Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
That’s the thing though I wasn’t just thought I would as part of routine maintenance should’ve just had rotation done and not let them balance they caused a problem when they shouldn’t have because of their negligence
Sponsored

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I guess since i have solid wheels and cant see any balancing weights, their aesthetics never bothered me much. Or i never really cared.

my "wheel" guy high speed balances when he rotates tires. Its a high end shop catering mostly to 6 figure cars. Not sure if its necessary or overkill but, its part of his process.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
This is going to a long thread of people laughing and making fun at your expense. There are no OEM wheel weights. The weights used on Jeep wheels installed at the factory are the same as those available to any tire store in the country. If Jeep is not mounting and balancing tires inside the factory, then it is being done by someone else. As always, parts and labor supplied by the lowest bidder(s).
5 pages on this already?? It's like junk food, I know I shouldn't eat it, but can't stay away
82 pages on wheel weights. I thought it would be killed by now.
You guys bitchin’ at 83 posts of inane comments ain’t seen nothing.
25+ pages about not liking his new Jeep was epic.

Kevin
Because they took off the inner weights too, and didn’t put them back on, and now my wheels are unbalanced because of their negligence those should never be touched
Funny how the "discount tire is trash" thread got axed, but this one on the same issue still survives.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Funny how the "discount tire is trash" thread got axed, but this one on the same issue still survives.
Not the first time it has happened, won't be the last. The "Owner(s)" of all these sites thrive off the sponsorship money.

BTW, DT didn't deserve the trashing it got in that other thread.
Idiots being idiots get what they deserve.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Not the first time it has happened, won't be the last. The "Owner(s)" of all these sites thrive off the sponsorship money.

I've used DT, and while in California, American Tire for 20 years. They have always gone out of their way to make things right, including now giving me a deal getting rid of the Kanati Trail Hogs (won't balance) to Goodyear Ultraterrain 35s (E series). The latter is a different story I'll run in a week or so.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, same basic topic, same shop is negligent, just a different title to the thread.

150% agree. Even if that location had messed up (they did not in this case) all it takes is going back and talking to someone nicely, saying "I think there's a problem" and explain it.
Sometimes there's a bad cook in the kitchen, sometimes there's a mistake - let that location's management take care of things.
If the employee has messed up, the boss wants to know. (A good boss would want to know)
If a mistake was made, give them a chance to correct it.

BTW - CA says wheel weights cause cancer........ maybe he can sue.............

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Well........good old Jet_83 got his second "banned" over the DT threads.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well........good old Jet_83 got his second "banned" over the DT threads.
I don't think it was resolution that was being sought.

I think I should contact one of the MOPAR ports sellers and get some OEM weights, though, just in case I find any weights without the MOPAR Pentastar logo on my wheels.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Don't forget to contact Stellantis and have them send you genuine Mopar air for your tires. I also only use Mopar gas in my trucks. Nothing but what they put in at the factory.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Don't forget to contact Stellantis and have them send you genuine Mopar air for your tires. I also only use Mopar gas in my trucks. Nothing but what they put in at the factory.
Interesting- when I talked to the dealer about the misfire mine had shortly after I picked it up, he asked if I had put gas in it yet............ I was about to. He said maybe the gas in it was causing problems.
I had to laugh in a way - it would have had to be some really crappy gas.......... but then, after I filled it up with local gas, the issue has gone away.

I do always air the tires up on the same day at the same time. Don't want different air in each tire. Might through them out of balance if one tire has morning air and the other evening air from IL or MO.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Interesting- when I talked to the dealer about the misfire mine had shortly after I picked it up, he asked if I had put gas in it yet............ I was about to. He said maybe the gas in it was causing problems.
I had to laugh in a way - it would have had to be some really crappy gas.......... but then, after I filled it up with local gas, the issue has gone away.

I do always air the tires up on the same day at the same time. Don't want different air in each tire. Might through them out of balance if one tire has morning air and the other evening air from IL or MO.
If you need MO air, it’s best to go to MO to get it!

4-Play

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
I don’t worry about such little things like tire pressure or wheel balance anymore. However, my Mopar metric crescent wrench and left handed screwdrivers are still on back order.
Jeep Gladiator OEM wheel balancing weights 93C0CEBE-6763-4F9D-A4C3-CB31D53C76AD

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
One of the first things I did was remove the OEM wheel weights and put on the adjustable ones. I was surprised that the passenger side was left hand threaded, but that does make sense. Just a heads-up get the graphite ones instead of the silicone, they hold a balance better. You will thank me later.

Last edited:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
It can't be that easy