Sponsored

Programmer vs programmer ???

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
I agree, I would have been a lot happier with a response like “Since you were one of the people that bought the very first programmers and had faith in us when not one review or comment could be found online yet lets just replace yours so you dont end up in limp mode in a 20” snow storm”

If I had known Jeep would have finally been smart enough to make a stripped sport with a max tow packedge option I would have bought that and done a hemi conversion and there would have been no need for a programmer for extra power. Thats if it even really delivers extra power considering it does not even run on higher octane and not one gear head I have talked to can figure out you get 30 ponies with simply software and no charger or turbo.
Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I agree, I would have been a lot happier with a response like “Since you were one of the people that bought the very first programmers and had faith in us when not one review or comment could be found online yet lets just replace yours so you dont end up in limp mode in a 20” snow storm”

If I had known Jeep would have finally been smart enough to make a stripped sport with a max tow packedge option I would have bought that and done a hemi conversion and there would have been no need for a programmer for extra power. Thats if it even really delivers extra power considering it does not even run on higher octane and not one gear head I have talked to can figure out you get 30 ponies with simply software and no charger or turbo.
The ponies don't come until very high/late in the power band, same with the increases in torque. The tunes do have a "seat of your pants" feel though. You can select stock, economy and tow regardless of octane and can only use performance tune with 91 and above, but as you toggle between the tunes, there is a noticeable "jump" in something. It could just be throttle response/feel? but it is noticeable. Way more so than my Bullydog tuner that I had on my 2012 Pentastar Rubicon. I noticed a little hill climb performance gain from my Gibson exhaust, but the most value from the tuner is the mpg gain. I can get 20.5-21+ mpg at 65-70 mph highway trips. Before the tune, I was at 18-19. I needed to reprogram for larger tires anyway, and that justified the extra $ for the tuner vs just a programmer.

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
Edge pushes to add their throttle response programmer also. I think the Pulsar is enough of an investment. Do you agree?

I have never had a throttle response tuner so not really sure what they do.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Edge pushes to add their throttle response programmer also. I think the Pulsar is enough of an investment. Do you agree?

I have never had a throttle response tuner so not really sure what they do.
I wouldn't buy anything else but the Pulsar unless you want in cab display. if you do, buy the Pulsar/Trailcal combo.

OP
OP

ATXGLADIATOR2020

First Name
BRYAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR
Don’t buy this. Please. Mine had left me stranded 3x. They updated mine after the 1st. They sent me a new one after the 2nd. Now they won’t refund me. And other are having this problem. Please save yourself

Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@cgflyer are u still having issues with ur pulsar? Has it smoothed out?
none lately, but it's always been something that happens, clears and then stays away for 5,000-7,000 miles or so.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
none lately, but it's always been something that happens, clears and then stays away for 5,000-7,000 miles or so.
Thanks, guess I'll give it a lil more time, hopefully they'll update them. Unless something better shows

Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So I have not had any CEL or limp mode for at least 6 months, but in the last day or two I noticed rough idle and hesitation and stuttering...no idea if it is the Pulsar, but it seems to run better in the Stock tune than the Pulsar added tunes. I did install a throttle body spacer and new high flow air filter (not CAI) about 3 weeks ago, but the hesitation and stuttering only started a couple of days ago, and I seem to have reduced throttle response. I just got off the phone with Edge/Superchips and it was another great experience with their customer service. I am trading in my Pulsar for the Traildash2. It offers 6 or 7 tunes over the Pulsar's 3 and is OBDII plug in (after PCM swap) which will be much more convenient for dealership visits. And the Traildash2 is updatable via USB without having to bring the computer to your Jeep like the Pulsar. I did ask if there were updates available for the Pulsar, but you have to have a OBDII to USB cable (I have one) and they weren't actually sure if there was an update. The Traildash2 provides a lot of other features that I like too. I'm not 100% sold on their products, but I am happy with their customer service. They gave me 25% off on the Traildash2 over the phone simply on my word I would return the Pulsar to them. I was probably going to buy the Traildash2 regardless, so I was pretty happy with the savings they offered on it.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anybody else offering a tuner, so Superchips is the only option if you want a tune, but the Traildash2 offers Stock, Tow, Crawl, Economy and Performance 93, 91, and 87 tunes...I know that the HP/TQ gains are way outside the usable RPM range, but if I keep my 19+ mpg with the economy or 87 performance tunes, I will be happy.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I have not had any CEL or limp mode for at least 6 months, but in the last day or two I noticed rough idle and hesitation and stuttering...no idea if it is the Pulsar, but it seems to run better in the Stock tune than the Pulsar added tunes. I did install a throttle body spacer and new high flow air filter (not CAI) about 3 weeks ago, but the hesitation and stuttering only started a couple of days ago, and I seem to have reduced throttle response. I just got off the phone with Edge/Superchips and it was another great experience with their customer service. I am trading in my Pulsar for the Traildash2. It offers 6 or 7 tunes over the Pulsar's 3 and is OBDII plug in (after PCM swap) which will be much more convenient for dealership visits. And the Traildash2 is updatable via USB without having to bring the computer to your Jeep like the Pulsar. I did ask if there were updates available for the Pulsar, but you have to have a OBDII to USB cable (I have one) and they weren't actually sure if there was an update. The Traildash2 provides a lot of other features that I like too. I'm not 100% sold on their products, but I am happy with their customer service. They gave me 25% off on the Traildash2 over the phone simply on my word I would return the Pulsar to them. I was probably going to buy the Traildash2 regardless, so I was pretty happy with the savings they offered on it.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anybody else offering a tuner, so Superchips is the only option if you want a tune, but the Traildash2 offers Stock, Tow, Crawl, Economy and Performance 93, 91, and 87 tunes...I know that the HP/TQ gains are way outside the usable RPM range, but if I keep my 19+ mpg with the economy or 87 performance tunes, I will be happy.
Just saw this post, guess I didn't have this thread watched. Now you really have me interested in the trail dash 2. I know that with optioned cables/hardware, u can control up to 8 (i think) accessories/lights. This would save me on buying the jeep aux switches. Please continue to keep posted, unless u have a separate thread for trail dash.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well, I ha
Just saw this post, guess I didn't have this thread watched. Now you really have me interested in the trail dash 2. I know that with optioned cables/hardware, u can control up to 8 (i think) accessories/lights. This would save me on buying the jeep aux switches. Please continue to keep posted, unless u have a separate thread for trail dash.
[/QUOTE
well, I just returned my TD2 for a refund and am back to the Pulsar. The TD2 had issues, CEL’s, rough idle, exhaust noise and a few other things. They gave me a refund and sent me another Pulsar. The new Pulsars are using a new mother board that they said is more stable. I may add a TrailCal later, but also looking at a couple new head units that offer some TD2/TrailCal features

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I ha

well, I just returned my TD2 for a refund and am back to the Pulsar. The TD2 had issues, CEL’s, rough idle, exhaust noise and a few other things. They gave me a refund and sent me another Pulsar. The new Pulsars are using a new mother board that they said is more stable. I may add a TrailCal later, but also looking at a couple new head units that offer some TD2/TrailCal features
Ah I see. Bummer on td2. Which head units u looking at?

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
these companies really piss me off. You cant tell me you tested any of this shit before you charged hundreds of dollars and kicked them out to the door to people.

@cgflyer please Keep us posted on how the new board pulsar ends up working out.

RE above: The power comes from the fact the 3.6 was detuned for the wrangler application. Remember the GC and Charger versions of this motor have higher outputs and bigger intakes.
Sponsored