Sponsored

"Perfect" Redarc Brake Controller knob install, almost.

duvinclunk

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
I didn’t take any pictures. Only takes a few seconds for you to pop the panel to see what is needed to trim though.
I got it all apart tonight and there seems to be a lot back there. I’m not sure how you managed to squeeze it in and what you had to cut but it seems like that whole area is a collection of snap points for the body panels in the area. I couldn’t figure out what could be minimally cut there without removing plastic that the trim clips into.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I did the same thing as here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ler-install-location.34519/page-3#post-654601

Or are you asking about the controller (not the knob)? My controller is just attached to a piece of 1/8" flat stock. It has to be mounted horizontally - when mounted vertically, the trim interferes with it.
No need to trim the back of the trim panel when mounted this way. The aluminum angle reinforces the mounting flange on the controller.

Jeep Gladiator "Perfect" Redarc Brake Controller knob install, almost. 13-20200915_114640_HDR

This was to get things lined up - before I added the aluminum piece to help support it and reinforce the screw holes in the controller mounting flange -

Jeep Gladiator "Perfect" Redarc Brake Controller knob install, almost. 11-20200915_111801

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT-Sport S, 2021 JT-Sport S
I got it all apart tonight and there seems to be a lot back there. I’m not sure how you managed to squeeze it in and what you had to cut but it seems like that whole area is a collection of snap points for the body panels in the area. I couldn’t figure out what could be minimally cut there without removing plastic that the trim clips into.
I just took a multitool and quick cut out a spot. I took a tab out but that was no big deal to me.
Sponsored