Sponsored

One thing that sucks about my jeep......slammed doors!

jebsurf

First Name
jeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 twin turbo explorer sport
Haha I know I can't be the only one. I know people aren't use to them being so light, but shit! My door gets slammed EVERY TIME a new ridder gets in. Am I the only one ?
Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I feel like mine have to be slammed half the time, for truck to register them closed.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
4e9qss.jpg

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Just did that this past weekend had to tell my wife and daughter to take it easy. Thought my wife was going to break the glass she flung it so hard. I was like what the hell.

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
What I noticed, if the freedom panels are in and the windows are up, you have to use more force when closing the doors. My wife and I often have to try to close the doors again. Air tight! Now, when a window is down or the panels are out, the doors shut really easily. It is something we will have to get a feel for!

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Just did that this past weekend had to tell my wife and daughter to take it easy. Thought my wife was going to break the glass she flung it so hard. I was like what the hell.
Mine did the exact same thing and when I gave her $hit for it she got mad at me and said, 'it's not going to break anything'. I literally thought she would shatter the glass (window was rolled down) she slammed it so hard.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
What I noticed, if the freedom panels are in and the windows are up, you have to use more force when closing the doors. My wife and I often have to try to close the doors again. Air tight! Now, when a window is down or the panels are out, the doors shut really easily. It is something we will have to get a feel for!
Yes I have the soft top on now so the doors are super easy to close. Everyone keeps slamming them and I am telling them to stop slamming the doors

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Haha I know I can't be the only one. I know people aren't use to them being so light, but shit! My door gets slammed EVERY TIME a new ridder gets in. Am I the only one ?
Yeah, you are LOL
Seriously, most of the time it's fine. I've not really noticed a hard close or slam.
My JT does have a problem, though, and it's my fault for not addressing it.
The front passenger door (right front for you Americans and Canadians) has to be closed harder because it's not perfectly adjusted.
The REAR doors I have to watch as they are so light and close so easily I find myself wanting to close them with the same force that one door takes - or even the left front as it closes so perfectly and is heavier than the rears.
The rear doors on this are very light.

I'll ever adjust that right front door - or ask my body shop owner friend to do it - not sure I trust a dealer to do it as they'll say, like they did before - it's just fine.
No, it's not. It even sounds different, harsher.

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
How about the drivers belt that never really retracts and the door bashes the crap out of the buckle every time.

Even my old CJ and the FSJ's before had this problem.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
How about the drivers belt that never really retracts and the door bashes the crap out of the buckle every time.

Even my old CJ and the FSJ's before had this problem.
Mine actually works fine -
my WJ - nope, and it gets twisted easily. But what should I expect with 126,000 miles and 16 years of use?

I'd expect that out of a CJ - if it was like the retractors used in that era, like my Eagle (and the Jeep and Eagle seat belts often interchange) they used really weak springs and the reel got gummy easily.

Tanker_(R)

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Quality Control
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it doesn't do any good to slam the door when you get pissed off.