First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Australian campers aren't that bad of a deal now if you consider what you get. When you see the price you need to make note if it is in AUS dollar or US dollar. Right now the exchange rate is very favorable for US buyers on Australian made goods. Black Series is a camper that I am very seriously considering. They keep their costs down by shipping the components from AUS and assembling them here in the US. By doing this you can package each unit in a much smaller space and you're not paying for shipping air from AUS to US. As an example you can buy a camper that costs $50k in AUS for about $34k.

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 10.01.14 AM.png
Sponsored

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Well, I bought my last trailer over a decade ago. It was one of the new ultralite with alot of bells and whistles. Got a hell of a deal on it brand new at 20k for a 30 footer. Sold it a few years later.

When we stopped by the rv lot these were the first thing we saw. As I walked in the first one the price was written in paint marker on the side window. The inside was super nice. It was small for 2 kids and dogs, but I thought it was a good deal. Figured it was end of season and they had it priced at 15,999. Didn't know about the suspension etc so didn't think twice. Then my wife pointed out it was 51,999... I grabbed my chest with instant pains.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
One thing that I have noticed when buying an RV, or even an automobile for that matter, is the salesman will focus on what payment you can afford. You should always focus on the overall cost of the rig and then let the payment, if needed, fall where it may. By "payment shopping" you could really screw yourself.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I am actually planning to go see a Black Series Camper this Saturday . I hop that they will be receptive to letting me hook up and pull it around for a few miles. This camper weighs 5500 dry so loaded up it will be right at the maximum that a Gladiator wants. It is actually rated at 10k GVWR so it is capable of exceeding what Gladiator can do by a large margin. My angle on this is telling my wife that she cannot bring any of her stuff and hoping that after a few trips she’ll concede that the Gladiator is a novelty meant to decorate the garage and for work and camping we need an F250 with a Godzilla 7.3.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Idk, maybe I am not seeing what you guys are seeing... I just find that the black series campers are visually hideous and looks like a food truck.... Nothing really exciting...

For 2 ppl camping, I would prefer the Terra Drop Alpha from Oregon Trailr. https://www.oregontrailer.net/terradrop-alpha.html

I think designs matter and it needs to be visually appealing a bit for me, besides being functional of course...

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
To each his own I rather like the aesthetic of Black Series. Plus I’m not two people camping I am 4, 5 or sometimes 6. My kids and wife all really like the look too. Good thing we’re not related, you’d be way outnumbered in my family. I saw in your profile that you own a Mini Cooper so we obviously have a very wide gap in what each of us finds pleasing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
I like the tear drops, but many of them are not tall enough to stand up in. I think you know why thats important.

Mowat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I am actually planning to go see a Black Series Camper this Saturday . I hop that they will be receptive to letting me hook up and pull it around for a few miles. This camper weighs 5500 dry so loaded up it will be right at the maximum that a Gladiator wants. It is actually rated at 10k GVWR so it is capable of exceeding what Gladiator can do by a large margin. My angle on this is telling my wife that she cannot bring any of her stuff and hoping that after a few trips she’ll concede that the Gladiator is a novelty meant to decorate the garage and for work and camping we need an F250 with a Godzilla 7.3.
Hehe I will cross my fingers for you on the upgrade. I love the idea of the off grid/off trail/off campsite camping but I can't avoid the wife and 2 kids and 2 dogs like you said. But I got the JT for commuting and stuff. For the family I have a camper the wife will go in. And I can almost put the gladiator in it.

IMG_4963.jpg

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Wow, that thing is massive. Do you live in it?

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
They are "cute," but where I reside and where I do not of my camping AC is an absolute must. We set our house AC system at 71 when we go to bed and I still don't need a real blanket. Last night it was still above 80 very humid and muggy degrees at midnight. For me, nothing sucks more than laying there in a pool of sweat praying to go to sleep because I have a busy day planned for tomorrow. If you live in an area where AC isn't required, or you're a tougher man than I am, they seem like a nice little trailer.

Last edited:

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
And I will add that if I want my 110% lady wife and daughter to accompany my son and me on a trip there had better be a place to take a seat to handle private business in private.

Tonopah01

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT auto; 2005 Wrangler TJ Unlimited
Occupation
retired
The Oregon Trailer does not provide any heat (propane heater) and that does not appear to be an option either. For me, that's a fail (and I live in AZ!). No AC does not bother me because I don't expect it in an off road trailer that is intended to be used without hookups. You could probably run air off a generator but would need at least 2000 watts and a big enough gas tank to run it all night (unless you had a hook up, of course).

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I am 100% fine with running one of those new quiet generators. As long as your generator has a fuel pump it can run a BERGS system for many days and nights.
https://ipiindustries.com
Sponsored