Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2005 F250 Diesel
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
This topic is great and has given me some much needed info. If one were to replace the premium speakers in the dash and sound bar and in turn have those amped, has anyone seen the 8.4 head unit throw an error or have an output issue? I cant recall where but I saw something of that affect.

I know I would need to get output from the head unit to the amps, etc..via a adapter I presume.

This would be the first car I would replace all components and amp on such an integrated head unit.

The last car I did was an old Sync system on a 2001 Mustang GT and simply just pulled everything out and installed new. (back in the 2006 or so)
Use a PAC APA-CH41 R2 to go from factory stereo to 5 volt RCA output, then to amps. All my stuff is waiting in my garage to put in.
Sponsored

rbryant76

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon
Use a PAC APA-CH41 R2 to go from factory stereo to 5 volt RCA output, then to amps. All my stuff is waiting in my garage to put in.
Ok that seems like that will do the trick. Appreciate it. I plan on perhaps doing this as a winter project as the JT isn't my daily driver.

OP
OP
JSPEED

JSPEED

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2018 Renegade Limited, 2015 Camaro ZL1
Occupation
Owner @ Ideal Garage and Jerry's Speed Shop
Vehicle Showcase

NJKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I disconnected the factory subwoofer and turned the radio on. The radio worked fine so we plugged the subwoofer back in and it started working. I don't feel removing the factory sub will affect anything so i removed it. Got the Kicker HS10 mounted with some left over brackets i had laying around in the shop. Now i'm just deciding where i want to run the power wire. I'm probably going to remove the passenger seat and interior panels and run it along the passenger side where i can exit underneath the floor mat with the wires from my electric steps.

20200331_115720.jpg
JSpeed, did you take a picture with the trim reinstalled after the HS10 install?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JSPEED

JSPEED

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
JSpeed, did you take a picture with the trim reinstalled after the HS10 install?
if you mean after the install was done? It all looks factory, the big factory plastic back panel covers the HS10

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2016 Wrangler JK, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
Ok, I’m going for a powered Kicker HS8 to complement the premium sub. Would like to tie the speaker signal wire into the stock sub and keep the stock sub running too.

Any wiring advice or additional pictures would be appreciated. New sub on order from Crutchfield.

OP
OP
JSPEED

JSPEED

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I’m going for a powered Kicker HS8 to complement the premium sub. Would like to tie the speaker signal wire into the stock sub and keep the stock sub running too.

Any wiring advice or additional pictures would be appreciated. New sub on order from Crutchfield.
Just tap into those orange wires i listed above you'll see in one of those pics.
It should be pretty simple install.

Reactions: RSK

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just tap into those orange wires i listed above you'll see in one of those pics.
It should be pretty simple install.
Ok I think I’ve got it now, signal speaker connection comes from splicing/tapping the new sub into the orange wires on the stock sub. Thx!

Instead of routing the new sub power wire through the firewall to the battery, is it possible to connect to one of the 4 AUX switches in the cab? I found this wiring chart below on the forum. But I thought the 4 AUX switch connect/terminating power wires where located near the battery under the hood. If the wires are in the cab like it says below in the chart, could I connect power there and not go to the battery in the engine compartment at all for power?

Or it be better to just wire power to the pink/orange ignition wire inside the cab in the chart below?

Just trying to avoid going to engine battery directly if there is an easier way. Any expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Jeep Gladiator Premium subwoofer upgrade. 2A1684BA-90A6-4AE5-B0B5-84DD30FC7AAD

Last edited:
OP
OP
JSPEED

JSPEED

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
the wires for the AUX switches are right along side the battery so you have to run the wires to the battery anyway. i wouldn't waste an aux switch for that.

Sponsored

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
the wires for the AUX switches are right along side the battery so you have to run the wires to the battery anyway. i wouldn't waste an aux switch for that.
Ok, so I’m hearing the best advice is to go through the firewall straight to the battery with the sub power wire. If so, would the opening that the Aux wires go through the firewall be the best location or is there a better location?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
JSPEED

JSPEED

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so I’m hearing the best advice is to go through the firewall straight to the battery with the sub power wire. If so, would the opening that the Aux wires go through the firewall be the best location or is there a better location?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
you are better off going through the floor like i did and running the power cable under the truck. in my opinion it's the best way to do it. just go back in through this thread and the pics will show you.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
you are better off going through the floor like i did and running the power cable under the truck. in my opinion it's the best way to do it. just go back in through this thread and the pics will show you.
My sub is under my passenger seat & this is what I did. Through the plug thats already there up the frame & then up to the battery. Easy 5 minute job.

I used the alpine kit so this is what was instructed for it.

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My sub is under my passenger seat & this is what I did. Through the plug thats already there up the frame & then up to the battery. Easy 5 minute job.

I used the alpine kit so this is what was instructed for it.
Very good, thanks guys!