Hernan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Hey there,

Here's what you need to do, pulled directly from the Tazer owner's manual.

1639507281789.png
I installed these taillights yesterday and am getting the signal out warning. I have a tazer mini and switches the LED option from on to off to on a couple times. Still getting the warning. I'm not sure I understand what is meant by "Perform a few 5 minute sleep cycles"? Anyone successfully do this?
Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
I installed these taillights yesterday and am getting the signal out warning. I have a tazer mini and switches the LED option from on to off to on a couple times. Still getting the warning. I'm not sure I understand what is meant by "Perform a few 5 minute sleep cycles"? Anyone successfully do this?
You have to clear DTC's first. Then do the tail light setting. All a sleep cycle is, is turning the Jeep OFF. Locking the doors, walking away for approx 60 seconds (Dash lights and instrument cluster turns OFF)

Rubicon80

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Occupation
Manager
You have to clear DTC's first. Then do the tail light setting. All a sleep cycle is, is turning the Jeep OFF. Locking the doors, walking away for approx 60 seconds (Dash lights and instrument cluster turns OFF)

JP can this be done with the Superchips Flashcal or does it have to be the tazer ?

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
I'm bypassing the harness install, which I bought, and going direct to one of the OEM switches. Hopefully that will prevent any "error" issues.

tedb

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland in Gobi
At this time, the only way to clear the error is with a programmer. Per my post on the main thread for these, you can get on the wait list for a non-programmer solution free of charge when we have one available by completing this form here: https://forms.gle/BzUYkNamRzWuybqc9
Any update on when the non-programmer solution will be available?

I finally got my lights yesterday (Christmas gift -LOL) and installed them right away. Much to my disappointment I am a victim of the "Turn Signal Light Out" error. I did fill out the Google Form.

Sponsored

samw5

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet Silver Gladiator Rubicon
Is the error code supposed to come up right away or after driving a while?
Just installed mine today on my 21 JTR with factory LEDs. So far no code.
I did rewire the Oracle backup lights using the tap wire rather than plug and play harness that was too short anyways. Figured that it would put a little more load on each sides.

IMG20220219121501.jpg

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I did rewire the Oracle backup lights using the tap wire rather than plug and play harness that was too short anyways. Figured that it would put a little more load …
Keep us posted … perhaps you’ve found “the fix.” If it, indeed, has solved their problem, I’d like to try the same (w/ Oracle’s blessing that the warranty remains in force.)

It really bothered me, as well, about the harness being too short — had to unsnap the clip to the bodywork which provides a degree of strain relief. Now the harness is free to bounce around the cavity which is far from ideal.

samw5

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep us posted … perhaps you’ve found “the fix.” If it, indeed, has solved their problem, I’d like to try the same (w/ Oracle’s blessing that the warranty remains in force.)

It really bothered me, as well, about the harness being too short — had to unsnap the clip to the bodywork which provides a degree of strain relief. Now the harness is free to bounce around the cavity which is far from ideal.
Ya agree on the harness, though apparently it's not new, the plug and play harness that I got with the backup lights was about 2 feet too short to properly reach the far side light ... Apparently early models were too short, my luck.

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
I have had my fill of Oracle. First bought reverse lights with plug and play harness and wires were to short. Had to modify to work. Then ordered flush mounted taillights when first announced and waited 4 months with them having my money. Installed lights and light out and reverse light issues. Paid another $150 for JScan, cables, and dongle. Still have random errors if I have to stop in traffic with brakes on for a longer time. Signed up about 2 months ago for the supposed fix coming and crickets. Totally unacceptable and would advise others to stay away. Tired of reading it’s the Jeeps electrical and Covid issues. Putting blame on lack of testing and lame cheap led components. Look elsewhere consumers.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Any update on when the non-programmer solution will be available?

I finally got my lights yesterday (Christmas gift -LOL) and installed them right away. Much to my disappointment I am a victim of the "Turn Signal Light Out" error. I did fill out the Google Form.
We do not have an ETA at this time but if you filled out the form already, you will be one of the first to know when it is available!

-Brittany

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
JP can this be done with the Superchips Flashcal or does it have to be the tazer ?
Not very sure about those. We know for sure Tazer and JSCAN work.

samw5

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I guess I'll be submitting the form as well :(

Jeep Gladiator Oracle Flush Mount Tail Lights Issues IMG20220221175956

LCF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
I can’t believe they are still selling these, knowing there is a potential problem. Seems like only a small…very small percentage of people are making out ok.

I had the same issue with mine but was able to sell them to someone that could live with having a defective part on their vehicle.

It’s really a shame. I mean, they did own up to the problem but haven’t solved it as of yet. Maybe refund everyone a percentage of the original purchase price ???

Seems like their customer service is going downhill as quick as their products too. Had my switchback headlights break and I’m currently in week 2 of waiting for them to refund my money to PayPal. Thank goodness I can simply dispute the charges as once they received the lights back…. I’ve been ignored. Zero communication from anyone. Any attempt to call gets put to a voicemail.

ABSOLUTE JOKE

samw5

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I understand with Tazer you have to toggle to non-led, then back to led, then perform a "few" sleep cycles (not sure how many exactly).

I was looking at the JSCAN options last night (lucky to have both a license for it and a Tazer), and saw an option for "Rear Left and Right Turn Lamp Diagnostics Present - On/Off".
Would that be the setting to flip? Not sure how the Tazer would be able to accomplish that since it doesn't seem to have the same option (vs just toggling LED/Non-LED).
Sponsored