Sponsored

P0545 - Service Electronic Throttle Control

First Name
Mike
Joined
Dec 20, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
13
Reaction score
9
Location
Brentwood, CA
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Diesel, 2015 Corvette Z06, Turbo Slingshot
Has anyone had this show up on your rig followed by the dreaded lightning bolt? Code pulled P0545. After some digging I’ll check the harness above the EGR to make sure it’s not damaged. My Warranty expires in 2 weeks so I’ll be bringing her to the dealership if needed.
Thanks in advance for any insight anyone might have.
Jeep Gladiator P0545 - Service Electronic Throttle Control IMG_1988
Sponsored

 

RandyP111

Active Member
First Name
Lance
Joined
Nov 12, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
29
Reaction score
37
Location
82009
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired USAF WSO, Law Enforcement Retired
Has anyone had this show up on your rig followed by the dreaded lightning bolt? Code pulled P0545. After some digging I’ll check the harness above the EGR to make sure it’s not damaged. My Warranty expires in 2 weeks so I’ll be bringing her to the dealership if needed.
Thanks in advance for any insight anyone might have.
IMG_1988.jpeg
Has anyone had this show up on your rig followed by the dreaded lightning bolt? Code pulled P0545. After some digging I’ll check the harness above the EGR to make sure it’s not damaged. My Warranty expires in 2 weeks so I’ll be bringing her to the dealership if needed.
Thanks in advance for any insight anyone might have.
IMG_1988.jpeg
You are looking in the right place.
 

Maximus Gladius

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kevin
Joined
Jan 30, 2021
Threads
75
Messages
2,943
Reaction score
3,772
Location
Calgary, AB, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2023 JTR
Have you done any servicing on the throttle body, removed it, cleaned the butterfly etc? Can your diagnostic tool clear the code?
 
OP
OP
ItsMichaelMann
First Name
Mike
Joined
Dec 20, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
13
Reaction score
9
Location
Brentwood, CA
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Diesel, 2015 Corvette Z06, Turbo Slingshot
Have you done any servicing on the throttle body, removed it, cleaned the butterfly etc? Can your diagnostic tool clear the code?
I cleared the code twice and it quickly came back. I ended up dropping it off at the dealership today. They diagnosed it as the exhaust temp sensor and is calling for a cab removal to install the new sensor.
 

Rusty PW

Well-Known Member
First Name
Russ
Joined
Jan 10, 2022
Threads
38
Messages
12,137
Reaction score
32,369
Location
Fayette Nam, Pennsyltucky
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I cleared the code twice and it quickly came back. I ended up dropping it off at the dealership today. They diagnosed it as the exhaust temp sensor and is calling for a cab removal to install the new sensor.
When you get it back. Check your body mount bolts. Those things like to break when people try to remove them for slider installs.
 

Sponsored

CrazyCooter

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Nov 1, 2020
Threads
12
Messages
2,380
Reaction score
2,650
Location
Far NorCal
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
I had that code and the service throttle message combuned with the dpf codes when my dpf had a crack in it.

Crazy the cab has to be lifted?
 

Maximus Gladius

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kevin
Joined
Jan 30, 2021
Threads
75
Messages
2,943
Reaction score
3,772
Location
Calgary, AB, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2023 JTR
I cleared the code twice and it quickly came back. I ended up dropping it off at the dealership today. They diagnosed it as the exhaust temp sensor and is calling for a cab removal to install the new sensor.
Exactly where is this sensor located? Hope they get it done right the first time.
 
OP
OP
ItsMichaelMann
First Name
Mike
Joined
Dec 20, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
13
Reaction score
9
Location
Brentwood, CA
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Diesel, 2015 Corvette Z06, Turbo Slingshot
My guess is up near the EGR. Hopefully they can tidy up the rest of the wires that are prone to heat failure while the cab is off.
 
OP
OP
ItsMichaelMann
First Name
Mike
Joined
Dec 20, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
13
Reaction score
9
Location
Brentwood, CA
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Diesel, 2015 Corvette Z06, Turbo Slingshot
I had that code and the service throttle message combuned with the dpf codes when my dpf had a crack in it.

Crazy the cab has to be lifted?
Thanks for your insight. I’ll look in this. Yes cab off they said.
 

Sponsored

Tlicious556

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 1, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
48
Reaction score
18
Location
CT
Vehicle(s)
ecodiesel soon
I picked up a 21 with 17.6k on it and after about 80 miles I'm getting the check throttle control message along with traction control code.

i checked my computer connection near the batt, few other connections that I saw to check via google, cleared the codes via scanner then went for a test drive.

Seemed fine then it came back.

Before I picked it up they had it at the dealer for a dpf temp sensor but not this.
What else do I need to look at?
 
 







Top