Sponsored

On Board Air: Pre-Fab’d mounts/DIY & Chucks (Where & Why)

NGNERD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator Rubicon GCM
I offer a few different mounting options for the JT. I have one for the bed that mounts the single ARB compressor and one that holds the Twin ARB compressor and it also has an optional protective guard. No pics to show yet, but I also have a universal mount that works with the single or twin that mounts in the cab with a few different air chuck solutions. I am finishing prototypes within the next few days and be able to show the pre-production pieces for that one. Let me know if anyone has any questions.
twin2.jpg
twin-switch2.jpg
for more information.

single2.jpg

guard3.jpg
Hi
I have an older ARB CKSA12 and I wanted to make sure mine would fit your plate before I bought it so I have attached a plate diagram from the instructions. Also, I plan on using mine for airing accessories only like yourself and since my wiring harness won't reach all the way back can I ask if you just ran your own wiring and if so what gague wire?
Thanks for your help

Screenshot_20200722-124602_Drive.jpg

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Why is the ARB compressor so popular?

It seems very small for the price.

I would much rather have a seperate bigger compressor somewhere and run a line to a medium sized air tank permanently mounted somewhere on the truck. From there run permanent lines to the back and front with a quick connect fitting.

Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Hi
I have an older ARB CKSA12 and I wanted to make sure mine would fit your plate before I bought it so I have attached a plate diagram from the instructions. Also, I plan on using mine for airing accessories only like yourself and since my wiring harness won't reach all the way back can I ask if you just ran your own wiring and if so what gague wire?
Thanks for your help

Jeep Gladiator On Board Air: Pre-Fab’d mounts/DIY & Chucks (Where & Why) Screenshot_20200722-124602_Drive
That looks like the same mounting plate for the newer single CKMA12. The Single compressor plate I have for the bed will work for that one. If using the in-cab mount for behind the rear drivers seat the one mount I have will work, it fits both the single and twin compressors.

single7.jpg

behind-seat-6.jpg

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ

I would much rather have a seperate bigger compressor somewhere and run a line to a medium sized air tank permanently mounted somewhere on the truck. From there run permanent lines to the back and front with a quick connect fitting.
You can absolutely do that with the ARB, but the reason why they're popular, is because they simply work, and work really really well. Physical size has nothing to do with it.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition

I think it is really how much space do you want to take up. I had the ViAir Constant Duty setup first with 3 gallon tank but for me I mostly use mine for biking more than Jeepin, so I like the smaller setup.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Who makes this? Do you have links for the other options you pictured?
THis is definitely something I'm considering, another option for me (once the overland rack form Maximus-3) is the top of bed control unit, with compressor mounted under hood (for neat appearances)

NGNERD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator Rubicon GCM
That looks like the same mounting plate for the newer single CKMA12. The Single compressor plate I have for the bed will work for that one. If using the in-cab mount for behind the rear drivers seat the one mount I have will work, it fits both the single and twin compressors.

Jeep Gladiator On Board Air: Pre-Fab’d mounts/DIY & Chucks (Where & Why) behind-seat-6

Jeep Gladiator On Board Air: Pre-Fab’d mounts/DIY & Chucks (Where & Why) behind-seat-6
Thanks. Just ordered.

Sponsored

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
it wouldn't be too hard, but some provision needs to be made to feed some oil on the intake side to keep the piston lubricated as freon has a fair amount of lubricity.

I have not seen it done, but sounds interesting.
Sponsored