First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
everyone has answered already but it’s because of the awkward height of the Jeep. It’s not low, not high. Not high enough to really use the steps if you have them. I had the same issue with my Colorado due to the same reasons.
Sponsored

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Exact same thing happened to my driver seat. Dealer replaced the cushion under warranty. I noticed it as early as around 7k miles and got it replaced just before I hit 20k miles.
Wow, they replaced your seat because of that? So its covered under the 3yr 36k mile warranty?

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Happened on my Cherokee. Dealer replaced the leather and cushion under warranty as it happened at 15k miles. I blame my generous haunches.

Sponsored

CG32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow
Occupation
Audio visual production sales
my passenger side was like that right off the lot. I didn’t notice it until I got home because, well, I never sit in the passenger seat. I was going to get it fixed when I went in for the steering box replacement, and had honestly forgotten about it till I saw this thread. Added to my “to do” list

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
The cure for this wear on the seats is roll bar installed grab handles. When exiting, use the grab handle to lift your weight off of the seat while you shift over towards the outside, until you are only halfway on the seat. Now you should be able reach the ground with the outside foot without stressing the seat.

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
I have the same thing, had it since 20k miles aswell. After 70k it still looks the same and doesn’t seem like the fabric is wearing out.

But ill personally be looking into new seat covers. I just can’t seem to find an answer on if putting in neoprene cover over your existing fabric makes the seat heaters less effective… Or if it doesn’t change the feel of the heaters at all.

This new jeep has all these fancy gadgets and I’ve grown accustomed to my winter toasty buns.
I have diver downs neoprene and the seat heaters still work good. Not as good but 90% as good

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
The cure for this wear on the seats is roll bar installed grab handles. When exiting, use the grab handle to lift your weight off of the seat while you shift over towards the outside, until you are only halfway on the seat. Now you should be able reach the ground with the outside foot without stressing the seat.
If only there was a forum member that made custom paracord grab handles… :idea:

Jeep Gladiator Premature wear on side of drivers seat F3BD3DFF-9D7F-4E3C-B76C-78EA6915C688

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
It's the way you enter and exit the vehicle, not the seat.

You're wearing the bolster down every time you slide in and out.

I step on my sliders so that I can plop or raise my ample a$$ into or out of the seat.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Hmmm……. I installed Bartact seat covers right out of the gate. No wear at all. Funny that the right hip of my jeans are getting thin 🤣. Those are some tough as nails covers!
Sponsored