Sponsored

Official Press Release: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Specs & Photos

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
yep just dont crash

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
From everything I have read the AWD version in the Sahara is better for Snow because you don't have to be concerned with the pavement being dry. You don't end up driving in 2WD on dry highway as you have to with the standard 4x4 configuration. Of course the 4x4 option is going to be better at getting out of deep stuff (and of course off Road).. Definitely a decision to consider. My Audi is amazing in light snow and rain with its AWD (but of course no ground clearance so in garage if it starts getting up to a few inches).

In Virginia, we get maybe 3-4 snows a year and as long as you know what your doing and drive safely the 4x4 version I believe should be fine for me. As a matter of fact having 4x4 version you pay more attention in my opinion to specific road conditions where the AWD maybe gives a little too much sense of security (really AWD just allows you to drive faster on dry pavement - - and is that really a good thing in snowy conditions … false security if find some ice or need to brake - which AWD won't help at all). People here in Virginia are horrible driving in the snow - they have no idea what they are doing half the time and drive way to fast for the conditions - especially in some of the crossover AWD vehicles.

So I guess my opinion after debating it myself is I would rather have the full 4x4 capability that requires me to actually think about my road conditions vs. the automatic AWD that is more convenient and works better in changing conditions but probably gives me false sense of security. Then if it starts getting deep - I'm better with the 4x4 too.

Now that's me. My daughter - she has one of the new Jeep Compass and I'm glad she has the AWD (she actually has a snow mode) as she is not going to want to have to think about adjusting to the road conditions (she just needs to drive slow). So AWD does have advantage for those that don't want to or don't have the experience with adjusting the drive train to the conditions. And a plug in here - I really love my daughter's Compass - we made a great decision on that car. And I think the infotainment system Chrysler has right now is unrivaled out there (better than my new Audi).

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Perhaps a poll to canvass a two door/access cab with a 6.5 bed for 2022 would be warranted to see how many folks would actually be interested in purchasing that vehicle. Also quite a few people seem happy with the new turbo 4 in the JL, maybe a poll for that for 2022 also. If priced right, the JT can push Tacoma for sales leader. Lots of unhappy Tacoma owners (shifting, drivetrain, no front seat adjustment, and no rear leg room).
This poll has already been started and your participation is welcome - look for this thread under General Discussions. Help those of us who would like an extended cab and a longer bed.

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In general this type of forum is for people who want to come and discuss the pros and cons of a vehicle with the vast majority leaning towards the pros. I subscribe to the theory my grandmother taught us that if you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say it. I see some guys walking around with butt ugly wives and hot women with old fat guys. I have an opinion on the situations but what value does it add to the conversation for me to comment negatively? Why come to a mid size lifestyle truck forum and complain that a mid sized lifestyle truck is not a work truck? There are plenty of trucks that do what you want to do, so unless your goal is to purposely insult our choice to buy Gladiator why comment at all?
There's no reason why this truck couldn't be made to be both. I am sincerely happy for those buyers who wanted the four crew cab with a limited bed - you got your truck and your lifestyle has been supported. But, what about those of us with different lifestyles needs? My lifestyle supports an extended cab with a longer bed. Why can't both be provided? Please don't tell me about market preferences and sale numbers for an extended cab. Every other manufacturer offers these choices including FCA themselves in making the investment to offer the 2019 Rebel in a quad cab for the first time. Come on Jeep build an extended cab for 20121!

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
If the market for such a truck someone out of all the auto manufacturers would make it. I just do not understand why this will not die and why this subject must highjack every single thread on this forum. I understand that you want a two door, I have seen your posts on every single thread on this forum. As of right now it does not exist and no plans have been made for it to ever exist. The amount of money that FCA would have to invest to design and build a two door would just be money thrown down the tube because the sales would never justify the expense. Do a quick google search and see just how much money it takes to design, build and safety test a new model. Then do the math to see how many units would have to be sold to turn a profit. Like I said in multiple other threads go get an F150 with a super cab and a long bead and PLEASE let the subject rest on this forum outside of the threads intentionally started to discuss this particular configuration.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
If the market for such a truck someone out of all the auto manufacturers would make it. I just do not understand why this will not die and why this subject must highjack every single thread on this forum. I understand that you want a two door, I have seen your posts on every single thread on this forum. As of right now it does not exist and no plans have been made for it to ever exist. The amount of money that FCA would have to invest to design and build a two door would just be money thrown down the tube because the sales would never justify the expense. Do a quick google search and see just how much money it takes to design, build and safety test a new model. Then do the math to see how many units would have to be sold to turn a profit. Like I said in multiple other threads go get an F150 with a super cab and a long bead and PLEASE let the subject rest on this forum outside of the threads intentionally started to discuss this particular configuration.
2nd!

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand what your saying and I have to honestly say I don't know how one person continuing to provide a comment "highjacks" a discussion. I am always respectful of other comments and have also continually stated that I very happy a Jeep pickup truck finally exists and I am also happy for those who prefer the four door.

My reason for continually stating the same position is to create interest and demonstrate to Jeep that there is in fact a market full of many buyers who do in fact prefer an extended cab with a longer bed. I started a thread polling this question on this forum and in fact the clear majority of the respondents do prefer some form of a two door truck (extended cab or two door). Now don't get all wigged out about the reference to a regular cab two door truck as I have a about 50 times about the sales figures for regular cab trucks. I agree as my interest rests with having an extended cab with a longer bed.

Furthermore, I realize the poll results referenced above are highly unscientific but it still sends a message. It is often said that Jeep monitors these forums and if they do I hope they see the interest and support for an extended cab truck.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I understand and appreciate your passion for what you want. But this topic is brought up and discussed and soundly rejected everywhere on this forum. If someone as dense as I am is able to notice that it is mainly one or two guys discussing the subject in multiple threads on the forum don't you think that Jeep would notice the same thing? All I am asking is that we limit the discussion to the relevant threads. There is a total of 61 votes for some sort of a two door Gladiator out of the thousands of forum participants. That is not a huge market share.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
My reason for continually stating the same position is to create interest and demonstrate to Jeep that there is in fact a market full of many buyers who do in fact prefer an extended cab with a longer bed.
Then please follow accepted norms of online forum courtesy and confine such comments to threads dedicated to the subject rather then repeatedly threadjacking discussions that are about something else. You have your poll thread and can continue to create and comment in other dedicated threads - why keep beating your dead horse in so many other threads?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
In other news.....when more info comes out, will the first post of this thread have all the relevant info?

Just saw this video
Hour long. Need to make some popcorn after my wife goes to bed. =)

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
@2015er watch the above Autoline video closely. Mark flat out says a 2 door simply isn't happening. They've done the focus groups and market research combined with JK/JL 2 door sales at 20% of the total Wrangler sales mix.

If you want a 2 door truck buy a JL and extend the bed ~2 ft and remove the rear seat. That's as close as you are going to get...and less time than posting here on forums constantly.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
So I watched that whole video, lots of great information. I will say that I think Lauren Fix is wrong on multiple points and not to mention what the top3 SUVs are. I'm not sure what demographic they use to get these but seems to be a very pinpointed one. I also think it was interesting when she said you won't see a moms putting kids in the back of a Gladiator. I think that's wrong personally only time will tell, but I see lots of Moms/ Women driving trucks these days and we all know Wranglers. I think this could appeal for multiple reasons. I think people will disagree with me and part of it is where you live.
Sponsored