Off-road travel trailer similar to Sonic X

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
I'm just glad the wife isn't in to the fireplace option. lol. I am learning that she is just a huge "what if" person. You would think I would have learned all that in the last 6 years of knowing each other lol. But that means she is trying to make sure that our kiddo is able to play in an trailer in the event of inclement weather and all that. Just means her and I are not on the same page on this decision.
I completely understand. I went from "let's just get a rooftop tent" to a totally enclosed 20ft camper. Sheesh. I can't believe that was the compromise.
Sponsored

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
I completely understand. I went from "let's just get a rooftop tent" to a totally enclosed 20ft camper. Sheesh. I can't believe that was the compromise.
Holy crap...are you living my life? lol

OP
OP

TinyTink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow
@TinyTink Congratulations on your new purchase! You are gonna love camping in that trailer with the kiddos, boyfriend and doggies. I live in Louisiana as well and cannot wait to adventure off in my JT. I live just south of Baton rouge and a little north of New Orleans. Maybe we will run into each other with our Gladiators on an adventure sometime? Be safe out there and enjoy your adventures to the fullest.
Hey Furrymurray! I know exactly where that is. I used to teach down at River Parish Community College in Sorrento, and I would trek back and forth to the Reserve Campus over in Laplace to teach night classes. I haven't taught there since last year, but I do like the area. We'll have to keep each other updated on camping spots in the area!

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
Hey Furrymurray! I know exactly where that is. I used to teach down at River Parish Community College in Sorrento, and I would trek back and forth to the Reserve Campus over in Laplace to teach night classes. I haven't taught there since last year, but I do like the area. We'll have to keep each other updated on camping spots in the area!
Yes we willhave to keep each other updated. My son attends RPCC and is in the p-tech program. I live in Saint Amant which is very close to Sorrento (small world).

Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I seriously don't understand why forest river has so many campers that are pretty much all exactly alike.
I thought the same thing. Every Forest River subsidiary has the same model with a different name. I guess they do it to support brand loyalty from their historical customers.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought the same thing. Every Forest River subsidiary has the same model with a different name. I guess they do it to support brand loyalty from their historical customers.
Is brand loyalty still a thing? I would imagine with how shopping is done now and the sheer number of options available, combined with the fact that many differently labeled products are coming out of the safe production place, that people don't have much brand loyalty. I know i don't. Although i never really did. Probably because my Dad is a hippie.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Is brand loyalty still a thing? I would imagine with how shopping is done now and the sheer number of options available, combined with the fact that many differently labeled products are coming out of the safe production place, that people don't have much brand loyalty. I know i don't. Although i never really did. Probably because my Dad is a hippie.
We all own Jeeps don't we? Other than taking the top and doors off there are trucks for less money than my LE that will do most things better than my Gladiator does. The only thing a Gladiator has to differentiate itself is the removable top and doors. It is most likely a better rock crawler than most of the competition but since at 50 years old I have never been rock crawling I do not find much value in that attribute. I just like Jeep and I always have. Our family got our first Jeep when my dad bought his 82 CJ then my brother got his 85 CJ. I have had a few stretches of time without owning a Jeep but I always wanted one when I didn't have one. I would call that brand loyalty.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We all own Jeeps don't we? Other than taking the top and doors off there are trucks for less money than my LE that will do most things better than my Gladiator does. The only thing a Gladiator has to differentiate itself is the removable top and doors. It is most likely a better rock crawler than most of the competition but since at 50 years old I have never been rock crawling I do not find much value in that attribute. I just like Jeep and I always have. Our family got our first Jeep when my dad bought his 82 CJ then my brother got his 85 CJ. I have had a few stretches of time without owning a Jeep but I always wanted one when I didn't have one. I would call that brand loyalty.
You make a good point and i can see that here alot with the forum; although in my case this is my first jeep. Mostly because of you all on the forum and the simple fact that i can't get any other vehicle that is a convertible, manual, mid size truck with offroad capabilities right off the line that also had 5% under invoice. There just wasn't any competition and even getting a stick shift is hard to do. It makes me wonder what things would be like for everyone on here if there were a multitude of options? Also, would any of you reading this be loyal to camper like the nobo if another manufacturer made a very similar one with a lower price? I also wonder about smaller ticket items like food and drinks and how this works when there are literally hundreds of choices for something like a butter or flour. I like to try new things and the other day i got flour made from crickets from the store and made muffins for my family and my wife's family. They said they were great and when i told them what i made it with they spit them out. I guess they're loyal to king arthur's flour or something?

Centexan

First Name
Coleburn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ram 2500
I seriously don't understand why forest river has so many campers that are pretty much all exactly alike.
It has to do with their dealer network. Rockwood and Flagstaff are "competing" brands. Dealers that carry Rockwood won't have Flagstaff. E-Pro and Geo Pro are the same, but a dealer likely won't have both.
Sponsored