Sponsored

offroad with 6.4

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
You'd have a few more options and get custom for what you want. Reach out to them and see what they would recommend for your application. You'd also have the peace of mind in knowing the Atlas is bullet proof for whatever you intend to throw at it. I am a big believer in build over what you want to wheel. Of course I also have Reid Racing knuckles waiting for an install with HD ball joints and soon to be 35 spline RCV shafts...

But the same question would apply. 2:1, 3:1, 4;1 etc for the gear ration on the t case. I think that is the whole reason for the suggestion of going to the non-Rubicon t case is to get a better gear ratio for the extra torque of the 6.4.

I was hoping to hear from those who have done the 6.4 conversion for their thoughts on the t case differences and which they would prefer.

OP
OP
JonRJackson

JonRJackson

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
You'd have a few more options and get custom for what you want. Reach out to them and see what they would recommend for your application. You'd also have the peace of mind in knowing the Atlas is bullet proof for whatever you intend to throw at it. I am a big believer in build over what you want to wheel. Of course I also have Reid Racing knuckles waiting for an install with HD ball joints and soon to be 35 spline RCV shafts...
I’ll reach out and see what they say.

The 35 spline RCVs are awesome. I was the first gladiator to install them (according to the guy at RCV). Also did 35 spline rears too!

thanks for the input and links.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
hey guys, considering doing a 6.4 swap and the installer asked if I wanted to go to a sport transfer case from my rubicon. says that people are finding the 4:1 with a hemi has some trouble with being able to stop when in 4 low. i can see it makes some sense logically. just wanted to reach out to you guys who have done the swap and get your thoughts. i do enjoy rock crawling, no mud or high speed offroad stuff.

thanks
Jon
I believe @shrinkhead has mentioned that issue while using his 6.4 in 4 low, I would ask him about it.

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
I currently have 5.13s in my gladiator on 39” KM3s. I feel like that may be over geared for the 392, but don’t. Have an real world knowledge of it. Hence why I’m here 🤔😁
How do you like the 5.13s? Do you have the pentestar?

Sponsored

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Same problem with my diesel.
Before I trained my differentials to lock in 4H, anything I did in 4L would start in 3rd or 4th gear.

Transfer case ratios and differential gear ratios should be options from the factory.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
You are most welcome. I'll end up down the same path. This is my first Jeep so I am learning as I go.

I’ll reach out and see what they say.

The 35 spline RCVs are awesome. I was the first gladiator to install them (according to the guy at RCV). Also did 35 spline rears too!

thanks for the input and links.

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
Really like them with the 3.6 and the 39s. Restored the factory feel with power.
Good to know. I wish the km3s in 39s were a little cheaper right now.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Same problem with my diesel.
Before I trained my differentials to lock in 4H, anything I did in 4L would start in 3rd or 4th gear.

Transfer case ratios and differential gear ratios should be options from the factory.
Same here with my JTRD. 4Lo, it will start out in either 2nd or 3rd. It will push through the brakes if you're not careful. On the plus side. It will crawl up a rock face without touching the loud pedal.
Sponsored