First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
How do you like the Stinger radio? I am considering upgrading from my Uconnect 7.
So far so good, I also had the 7" and don't miss it one bit 😁. Nice to have the Offroad Pages now as well.

Fkinz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions 67237FD4-4A37-4F42-8814-E41C2DC6EF15
Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions 63061650-F78E-4462-8B81-D92DAB55DAE5
Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions 9F2A1090-CBC9-4583-93F1-DB1F71FAB6DB

67d mount, 3-d printed MagSafe holder, CarPlay2Air. Still a work in progress as I plan to run the cord through the dash.

zach471

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I got it installed (took about 10 minutes) and it is CLEAN as a whistle. With the CarPlay2Air I don't have to plug my phone in, and it works every time. Great addition.

Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions {filename}

zach471

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I went with the leatherseats.com wireless charging armrest which I use with the car2play wireless adapter connected in the center console. Nice and clean.

I agree, this is a great solution. As an aside, do you have the dongle plugged in the dash or in the console? My connection in the dash is rock solid, but the port in the console gives me constant drop outs and reconnects.

EDIT: I see where you say you've got it plugged in the console. Not sure why mine doesn't seem to work there, but it sure would be nice if it did! Much cleaner.

Sponsored

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
I agree, this is a great solution. As an aside, do you have the dongle plugged in the dash or in the console? My connection in the dash is rock solid, but the port in the console gives me constant drop outs and reconnects.

EDIT: I see where you say you've got it plugged in the console. Not sure why mine doesn't seem to work there, but it sure would be nice if it did! Much cleaner.
You can choose which plug works for CarPlay in the settings menu on the screen.

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
I installed the Vector bar with a 67D phone mount on the left and a Tackform phone mount on the right.
Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions 82925CA0-D41A-4096-9476-AF841A0B3B30
Tackform was new to me but they have been rock solid. Looks as good or better than 67D. I had an issue where I purchased the wrong length arms for the rear dock, and they had me order the new arms and sent me a prepaid label to ship back the wrong arms for full credit. Their customer service has been spot on.

DiverDaddy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max Tow
Occupation
Electronics Tech
Bulletproof phone mount driver-side, and bulletproof tablet holder passenger side, nice and sturdy!!

Sponsored

rctoyguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions IMG_6383

Installed the bulletproof mount a week or two ago - love it except for one thing.. The spring on the mount is so stiff, if you try to put the phone in single-handed, it moves the entire arm to the right. I have clamped down the adjustment as tight as it will go.. Now looking for a good replacement (just for the phone holder - will keep the arm and where it mounts in the tray). Thought I'd want a mag mount, but I do use wireless charging at home so I guess that's out..... alternatives?

Is https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-PD4-238AU the right sized ball? Don't know what i think of the Ram x-mount.. Just want a single-handed phone in/out.

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions IMG_6383

Installed the bulletproof mount a week or two ago - love it except for one thing.. The spring on the mount is so stiff, if you try to put the phone in single-handed, it moves the entire arm to the right. I have clamped down the adjustment as tight as it will go.. Now looking for a good replacement (just for the phone holder - will keep the arm and where it mounts in the tray). Thought I'd want a mag mount, but I do use wireless charging at home so I guess that's out..... alternatives?

Is https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-PD4-238AU the right sized ball? Don't know what i think of the Ram x-mount.. Just want a single-handed phone in/out.
They are all like that. It just needs to break in. Also you need to really crank the handle so that the arm doesn’t move.

rctoyguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Has anyone mixed/matches pieces from different manufacturers before? Considering just returning the BulletProof (although it was a gift, so that might complicate things) and going with a full solution from someone else.

lobelsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Gator
Getting a Nato Charge mount because I do not want to lose a vent or have hot/cold air blowing on my phone. iphone 12 pro max. Currently using car2play and plug in to charger when needed.
Getting qi charger mount just makes it one less thing to think about. Nato XL works great with phone in peel case.

rctoyguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
The bulletproof ball is 20mm - so I guess I can't put a ram mount (1" ball) on the bulletproof arm. Bulletproof's magnetic mount looks like it would disable wireless charging when at home.... sooooo - might need to just start over from scratch if I don't want to wait for this one to break in.
Sponsored