Oh snap there might be a DPF Delete now :D

Would you buy this ?

• Total voters

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
try +75 hp and +120tq, way cooler temps, increased mpg and increased longevity once the diesel is no longer forced to sniff its own farts via EGR.
I would love to see a source for this one. Either claim actually, because the emissions equipment kills diesels argument frequently ignores the fact that at the same time, OEMs made fundamental changes to the engine using parts known to have lower durability for the sake of lighter weight and reduced emissions.
Sponsored

Average Oregonian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Awwwwwww how sweet😇....now get you a Prius and save the planet

I'm happy as well with dealing with a dpf it ReDucEs eMiSiOns,but you can delete it and Save fuel, remember your technicaly using less fuel so it would translate to leveling less of the supposed emissions right ?
I work in the tuning products industry and have attended various seminars about the laws that are being enforced by the EPA, and where their current focuses are (and why).

During recent presentations, the EPA has shown data that they estimate there are ~500k known deleted trucks in existence based on sales data from enforcement actions. This is only the known sales they have observed.

Those ~500k deleted trucks produce emissions output that would equal the same as an additional 9 million compliant trucks.

I personally don't agree with how the laws are written, nor how they are enforced, but I am unfortunately aware of the realities facing the industry. Each delete/defeat/bypass product carries a maximum fine of ~$48k. For example, if someone produces and sells 100 delete kits for a Gladiator, they are subject to up to a $4,800,000 fine. The ROI for these types of products is rapidly dwindling in the face of massive fines, and enforcement actions are rapidly increasing. I suspect that existing products for other applications (3/4 & 1 ton trucks and so forth) will still slip through the cracks for awhile longer, but I doubt new products will be brought to market in today's regulatory environment.

I certainly would not count on a permanent delete and tune solution if you consider those mods as an integral to part of your plans for owning the 3L Diesel. It sucks to say, but as someone mentioned before, if the DPF part is off-putting, simply avoid the diesel.

Jeep Gladiator Oh snap there might be a DPF Delete now :D EPA Seminar.JPG

Last edited:

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
End of the day, if you make children you'll cause far more environmental damage than driving ANYthing ever will.
Or, you can do both things and still only suffer minor inconveniences. We've got enough asshats in the world already who have 12 bedroom houses and fly the world on private planes justified through carbon "credits" or whateverthefuckelse. Everything doesn't need to be tradeoffs.

If you want more power there's ways to get it without grossly increasing your emissions.

Sponsored

Lowcountryearl

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 TJ
Occupation
Biomedical Engineer
Almost as much pollution as a 3 cylinder Geo Metro with a bad ring, we've all seen those

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Let’s first fix the “new” plastic gas cans that supposedly prevent spills.
I swear half the gas goes in the mower and the other half in to the ground.

EPA and other environmental groups have their heart in the right place, but their execution seems rushed and terrible.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Let’s first fix the “new” plastic gas cans that supposedly prevent spills.
I swear half the gas goes in the mower and the other half in to the ground.

EPA and other environmental groups have their heart in the right place, but their execution seems rushed and terrible.
I don't believe that's EPA, that's CARB who is insane in their own right. Could be wrong but I haven't had too much trouble finding non CARB compliant spouts yet which makes me think it's strictly a thing so manufacturers don't have to make two versions.

OP
OP
ThatStinging_Jeep

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
I work in the tuning products industry and have attended various seminars about the laws that are being enforced by the EPA, and where their current focuses are (and why).

During recent presentations, the EPA has shown data that they estimate there are ~500k known deleted trucks in existence based on sales data from enforcement actions. This is only the known sales they have observed.

Those ~500k deleted trucks produce emissions output that would equal the same as an additional 9 million compliant trucks.

I personally don't agree with how the laws are written, nor how they are enforced, but I am unfortunately aware of the realities facing the industry. Each delete/defeat/bypass product carries a maximum fine of ~$48k. For example, if someone produces and sells 100 delete kits for a Gladiator, they are subject to up to a $4,800,000 fine. The ROI for these types of products is rapidly dwindling in the face of massive fines, and enforcement actions are rapidly increasing. I suspect that existing products for other applications (3/4 & 1 ton trucks and so forth) will still slip through the cracks for awhile longer, but I doubt new products will be brought to market in today's regulatory environment.

I certainly would not count on a permanent delete and tune solution if you consider those mods as an integral to part of your plans for owning the 3L Diesel. It sucks to say, but as someone mentioned before, if the DPF part is off-putting, simply avoid the diesel.

Jeep Gladiator Oh snap there might be a DPF Delete now :D EPA Seminar.JPG
So question,if your a person that owns a deleted diesel truck can you get fined? I wouldn't think so but can you?

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
So question,if your a person that owns a deleted diesel truck can you get fined? I wouldn't think so but can you?
In my state (Pennsylvania), you can. Up to $25k fine for tampering with emissions, as the end-user. I wouldn't even think about it here. I have a feeling other states are the same.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I am happy to deal with a catalytic converter, as it reduces emissions. Likewise the aftertreatment system for a diesel engine reduces emissions. The DPF in particular keeps the black carbon from shooting out the tailpipe. I don’t want to return to the smog filled air from my childhood. …and I want to reduce the global temperature trend. Gaining a few HP for an individual versus the impact on the many is not worth it.

The rise in temperature is impacting the places we like to visit with our trucks, such as our National Parks. So, I repeat myself…. If you don’t want to deal with a DPF, don’t buy a Diesel engine.
You have definitely bought the wrong vehicle if these are your true concerns. But since you bought a thirsty pig of a brick I don't believe you actually care.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
It's federal law. So applied nationwide. Fines are governed by each state. Last I remember, 10k fine and/or imprisonment, and vehicle possibly impounded unless fixed. That was FL.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
How bout start with green diesel tune? Always heard good stuff from them and won't require deletes. If I make up my mind to switch to diesel (my own reasons), I plan to go that route.
Sponsored