Sponsored

Overland: Mopar lift and mud tire impact?

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
Any significant MPG difference with these. This is my biggest concern with getting a set of all terrains put on over the factory all seasons. I'm really enjoying getting 22mpg in a wheeled brick. And considering the overwhelming majority of my driving time is spent on pavement doing errands and commuting, those mpgs are an important factor.
Not that I've noticed. Only a tad noisier on the road, but you have to listen for it. Makes it look better, more like a JEEP.
Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Any significant MPG difference with these. This is my biggest concern with getting a set of all terrains put on over the factory all seasons. I'm really enjoying getting 22mpg in a wheeled brick. And considering the overwhelming majority of my driving time is spent on pavement doing errands and commuting, those mpgs are an important factor.
The Overland Tires are made for the street. Going to a bigger size and AT, will drop your MPG slightly. Make sure you adjust tire size in the computer either by having dealer do it ($200+) or get an aftermarket programmer like Tazer ($300). getting an aftermarket wil let you change alot of things whereas dealer will charge @00 every time you bring it in to change something.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 911 C2S
I did the Mopar lift and 37 Toyo RTs on my Sport. I drive very hard, living where I live its a must or you'll be hit by dumbasses on their phones or not knowing where they are, seriously. My MPG was 16 and now is 13.4. Im going to regear to 488s next month and I still wont really care about MPG. Haven't taken it on a long trip yet but will for Christmas.

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I did the Mopar lift and 37 Toyo RTs on my Sport. I drive very hard, living where I live its a must or you'll be hit by dumbasses on their phones or not knowing where they are, seriously. My MPG was 16 and now is 13.4. Im going to regear to 488s next month and I still wont really care about MPG. Haven't taken it on a long trip yet but will for Christmas.
Is this your current setup? Would you mind sharing some pictures?

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
On my Overland setup, I put 35x12.5x18 Toyo Open Country AT2 with no lift. I originally wanted to get MTs but since I am mostly street driving with occasional offroading, I decided to get the AT2. The tire is pretty aggressive looking and has minimal road noise. Still contemplating on a lift but am satisfied with the overall look and function. It does rub a little on tight turns but not much of an issue.

38E82F1A-66C3-4E6E-82A3-4FD395DC9F66.jpeg
Looks awesome! So this is without a lift? Also, how do you like the hardshell? Would you recommend?

Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I went with a 3.5 JKS lift and 35x12.50x17 Toyo AT2 tires on my Sport with 3.73 gears. My MPG went down from 19.5 or so to 17.5 or so. I’m in the same boat with using my JT as a commuter and errand runner. Had it almost a year and have put nearly 7500 miles on it. Highway drive to FL from North GA averaged 18MPG or so.

The gearing is the biggest difference. Before the tires and lift I held 8th pretty consistently. After, I am rarely in 8th. Yes, I reprogrammed the computer. I’ll be looking for 4.56 or 4.88 gears in the future.

Bruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Outback
I put some GY DuraTracs on my Rubi suspended and Teraflex leveled Overland last week. Not huge ones as I wanted to stay with C rated. 275/65 R18 so a tiny bit taller an inch wider and 11 lbs. heavier. MPG is down probably .5 but ride and looks better. Needed to get something on more burly before the snow gets serious up here.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
I went with a 3.5 JKS lift and 35x12.50x17 Toyo AT2 tires on my Sport with 3.73 gears. My MPG went down from 19.5 or so to 17.5 or so. I’m in the same boat with using my JT as a commuter and errand runner. Had it almost a year and have put nearly 7500 miles on it. Highway drive to FL from North GA averaged 18MPG or so.

The gearing is the biggest difference. Before the tires and lift I held 8th pretty consistently. After, I am rarely in 8th. Yes, I reprogrammed the computer. I’ll be looking for 4.56 or 4.88 gears in the future.

4.56 would be perfect unless you plan on going to 37's then 4.88. 4.88's are a little too much for the 35's.

Phan7omk7

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
Looks awesome! So this is without a lift? Also, how do you like the hardshell? Would you recommend?
No lift at the moment, but will be getting a 3" lift as soon as I get the steering TSB done. I like my hard top but it starting to get cold in southern California and I might invest in an insulating headliner for the hard top.

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
No lift at the moment, but will be getting a 3" lift as soon as I get the steering TSB done. I like my hard top but it starting to get cold in southern California and I might invest in an insulating headliner for the hard top.
Agreed man. Starting to get chilly out here and if your car sits outside, might be a little better with the other option

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant

Which shocks did you go with ?

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Which shocks did you go with ?
J-Spec

I like them. Some folks complain of them being too stiff, but I enjoy how they ride. They (along with the coils) firmed up the ride and control body roll/bounce much better than the factory suspension. Never ridden in a Jeep with the Fox shocks and JKS suspension, so I’m not sure if I am missing out on anything. It’s better than stock, so I’m happy!

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
J-Spec

I like them. Some folks complain of them being too stiff, but I enjoy how they ride. They (along with the coils) firmed up the ride and control body roll/bounce much better than the factory suspension. Never ridden in a Jeep with the Fox shocks and JKS suspension, so I’m not sure if I am missing out on anything. It’s better than stock, so I’m happy!
Thanks for the quick response. Love the way your JT looks.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Six months ago I got a Mopar lift and 35-inch Generals on my JL Sahara. I finally got a chance to try it out on a moderate trail last weekend: I am very impressed.

This Mopar lift is a LOT better than that offered on JKs. I was able to sustain 30 MPH on rutted logging roads very comfortably, which I was never able to do with my JKs. And the ability to go over medium sized rocks and logs rivals that of my lifted 2018 JKUR Recon.

The Mopar 2-inch lift netted me 3+ inches in lift. It is well worth the money IMO.
Jeep Gladiator Overland: Mopar lift and mud tire impact? 1624317334993

Jeep Gladiator Overland: Mopar lift and mud tire impact? 1624317575747

Jeep Gladiator Overland: Mopar lift and mud tire impact? 1624317871247

Jeep Gladiator Overland: Mopar lift and mud tire impact? 1624317459109
Sponsored

Last edited: