Sponsored

For something completely different -- How is the BT phone call quality?

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I thought you could adjust the ringer volume either by using the phone volume buttons or the radio volume button or a combination of both. I forgot exactly how the volume controls are setup on iPhone as I prefer android, but ft the iPhone has separate ringer volume controls adjust that while connected to BT.
yeah I tried something along those lines for adjustment, but I wonder if the volume level is reset each time you reconnect to BT in the car. My ringer is just so loud I guess that I have to immediately turn down the volume knob because it scares the crap out of me when a call comes in LOL
Sponsored

fixbroke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've found that a lot of volume settings on the Uconnect system can only be changed with the main volume knob while the specific event is happening. Try the volume knob while it's actually ringing.

I couldn't figure out for the longest time why my navigation voice prompts were so quiet and I looked everywhere for a volume setting, to no avail. As it turned out I just needed to use the volume knob while I was receiving a voice prompt.

Edit: looks like you've already figured that out and it doesn't permanently change the ring volume, but I'll leave this here in case anyone else has a volume issue similar to mine

seanmh72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Using via CarPlay is 100x (estimated) better than using standard bluetooth. If you can use it that way, I would recommend it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
For the record, mind gets loud enough now. I guess it had automatically cut my BT phone call Voice volume for phone calls down to 50% on the phone itself. But music volume was still at 100%. So it was a big quiet, now itā€™s more than loud enough. :like:

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
Itā€™s a ginormous upgrade over my 2015 JKU Hard Rock.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I wish somehow I could figure out how to turn down the volume of the phone call ringer. Seems that there isn't a dedicated setting either on the radio or on an iPhone when the two are paired.

Other than that, phone calls have decent clarity, so I've been told :like:
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

JeepCares

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
We had our JT for about 2 months. We have the hard top and with the windows up, you can use the phone. The receiving end can hear lots of road noise. Comparing to my Chevy Silverado, Jeep(uconnect) have a long way to go to improve the Bluetooth phone microphone. The Silverado's Bluetooth phone microphone cancels out most of the tire and wind noise, even with the windows open. The JT's bluetoorh uconnect is not usable moving with the windows down. I have not tried it with the top off. The samgsung phone I have works better alone in the JT than when connected to uconnect. I have not compared my JT to another, but I suspect it will be the same.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Iā€™m really disappointed with mine. Itā€™s basically unusable on the hwy. everyone complains that they canā€™t hear me past the wind noise, but Iā€™ve complained about how awful my hwy wind noise is with my hard top and the dealer says itā€™s normal. Itā€™s no quieter than the soft tops Iā€™ve driven and louder than my JKUā€™s hard top was.

2020 Overland Hardtop with the Alpine/8.4ā€ system.

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oldwillysforum.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys EcoDiesel
Occupation
Architect
My 2021 JTWD with the Alpine/8.4 is completely unusable for calls while driving. Every call I've gotten while driving has ended in the caller giving up on trying to hear my voice over the road noise.
Wishing there was a better mic upgrade or something to make it better.

HunterBartlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jep
I've been using the Bluetooth phone in my JT for quite some time, and I must say, the call quality has consistently impressed me. Even during my longer drives, the noise cancellation technology seems to do a commendable job in maintaining clear communication for both parties. Of course, it's worth noting that certain road conditions might influence this, but overall, my experiences have been quite positive. Speaking of effective call management, have you considered trying out MightyCall? They offer a range of features that can really enhance your communication experience. From call forwarding to voicemail transcription, it's a versatile solution for both personal and professional use.

Last edited:

Sponsored

IPRoutes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave 2023 Bright White
Occupation
Sr. Network Architect
Very satisfied. No one complained about the voice quality.

fixbroke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just spent a little time looking into this today, and it seems the call quality got a lot better in the 2021 models. For the 2020s, here's a fix that I'm pursuing with Grand Cherokee mics, as posted by @Sleighman back in 2021:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/bluetooth-noise-issue.17187/page-7

The information starts on page 7 of that thread and spills over into page 8. Not a true write-up, but enough to go on. For $24 and an hour or so of time, why not give it a shot?

Here are the mics:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/352746691974

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
I just spent a little time looking into this today, and it seems the call quality got a lot better in the 2021 models. For the 2020s, here's a fix that I'm pursuing with Grand Cherokee mics, as posted by @Sleighman back in 2021:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/bluetooth-noise-issue.17187/page-7

The information starts on page 7 of that thread and spills over into page 8. Not a true write-up, but enough to go on. For $24 and an hour or so of time, why not give it a shot?

Here are the mics:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/352746691974
If they improved call quality by adding noise cancelling mics to the 2021+, there must be a new part number for the gladiators that would probably fit a lot better than the GC mics. And maybe plug and play.

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I have a 2021 and used BT with the top/doors off for the first time last week and my buddy said he could hear me just fine while I drove around

Raven65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
No complaints at all with my '22. I expected the Gladiator to be a noisy vehicle, but was really surprised to find that it's really not that bad at all. Sure, it's no Lexus, but it's not supposed to be. I DO have the hard top, but haven't added any insulation to it - and I have no problem making/receiving calls at highway speeds. I have also replaced my freedom panels with a SunRider (best mod yet) - and that has increased the wind noise a bit at higher speeds, but I can still make/receive calls just fine.
Sponsored