First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
Tell me this gets better..... I'm in the SF Bay Area (East Bay Hills) and it's mostly city traffic, a few miles on a freeway and up and down the hills to and from my house. The best I've seen is 15.1MPG with a 12 mile commute into the city.

I haven't had a chance to get out on a long drive yet to see how that goes.

IMG_20200921_152142.jpg
Sponsored

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
I'm having that challenge with the steel bumper as well. Can you provide some pictures of the spacers and bolt holes? Or, maybe even the phone number for the service department. I would genuinely appreciate it.

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
37s on a front Rock Krawler 2.5 inch coil, Ready Lift Front shock extensions, Ready Lift Longer rear sway bar end links, Ready lift 2 inch rear coil spring top mount spring spacers, and Rock Krawler adj front track bar.
Any thoughts on how additional lift affects the special Mojave Fox shocks?

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
i just added a Rubi steel bumper. I had it done at the dealership the technician added spacers to the 2 bolts closest to bumper. It looks factory and was able to use all bolt holes. Ive read previously that people couldnt match up the bolt holes with the Mojave skid plate. This guy got it to work perfectly

Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves IMG_20200921_152142

Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves IMG_20200921_152142

How did you get the steel bumper to fit with the special Mojave skid plate?

PabstBleuRibbon

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
any opinions on how adding front/rear steel bumpers might affect the ride height on a mojave? Or is that negligible?

Sponsored

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
any opinions on how adding front/rear steel bumpers might affect the ride height on a mojave? Or is that negligible?

Any steel bumpers will affect the ride height of any Jeep they are heavy!

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Any steel bumpers will affect the ride height of any Jeep they are heavy!

Curious: does anyone in here know the weight difference between stock Mojave front bumper.... and stock Rubicon front bumper?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Tell me this gets better..... I'm in the SF Bay Area (East Bay Hills) and it's mostly city traffic, a few miles on a freeway and up and down the hills to and from my house. The best I've seen is 15.1MPG with a 12 mile commute into the city.

IMG_20200921_152142.jpg
Note: My JT Rubicon came with 33" Falken Mud Terrain Tires. The tire size in the computer was set to 33.07 inches from the factory. This is not correct. The correct size from the manufacturer is 32.8 inches. This type of change will show better gas mileage on the computer. This tire size change is not available to the user. The dealer has to change it, or you need a Tazer. When you bring it in for service, you can ask them if your tire size is set correctly.
I also live in Hilly terrain. Once the motor is broken in better, and if your tire size is set correctly, you should be more in the 14/15 mph range.

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
Note: My JT Rubicon came with 33" Falken Mud Terrain Tires. The tire size in the computer was set to 33.07 inches from the factory. This is not correct. The correct size from the manufacturer is 32.8 inches. This type of change will show better gas mileage on the computer. This tire size change is not available to the user. The dealer has to change it, or you need a Tazer. When you bring it in for service, you can ask them if your tire size is set correctly.
I also live in Hilly terrain. Once the motor is broken in better, and if your tire size is set correctly, you should be more in the 14/15 mph range.
Thanks @hjdca I think...haha. At least I know I'm not alone. I figured the terrain had a lot to do with it but didn't consider the tires not being calibrated correctly. I do have a Tazer so I will give that a look. It's funny, I bought the Tazer for the front cam but there are so many extras I just love it! The turn signal activated back up cam is my favorite!

jserb04

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
37's will do a leveling kit in the near future just to get a little more wiggle room

In your opinion, will a leveling kit eliminate all, part, or none of the rub? What do you like and dont like about the 37's. CUZ THEY LOOK SWEET!

Sponsored

GreyGladiator

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC70; XC90; F150; HD Dyna Glide; 2021 Mojave (ordered)
Occupation
Retired Navy

Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves 13D100FA-09CC-4A10-B649-6749BFFA6CD2
Apologies in advance if you mentioned the tire configuration earlier and I missed it. I have the stock tires on mine, and have logged 475 miles since I picked it up two weeks ago - mostly on a four hour round trip from Denver up to the mountains. Mileage improved from 14 MPG before that drive to 19 MPG during and after the drive.

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
Apologies in advance if you mentioned the tire configuration earlier and I missed it. I have the stock tires on mine, and have logged 475 miles since I picked it up two weeks ago - mostly on a four hour round trip from Denver up to the mountains. Mileage improved from 14 MPG before that drive to 19 MPG during and after the drive.
I'm running the stock tires and I did a 200 mile round trip today with pretty flat terrain and got 19.5 mpg. That made me feel a lot better.

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves 13D100FA-09CC-4A10-B649-6749BFFA6CD2

About two weeks now since I got my ‘20 Gator. On the fence about a softtopper and steel bumper with a winch.
I’m with you thinking about the soft top and unconvinced the steel bumper and winch are necessary given the Mojave mission.

OscarM

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
37s on a front Rock Krawler 2.5 inch coil, Ready Lift Front shock extensions, Ready Lift Longer rear sway bar end links, Ready lift 2 inch rear coil spring top mount spring spacers, and Rock Krawler adj front track bar.
Just ordered shock extensions, is the ride quality still the same?
Sponsored