keys and said they hoped I enjoyed my new vehicle. I didn't understand the jeep wave until I found this forum.

So how many other new jeep owners don't know what they don't know?
Yep they usually don't tell you. my dad had to tell me like 5 days after I got mine and made me feel like an asshole. lol
Sponsored

Stupidjerkface

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Production Manager @ Seadek marine products
I get a wave maybe 70% of the time. Mostly from soccer moms around here haha.

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
The vast majority wave in my area of SE PA and South Jersey, that said sometimes I’m not paying attention either, lots of keeps out there.

rh22

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Renegade, 2018 Cherokee
Get a lot of wavers....was surprised when I first got the Jeep. I do notice that it is more common on weekends than during work commutes and more common outside of the city in the more remote burbs.

Rebel.Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKRU
Everyone in Denver has a jeep and waving at soccer moms gets old. If I see a cool jeep that I like, I'll acknowledge, but everyone else seems like a chore. In general, if you have a sweet build, Jeep, Toyota, LR, whatever, I'll give the ol' wave as recognition for the work put it.

Sponsored

Jeep Buck

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Outdoor Writer/Editor
I'm in the Adirondacks in upstate NY. Just got a Gladiator after a (tough) year off from being a Jeep owner (16 years in an Unlimited). The first thing I noticed was some folks waving at me again. My experience has always been that more dudes than gals wave.

HectoRome

First Name
Hecto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S | 2007 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Occupation
Engineer
I came over from the Tacoma World, had nothing but Toyotas my entire life (I'm 50 years old) and was bit shocked (to be honest with everyone) about the Jeep wave. Had the Gladiator since May of 2020 now and it took me a few months to get in the habit of returning waves to other Jeep family. I'm up here in Portland and yep there are quite a bit a douchebags as well. It's about 50 / 50 is someone will wave but I did notice if it is another Gladiator they typically wave as long as hey notice me . . .

Mattileous

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Quality Engineer
I'm a non-waver. Don't mean to be a dbag but I ride bikes, I drive a miata, and now a jeep on top of those. I'm just tired of waving all the time when I'm out.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Just got a Gladiator after a (tough) year off from being a Jeep owner (16 years in an Unlimited).
I thought the Unlimited came out in 2007?

Sponsored

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
Is it because "gladiator" or is it not a thing anymore?
I've waved at a ton of people and they just /ignore.
Even the lifted guys.
What gives?
The previously more "bare bones" Wrangler models/brand has become more accessible with the introduction of new "luxury" features in the past 15 years. If that all of the newcomers to our "brand" help keep the brand alive and supported by Jeep - I'm all for it.
I still get better than 75% back when I wave (Massachusetts). I've also had many Jeep or Gladiator related conversations with people I never would have met otherwise in gas stations or parking lots that usually fall into three groups:
1] Fellow Gladiator owners admiring each others vehicles
2] Current or previous Jeep Wrangler owners intrigued by the "concept" of the Gladiator and wanting to check one out up close.
3] General curiosity.
Never been approached by someone who owns another brand of "truck".

karlamilan

First Name
Karla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2021 80th Anniversary Edition
i switched from the wrangler to gladiator last month and now i get beeps instead of waves. sometimes it will scare the crap out of me as i drive into work late - but it’s hilarious every time! you guys like to install some special loud horns! keep it coming - this is my favorite car ever owned hands down.
Is it because "gladiator" or is it not a thing anymore?
I've waved at a ton of people and they just /ignore.
Even the lifted guys.
What gives?

Capt.Grumps1075

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Towboat Captain
Could be your area too. Most wave here where I'm from. But then I'm from a smaller town in Texas and there are actually a lot of Gladiators running around. But I figure those who don't wave are just being asses and think everyone is below them. Or just didn't see me wave. I don't take it personally it's just the world we live in. :jk:✌

GobiGlad386

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland North Edition; 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T 6spd 100th Anniversary
Occupation
Appraiser
Most in my area wave (Central FL) except for the mall-crawl, buy it cause it looks cool crowd. I just came back from a trip to the FL Keys towing a boat and NO-ONE waves down there. I presume its because every third vehicle is a jeep of some kind, no kidding. There is only one road, US-1 and I imagine perpetual waving gets old quick. Also I think a good portion down there are rentals from Miami. I felt so weird waving at people and never got one back, I gave up about half way through the trip😢. As a side, we counted 234 Jeeps total, 100 mi. each way which equates to 1.17 Jeeps/mi!

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
I get a fair amount of waves in San Diego when driving around.

But that all seems to end when you are on the trails and encounter a group of guys in Jeeps that are well built. I was in the local mountains doing some easy trails and passed a group of guys out for a good day of 4 wheelin and they seemed to look at me like "look at this guy in his pretty new Gladiator"
They were just insanely jealous at how awesome your JT looked.
Sponsored