First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I have completed the Rubicon 5.13 axle swap into my Willys today. It all went off without any complications and I'm happy with the job. I realized 2 nights ago I had the wrong Dana 44 wire harnesses and had to order the correct ones. So I'm still waiting on those to show up but the wiring into the Lasfit switches won't be a big deal. The 5.13's are so much different than the 3.73's. I actually see 8th gear now!! Lol. 37's will be next. Other than a 4:1 transfer case and electric disconnecting sway bar, my Willys is now essentially a Rubicon. All the Rock Jock hardware was installed with this build. If anyone is considering Rock Jock, they make fantastic products that would stand-up against anything else on the market. But their instructions are HORRIBLE!! That's because they don't have any for a large portion of the products they sell. I installed a front track bar relocation which required drilling a clearance hole and assembling a multiple piece assembly. Not a bit of instruction on how to install this. Not even a YouTube video. Luckily I'm mechanical and a wrench turner and figured it out but it's frustrating that products that cost so much don't include even basic instructions. I actually ended up looking at the photos of the part on their website to see how it was assembled. But if that's the worst that happened i can deal. It went well.
Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Nope! Its still a Willys with 5.13's. 😆

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
That’s awesome, and the pictures don’t do it justice either. Looks amazing! 😂

redline61

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Hell yeah! I just finished swapping in Rubi axles wired to the Lazfit switches. Worked out amazing and totally worth the time.

Sponsored