OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Writer, Sole Proprietor, Marketing Lead, Quality Assurance.
Just installed this on my 2023. Ordered the same parts from the original post in this thread. Everything works as advertised.

One rookie mistake. I put the passenger door back together and saw a glow inside the door through one of the bolt holes. I thought to myself, "That's curious. I wouldn't expect Jeep to have a light inside the door panel." Nope, it was my cell phone flashlight sitting where I left it INSIDE the darn door. Big Doh!!!! Haha.

Thanks for all the posts.
Glad it worked well for you, I always do a tool/item check, I myself have been known to leave a tool or item in the wrong spot, would've been funny when it started ringing later. Congrats on the successful install. :like:
Sponsored

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
Soooo...want to do this mod...is it worth buying the $345 Mopar Kit for driver and passenger or just the driver side which is about $100 cheaper? Did you find the passenger side mod worth it?

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Soooo...want to do this mod...is it worth buying the $345 Mopar Kit for driver and passenger or just the driver side?
For me it is an absolute must, I'm sure to some perhaps not but my previous vehicles had this option so I missed it greatly and it works superbly well once you have it installed. I would do it again 100% first mod if I was to do another build, just my opinion though.

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
For me it is an absolute must, I'm sure to some perhaps not but my previous vehicles had this option so I missed it greatly and it works superbly well once you have it installed. I would do it again 100% first mod if I was to do another build, just my opinion though.
Did you do both sides or just the one side?

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did you do both sides or just the one side?
Both, as both sides come with the kit. The first side might take you 20-30min but trust me, the second door goes in half the time once you know what you're doing.

Sponsored

Angry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
I just did my driver’s side yesterday (just under $200 for parts). I saw no need to do the passenger side. Our other cars have this feature and I never use it to open the passenger door.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
And it's nice because when my wife and I are out together in my truck, she can walk up to it on the passenger side and get in before I even get to the truck. (she sometimes carries the second fob with her - and I carry the second fob to her JLU when I'm out shopping with her for the same reason)

I've also used it to open the passenger door when I'm out myself, maybe getting a few things and want to toss them in the right front seat and I'm approaching the vehicle from the right side in the parking lot. No need to go to the left, unlock, and put stuff in the back seat.
It's convenient as heck - and when I traded my 2020 in the sales guy was really happy I had added it to the vehicle - the whole thing, and got the sales code added as well. He commented specifically on that when we talked later. Apparently people look for that feature and he was glad I had added it.
So, even if I'm by myself with the truck, I like to have that on the right side as well. There's been times I wanted to go to the truck and just grab something out of the glove box. I didn't have to walk around to the left side to unlock it. I opened the right door, got the stuff out of the glove box, closed and locked the door and never even saw the left side of the truck.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The first side might take you 20-30min but trust me, the second door goes in half the time once you know what you're doing.
Exactly.

SeanTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Before I install anything if I run JScan and the adaptations are there for AP1, AP2, etc. Does this mean I have the correct sales option to install this?
202 Gladiator Sport by the way.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Before I install anything if I run JScan and the adaptations are there for AP1, AP2, etc. Does this mean I have the correct sales option to install this?
202 Gladiator Sport by the way.
No, you don't have the sales code/option.
Those are there anyway for other purposes. The passive entry simply rides on those.
You can install the passive entry harnesses and handles, then you have to use JSCAN to tell it that it has passive entry. It's not going to just work without using software to put those settings in place.
Those mean the hardware is there to make it work (as long as the dash harness has the wires necessary - check the discussion on that)

Sponsored

SeanTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
No, you don't have the sales code/option.
Those are there anyway for other purposes. The passive entry simply rides on those.
You can install the passive entry harnesses and handles, then you have to use JSCAN to tell it that it has passive entry. It's not going to just work without using software to put those settings in place.
Those mean the hardware is there to make it work (as long as the dash harness has the wires necessary - check the discussion on that)
I'm aware that the harness and handles are needed. Just wasn't sure if every JT can accept this upgrade and was seeing if that particular option shows up under JScan then it has what I need from the factory to do this.

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm aware that the harness and handles are needed. Just wasn't sure if every JT can accept this upgrade and was seeing if that particular option shows up under JScan then it has what I need from the factory to do this.
You need to check my original post and make sure the correct pins are in the factory harnesses to install the kit, I got lucky with my max tow sport s and they were.

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sweet. Thanks NeatFreq.
no problem, if you need any further assistance feel free to PM me or tag me. It's still one of my top 3 mods I've done and I wouldn't have a vehicle without it.

dmoney72

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Family Law Paralegal
You're very welcome. As a prerequisite, unplug your door harness at the bottom A pillar and see if you have wires 15 & 16, picture as shown. If you do, then it should be all plug and play, just like mine.

JT_JL_passive_entry_connector_check.jpg
Looking for some insight. I have a 21 sport and tonight I tried to take pics of wiring harness. It looks like I only have pin 16 so I would need adapter. I've researched and can't seem to find any info on that. Even Mopar online doesn't list any type of adapter.
Sponsored