Sponsored

Off-road camper options for the Gladiator

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I am 100% fine with running one of those new quiet generators. As long as your generator has a fuel pump it can run a BERGS system for many days and nights.
https://ipiindustries.com
You mean cuz you an have a very large gravity feeding tank? Which "new quiet" generator do you mean? Quieter than Hondas already quiet ones?
Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
The Generac IQ Series advertises that they are 40% quieter than Honda. Yamaha has one that ranges from 52-60Db, that means it is no louder than the kids in the back seat.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
The Generac IQ Series advertises that they are 40% quieter than Honda. Yamaha has one that ranges from 52-60Db, that means it is no louder than the kids in the back seat.
Badass, I'll have to look them up. I thought Yamaha had a generator that would run on anything. Gas, diesel, propane, natural gas....... I'll have to look that up again.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow and they're affordable. Are the generac iq compatible with that BERGS thing you mentioned above?

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

40% quite than a Honda inverter would put it in the 30's

Call me skeptical

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Very disappointed in the Black Series I was today. I stuck my head in 4 different campers and every one of them had the laminate on some of the cabinetry peeling off. Not just a little but it has completely separated. Then 3 of the 4 had rusty screws holding it together. Looks like they use painted steel screws instead of stainless to secure the various trim pieces on the outside of every RV.

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Very disappointed in the Black Series I was today. I stuck my head in 4 different campers and every one of them had the laminate on some of the cabinetry peeling off. Not just a little but it has completely separated. Then 3 of the 4 had rusty screws holding it together. Looks like they use painted steel screws instead of stainless to secure the various trim pieces on the outside of every RV.
Wow that's good to know. You'd think they'd be well put together considering that price. I never expected that but im glad you found that out.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Given my disappointment in the quality, or lack thereof, with the Black Series I am leaning towards this now. <half the price and has a good reputation of holding together. The model is a Palomino 177ORVBH

BB28297C-065B-4A69-9D34-A7725BC3584D.png

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Given my disappointment in the quality, or lack thereof, with the Black Series I am leaning towards this now. <half the price and has a good reputation of holding together. The model is a Palomino 177ORVBH

BB28297C-065B-4A69-9D34-A7725BC3584D.png
If you were disappointed with a Black Series trailer, I am going to predict you will be very disappointed with a mass produced glue and staple trailer, particularly if you are going to subject it to any significant amount of off road use.

I'm not pimping the Black Series, but I have spent no small amount of time looking at and studying the construction of mass produced travel trailers, and have reached the conclusion that the overwhelming majority of them are manufactured like shit.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
If I’m going to get a TT manufactured like shit why not pay $17k in stead of $50k? The camper I saw today was falling apart and rusting.

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Actually since decibels are a logarithmic measurement that is incorrect.
So what are the two readings then?

The Honda 3000is that I have runs at wot @57db and 50db at no load, which is to say no louder than normal conversation in a quiet room.

By any measurement a 40% reduction on those readings is significant, and yes I'm skeptical.

So what is the model number of this generator that is 40% quieter?

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
If I’m going to get a TT manufactured like shit why not pay $17k in stead of $50k? The camper I saw today was falling apart and rusting.
I don't know for certain, neither do you. Maybe it will fall apart 3 times faster?

Were these brand new units you were looking at that had de-lamination and corrosion problems? What did the people who had them have to say about that?

A rusty fastener doesn't concern me too terribly, de-lamination would concern me though.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
So what are the two readings then?

The Honda 3000is that I have runs at wot @57db and 50db at no load, which is to say no louder than normal conversation in a quiet room.

By any measurement a 40% reduction on those readings is significant, and yes I'm skeptical.

So what is the model number of this generator that is 40% quieter?
Here is a much better explanation than I can give. And as stated above the unit us the IQ3500
https://www.noisehelp.com/decibel-scale.htmlhttp://www.generac.com/all-products/generators/portable-generators/iq-series/iq3500
Sponsored