Threads
Reaction score
Website
theroadchoseme.com
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler Rubicon, JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Overlander
Bumping this thread. I was told today after ordering the JK Mopar steelies, they dont fit the Gladiator brakes. Stuck with the spare tire steelies unfortunately.
Did you ever try the JK Mopar Steelies to confirm if they fit the Gladiator brakes or not?

I have a set on my JK, and I'm tempted to ask the local dealer if they will let me see if my spare fits on the Gladiator in their lot....

Thanks,
-Dan
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
Did you ever try the JK Mopar Steelies to confirm if they fit the Gladiator brakes or not?

I have a set on my JK, and I'm tempted to ask the local dealer if they will let me see if my spare fits on the Gladiator in their lot....

Thanks,
-Dan
Hi Dan! Great to see you over here! I'm guessing you might be contemplating a Gladiator for your next big adventure? ;) Can't wait to see what's next for you!

For those of you who don't know who Dan is, do a little searching. A Jeeping legend is in your midst right here! Pay close attention and soak in everything he tells you. I don't think there is anyone with as much or as varied experience as he has.

Carry on!

Dan Grec

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theroadchoseme.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Overlander
Hi Dan! Great to see you over here! I'm guessing you might be contemplating a Gladiator for your next big adventure? ;) Can't wait to see what's next for you!
Haha, I was thinking I should register with an alias! ;)
Nothing is confirmed, and Covid is making international plans difficult right now.
I'm just doing a ton of research while there's many feet of snow on the ground and I'm daydreaming.

-Dan

21RG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
4Wheeling
I went with factory steel spare wheels all around. I am a fan of them. The tires are 35". I have more plans for the JT, just getting started, but it will more of an overland vs rock crawler. I am a minimalist and prefer to have a more "stockish" vehicle than a overly modified vehicle. This is from experience and travels. I have a heavily modified 06 LJ Rubicon and a 91 Landcruiser with portal axles. Constantly wrenching on modified vehicles and always chasing the perfect set up.

IMG_6853.jpg

IMG_6868.jpg

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer

Sponsored

21RG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
4Wheeling

4 of them @ $415.00 from the dealership, but that is right after I bought the JT so they may taken care of me. I went with dealership as they are typically better quality than aftermarket. Aftermarket have massive weld seams and I have seen some that were warped out of the box. Plus, the paint is better from dealership than aftermarket rust-bombs.

The issue you may run into will the be lug nuts. Do you use the chrome lug nuts off the alum wheels or try and find another set. I haven't found a solid black lug nut that I like. Again, aftermarket does not seem as quality as the dealership. I may end up getting my own material and making my own version.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know if center caps will fit on these OE steelies? and backspacing?

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I went with factory steel spare wheels all around.
Jeep Gladiator OEM Gladiator Steel Wheels 9B88F4D7-6A21-454E-B337-C547968E02CA
This looks sick! And as already mentioned, there are benefits to using steel wheels off-road. More pics please!

Sponsored

Dan Grec

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theroadchoseme.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Overlander
Not exactly the same wheel, but I like these on Jeeps. They are the steel wheel from the jeep commander.
Jeep Gladiator OEM Gladiator Steel Wheels IMG_3076.JPG
I

That is my Jeep :)

I'm asking if anyone has ever tried these wheels on a Gladiator?
There is a post at the bottom of last page that says they were told the breaks will not clear, but I can not find a 100% confirmation from someone that really honestly tried to bolt them up.

Any help appreciated.

-Dan

IslandFalconer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer

There is a post at the bottom of last page that says they were told the breaks will not clear, but I can not find a 100% confirmation from someone that really honestly tried to bolt them up.

Any help appreciated.

-Dan
I havenā€™t tried them yet, but the offset looks correct for the wheel. Iā€™m pretty sure they would fit. But Iā€™m trying to find a cheap used one to try it

IslandFalconer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer

Any help appreciated.

-Dan
Also JK alloy wheels do fit, so.......

Dan Grec

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theroadchoseme.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Overlander
Also JK alloy wheels do fit, so.......
I think the bigger problem is clearing the calipers.

The rotor on the front of my JK is 302mm, and on the rear of the Gladiator they're 350mm.
So even if the calipers are identical (no saying they are), then I would need around 48mm of clearance from my JK caliper to the wheel (that's 1.89inches)

It's hard for me to measure and get my hands in there right now, but I think there is about half of that clearance from my JK caliper to the wheel....

So right now I'm thinking they won't go over the rear caliper on the Gladiator, unless the caliper is significantly thinner than the JK front ones. (which is certainly possible)

EDIT: I see you're in Canada... based on your name I'm assuming the island.
I'm in Nelson, BC.
If you ever come out this way we could try my spare on your Gladiator (it's the Mopar Winter Wheel with 285/70R17 Yokohamas)

-Dan

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I think the bigger problem is clearing the calipers.

The rotor on the front of my JK is 302mm, and on the rear of the Gladiator they're 350mm.
So even if the calipers are identical (no saying they are), then I would need around 48mm of clearance from my JK caliper to the wheel (that's 1.89inches)

It's hard for me to measure and get my hands in there right now, but I think there is about half of that clearance from my JK caliper to the wheel....

So right now I'm thinking they won't go over the rear caliper on the Gladiator, unless the caliper is significantly thinner than the JK front ones. (which is certainly possible)

EDIT: I see you're in Canada... based on your name I'm assuming the island.
I'm in Nelson, BC.
If you ever come out this way we could try my spare on your Gladiator (it's the Mopar Winter Wheel with 285/70R17 Yokohamas)

-Dan
Dang Dan, I didnā€™t know you were in Nelson! Or Canada, for that matter... šŸ™ƒ

Beautiful town; my brother almost moved there...I wish he had so Iā€™d have an excuse to visit (and a place to stay!)
Sponsored