First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Man my JT will likely live with gunk. I got no garage to put it in, Tree above it and a sprinkler system that goes off 3 x a week which drowns the passenger side of my truck each time. Have tried adjusting the sprinklers to no avail the wind and mist just always cover the truck each morning
I don’t have any place covered to keep mine either, so I feel you...

2021-JT-Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe this isn’t the best place for this question, but I am going to ask here and hopefully y’all won’t get mad. From everything I read, the difference between the Mojave and the Rubicon is thicker axle housing, reinforced chassis, stronger spring perches, the trick shocks, the hydraulic bump stops, sitting an inch higher up front, wider track due to the wheels, and lack of locker and electronic sway bar disconnects up front, correct?

I have no intention of taking away what makes it a Mojave, but if somewhere down the line, I wanted to go with different shocks and suspension components, what’s made for a Rubicon for example, those parts should fit, as long as I’m willing to give up what makes it a Mojave? Sometimes I get really attached to my vehicles, so I could see me doing this7-10 years down the line...

Also, I can definitely see me adding a locker up front much sooner than that. There’s no reason that shouldn’t work either, correct? Thanks for y’all’s help. I have read so many threads, and have so much going on in the real world, my mind is fried...
missing:
1) the better in my opinion steering wheel (thicker)
2) improved seats (more bolstering).
3) different sway bars (as i understand different rate and Mojave's are hollow)
4) different front skid plate (AL vs steel)
5) cast iron knuckles vs AL

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
I had posted this in a different forum a while back, but it was really meant for Mojave owners. I had initially expected to need to improve the steering of my Gladiator from reading all of the threads here pre purchase, and buy a stabilizer. But in my 2 weeks of driving my Mojave, it really seems to have pretty good steering. If I hadn't had read about the issues I'm not sure I would have noticed.

I don't see many mentions of a stabilizer in the 40 pages of this thread. Are you guys thinking the Mojave really doesn't need much help in this area? I haven't lifted my Mojave at all and but it did come with the Falken M/T 33's. Given that it's new I haven't gotten it up above 55 mph much yet so perhaps that's where I'll see a need for improvement.

I had been thinking about the 2 adjustable options - the Falcon 2.2 and the Fox ATS (partially because it matches the Mojave’s shocks).

Last edited:

Sponsored

sandifer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator (Mojave)
Occupation
retired from IT business
Vehicle Showcase
I had posted this in a different forum a while back, but it was really meant for Mojave owners. I had initially expected to need to improve the steering of my Gladiator from reading all of the threads here pre purchase, and buy a stabilizer. But in my 2 weeks of driving my Mojave, it really seems to have pretty good steering. If I hadn't had read about the issues I'm not sure I would have noticed.

I don't see many mentions of a stabilizer in the 40 pages of this thread. Are you guys thinking the Mojave really doesn't need much help in this area? I haven't lifted my Mojave at all and but it did come with the Falken M/T 33's. Given that it's new I haven't gotten it up above 55 mph much yet so perhaps that's where I'll see a need for improvement.
I have the basic Fox stabalizer and love it. There are better more expensive options but I'm happy with the basic model. Think it was around $200 and I consider it money well spent....
Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves IMG_0319-tierod-draglink

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
I have the basic Fox stabalizer and love it. There are better more expensive options but I'm happy with the basic model. Think it was around $200 and I consider it money well spent....
Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves IMG_0319-tierod-draglink
Very cool - thanks for the info!

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
missing:
1) the better in my opinion steering wheel (thicker)
2) improved seats (more bolstering).
3) different sway bars (as i understand different rate and Mojave's are hollow)
4) different front skid plate (AL vs steel)
5) cast iron knuckles vs AL
The seats are nice, as is the steering wheel:)

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
IMG_0319-tierod-draglink.jpeg
Gladiator wander less with it?

sandifer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator (Mojave)
Occupation
retired from IT business
Vehicle Showcase
Gladiator wander less with it?
Yea.. and the steering just feels tighter and more responsive to me...FYI See your from Tyler....I live in Colorado now but lived in Shreveport for many years...

Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yea.. and the steering just feels tighter and more responsive to me...FYI See your from Tyler....I live in Colorado now but lived in Shreveport for many years...
Been to Shreveport a few times:) I may give that Fox stabilizer a try...

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
Exploring some places in the PACNW yesterday
i-7Rr2WTN-L.jpg

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
The Mojave front skid plate is steel not aluminum, just painted the same silver color every other vehicle has now. It’s steel I cut mine to fit around front receiver hitch....Jack

sandifer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator (Mojave)
Occupation
retired from IT business
Vehicle Showcase
Did you do track bars and control arms or just the lift?
I did the track bars and control arms as well. Probably not absolutly necessary with. 2" lift but I'd rather add more/better parts than save a few buck and wonder if I made the right decision. The geometry correction bracket from AEV are also a good choice. If I had to choose "one part" to add after the lift it would be the AEV brackets...
Sponsored