• Total voters

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
For me, I walked into my local dealer stating I expected to get 5 - 7% below invoice price. Was told the only way to do that was custom.
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Picked from lot. Looked around for the trim/features I wanted. The only thing this one had that I could have done without was the Alpine audio system.

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Bought from the lot. They only had one that was optioned the way I want, but I bought it so...

OP
OP

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
59 have responded; 88% placed a custom order.

DTDHI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra, 2014 Toyota Prius, 1999 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 ZX14R
FCA unlike Ford or GM is actually pretty fast on building retail sold orders.

Those big Ford Transit vans have about a 8-9 month wait currently if you were to place an order for one.
Ford and GM also will typically wait until they grant you allocations to select those sold orders.

FCA lets you pretty much order anything whenever you want as far as there are no ordering restrictions on a specific option the customer is looking for.

Sponsored

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Off The lot purchase for me. Missing a couple of things, but everything I knew I wanted from factory.

Thes were my must haves that I got:
Rubicon
Manual
Front trail cam
Cloth seats. (going custom leather later)
Black hard top and fenders
LED light PKG
Heated seats

Things I didn't get but wanted:
Bed liner... Got bullet liner so actually happier
Aux light pods
Underwear storage/bed cargo rail
But All of these can be added later

This set up got me a Rubi on the lower end of the price.

Reactions: Tim

0phantom0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
nearly every dealer in stock has a bunch of useless options especially sirius. $295 for sirius? seriusly (no pun) i'd rather stream. They must be getting a rebate from sirius to option it. none have max tow and add $3-4k worth of the tech options (radio, safety, keyless, etc) but no max tow. Really, a sport should be max tow, hard top, auto, maybe S package, and thats it. You want bells and whistles get an overland, at least base towing for auto is 6000 vs 4500.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Sirius isn't a dealer option - Jeep has contracted with them. It's been on every Jeep we've bought over the years since Jeep started including satellite radios - you get a year free, or was that with my Chevy and Jeep was 6 months. Anyway, even GM has that free stuff for months and then you get hounded to renew.
MAYBE your dealer adds to that - but that bit is part of the new vehicle and not the dealer. It first showed up with the the first time we traded Grand Cherokees and it came with uconnect - which my son says is lame and about 2 decades behind in technology (he's a tech guy, a manager for Gannet, software development, web marketing and design, etc.)
My Silverado came with the Sirius competition (which was bought up or something a few years later)
The companies include satellite radio in the vehicles and they include xx months free and then you have the option to continue it. For us it's a joke as I can cram days worth of music on a stick and plug it into the vehicle and drive for hours and never get the same song twice. With satellite they do more like top 40 and after 4 or 5 hours you start hearing the same songs again. At least with her "country music" you do. They have limited libraries where we have stacks of disks from decades of collecting. We have the B sides LOL - they usually don't.

Our dealer did have vehicles with max tow but they didn't have the other stuff we wanted and in the end, some things we wanted we could not get on Sport.
It's the same everywhere, every brand - even CHEVY and FORD...............

Yeah, it is frustrating as I wanted a Sport S with max tow - but to get the other stuff I wasn't able to get a Sport - BUMMER. I have to pinch myself and remember - it was the same thing when I bought my Silverado in 2011.
In this case, it's NOT "a Jeep thing" even though to validate my own frustrations I do tend to blame "Jeep".

Reactions: Tim

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
nearly every dealer in stock has a bunch of useless options especially sirius. $295 for sirius? seriusly (no pun) i'd rather stream. They must be getting a rebate from sirius to option it. none have max tow and add $3-4k worth of the tech options (radio, safety, keyless, etc) but no max tow. Really, a sport should be max tow, hard top, auto, maybe S package, and thats it. You want bells and whistles get an overland, at least base towing for auto is 6000 vs 4500.
Pretty much this. I ended up paying invoice at a dealer because I didnt want to wait for an order with a Max Tow package and I didnt want to pay $50k for an Overland.

I did find the Alpine audio system surprisingly nice and am happy to have it. Out of the $46,000-ish MSRP, I could have done without $3k of stuff (convenience group, alpine audio, heated seats, remote start, cold weather group, Sirius radio).

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Off The lot purchase for me. Missing a couple of things, but everything I knew I wanted from factory.

Things I didn't get but wanted:

Underwear storage/bed cargo rail
So I'm not an off-road person (unless it's for fishing, etc. or driving through plowed corn fields) so I never knew that when doing legit off-road stuff you needed spare underwear............ really? Do Jeep people need spare underwear when hitting the trails and rocks? I guess it makes sense - some of the angles and things I've seen - I bet some folks do need to change.........

Sponsored

max toe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito, 1998 audi
can you post photos of the javelins? what motors you running in those?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
can you post photos of the javelins? what motors you running in those?
I sold my 70 Javelin last week to a fellow in Texas. It was time to move on to other projects, I have a car to finish parting out, another Eagle I have to decide - re-body it or part it (structural rust beyond hope) and shelves full of things to restore for others. So the 70 is no longer mine.
It was an unusually equipped 390 car, automatic, side pipes, landau vinyl top, stainless trim around the door glass (rare option and one year only), factory ram air, dealer-installed torque links, Donohue spoiler (car was built months before AMC released the Donohue edition so it had to be a dealer thing) Anyway, the 70 Javelin had a 390 bored .040 over, Comp cam, 1971 free-flow exhaust manifolds.

My 73 is a Pierre Cardin edition with the last of the NOS (new old stock) material to redo the seats. I bought some of the last fabric the guy had so I could restore the interior of the car.
It's a warmed over AMC 360 dyno'd at 377 hp. Comp cam, dual quad, two Edelbrock AVS2 carbs, headers, automatic, 3.15:1 limited slip differential, I put on the factory option Kelsey-Hayes disk brakes - a guy in Florida had a full new old stock setup - I gave my 10" front drums and spindles and all to a neighbor who builds street rods. The 73 is still rough and a work in progress.......

javelin-new-tires004.jpg

engine-front.jpg

pc-rear-seat_01.jpg

73-jav-wheels_3507.jpg

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Will be custom order for me unless for some miracle ,there is one ...the color I want.,,Punk'n...Rubi...with exact options I want and not one's I do not want is on a nearby lot and they are willing to do 4-6% under. That is A LOT of if's...and in my area I have yet to see any remotely close to what I want on any lot within 150miles. Not too mention....in my area it is pretty much MSRP+ for inventory.

That said, I did read a thread on these forums indicating that FCA is now forcing some options on Rubicon orders....options I do not want ..need or want to pay for.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Will be custom order for me unless for some miracle ,there is one ...the color I want.,,Punk'n...Rubi...with exact options I want and not one's I do not want is on a nearby lot and they are willing to do 4-6% under. That is A LOT of if's...and in my area I have yet to see any remotely close to what I want on any lot within 150miles. Not too mention....in my area it is pretty much MSRP+ for inventory.

That said, I did read a thread on these forums indicating that FCA is now forcing some options on Rubicon orders....options I do not want ..need or want to pay for.
Yup - sounds familiar.
I took my current truck, my Silverado, to a local Chevy dealer about an hour ago - they made me a great offer on my truck just to buy it outright as she sits (meaning needing tires). 2500 over what the other dealer wanted to give me in trade plus the other dealer is MSRP take it or leave it.
Accounting for the extra taxes I'll pay on the Gladiator because there won't be a trade-in, I'm still ahead by almost 1700! By selling it to a DEALER.

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm not an off-road person (unless it's for fishing, etc. or driving through plowed corn fields) so I never knew that when doing legit off-road stuff you needed spare underwear............ really? Do Jeep people need spare underwear when hitting the trails and rocks? I guess it makes sense - some of the angles and things I've seen - I bet some folks do need to change.........
You have enough pucker moments, yah...you;ll want a whole underseat storage case full of them. LOL
Sponsored