First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Elevator Superintendent
Got my lift and wheels ordered and now I’m trying to pin down which tires to go with... 37x12.5r17. What’s your opinion on the below options?

Nitto Ridge Grapplers - 81lbs
Cooper STT Pro - 75lbs
BFG KM3 - 77lbs
Yokohama Geolander MT - 76lbs
Sponsored

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
There is not enough difference in weight between those tires to matter. I considered the Nitto, Cooper, and BFG when I chose 37s two weeks ago.

The BFGs were my top choice, but they were on a nationwide backorder, and my tire store had no idea when they would be available. Coopers came highly recommended by a number of people, but they were all people that used their vehicles where an AT tire would work best, and the Coopers look like an aggressive set of Goodyear Duratracs to me, another AT tire. I always seem to use my Jeep in bad weather where I am going to be in mud or snow, because I have other off road toys to use if the weather is good. I have found that an MT tire works best for me. That left me with either the Nitto, or my gold standard, the Toyo MT. I've used the Toyo MT several times in the past, and it has always worked better than other tires I have compared it to. I went with the Toyo MT again.

Good luck in your choice.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
BFG's all the way here, I'll never use a different brand on any off road vehicle or truck I own. Their proven.

OP
OP
GladiatorCruzen

GladiatorCruzen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Elevator Superintendent
There is not enough difference in weight between those tires to matter. I considered the Nitto, Cooper, and BFG when I chose 37s two weeks ago.

The BFGs were my top choice, but they were on a nationwide backorder, and my tire store had no idea when they would be available. Coopers came highly recommended by a number of people, but they were all people that used their vehicles where an AT tire would work best, and the Coopers look like an aggressive set of Goodyear Duratracs to me, another AT tire. I always seem to use my Jeep in bad weather where I am going to be in mud or snow, because I have other off road toys to use if the weather is good. I have found that an MT tire works best for me. That left me with either the Nitto, or my gold standard, the Toyo MT. I've used the Toyo MT several times in the past, and it has always worked better than other tires I have compared it to. I went with the Toyo MT again.

Good luck in your choice.
I had not really considered the Toyo MT, but I do like the tread design and I’ve heard great things.

Sponsored

CTFriel

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Cooper STT Pros will run taller than all the others if it matters. The BFG is basically a 35” tire. Also the Coopers are made in the USA.

Jeep Gladiator Opinion on these tires? 6F1064C0-8A1E-4635-853E-05431D453046
Jeep Gladiator Opinion on these tires? B1C18DCE-8791-452F-B626-48072F131779

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Cooper STT Pros will run taller than all the others if it matters. The BFG is basically a 35” tire. Also the Coopers are made in the USA.

BFG measures 36 exactly or that's what they measured on my JKU with 37lbs of pressure,.can't speak for the rest of them. I do know Geolanders M/T 35 12.5 17 on my JKU measured 34.6 mounted with the same amount of pressure.

CTFriel

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
BFG measures 36 exactly or that's what they measured on my JKU with 37lbs of pressure,.can't speak for the rest of them. I do know Geolanders M/T 35 12.5 17 on my JKU measured 34.6 mounted with the same amount of pressure.
You’re the only person I’ve ever heard say a BFG runs true to size. Even BFG says they don’t. However running a 37” tire at 37psi is likely to make it taller yet wear out a lot faster.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
You’re the only person I’ve ever heard say a BFG runs true to size. Even BFG says they don’t. However running a 37” tire at 37psi is likely to make it taller yet wear out a lot faster.
I didn't say they ran true to size, I said a 37 BFG measured 36 on my JKU and the 315 70 17 BFGs on my JT measure 33.9. The 35 17 70 BFGs I had on my JKU measure 34.1, and I got 46,000 miles out of them at 37 psi. I run my 315 70 17 BFG KO2s on my JT at 40psi and they got 15,500 miles on them and show little signs of wear. I should have no problem getting close to 50,000 out of them which sucks because I want 37's but can't justify the purchase until these wear out.

OP
OP
GladiatorCruzen

GladiatorCruzen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Elevator Superintendent
I re

I love the look of the STT Pros. How’s the wet weather performance.

Sponsored

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
I have 37x12.5r17 Ridge Grapplers and they are quiet as the oem Bridgestone duelers the jeep came with. I expected more noise than my previous Ko2’s but they are quieter, if not the quietest oversized tire that I’ve own.

I considered KO2’s since my last 35” KO2’s lasted over 60k miles, but I’m not fond of their low speed noise (not loud, just slightly noticeable).

I also had cooper at3 xlt in mind due to high mileage warranty.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I have 37x12.5r17 Ridge Grapplers and they are quiet as the oem Bridgestone duelers the jeep came with. I expected more noise than my previous Ko2’s but they are quieter, if not the quietest oversized tire that I’ve own.

I considered KO2’s since my last 35” KO2’s lasted over 60k miles, but I’m not fond of their low speed noise (not loud, just slightly noticeable).

I also had cooper at3 xlt in mind due to high mileage warranty.
I switched to Nitto Ridge Grapplers after years of BFG AT. The Nitto is about the same in noise, but has been holding balance much better even after some heavy off-roading. This has definitely converted me, but either tire is great.

Stylinhonda

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I switched to Nitto Ridge Grapplers after years of BFG AT. The Nitto is about the same in noise, but has been holding balance much better even after some heavy off-roading. This has definitely converted me, but either tire is great.
I've only ever used BFG KO2's....been eying the Ridge Grappler but was worried about on road feel and noise....so you guys would recommend the Ridge Grappler over the KO2? How about the added weight of the Ridge Grappler over the KO2's?