First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
The followers of the EcoDiesel section of the forum have been musing about when we might get our diesels in our driveways. I figured this new thread would be a way those of us who have ordered ours can compare notes on the progress of building and delivering them. My loaded JT Rubicon EcoDiesel (but no factory bedliner) was ordered on July 3, but something got screwed up and the dealer reordered on July 10. We got a VIN on July 14. I called the Jeep Cares line today. The customer service rep I spoke to said the Jeep is "scheduled" and when it is "scheduled" that means it should be built within 30 days. She said she was not authorized to provide any additional information, like status codes. When I use the search by VIN feature found in the threads in the tracking section of the forum, it comes back "not found." If it shows up on the tracking sites and I get a status code, I will update. So, what are others hearing?
Sponsored

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
Ordered 7/16/20. Awaiting VIN.
Also heard that they need to clear out a back log of 2020s before starting 2021s. No idea on time frame for any of it but the guesses were "around Labor Day."
Fingers crossed.
Any news on Diesel spec mopar lift?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone have an official start date of 2021s?

On the JL side there are some 2020 diesel orders waiting. One has been in Inspection for 24 days. His dealer said they heard because of a diesel issue. One of the employees at my dealer said he wouldn't be surprised if they built them and then parked them if it was a software problem waiting for an update. Said happened to his JL a year or two ago for the 2.0. Trying to get confirmation.

Crypto won't show a build found anywhere from when it starts the build until after it is sitting in your driveway. Sticker will be from a day or so after it is out of the door up to after in your driveway. It gets the data from the Jeep databases which are emphasized as a historical record and not accurate status source. Canadian orders may show a Found in the sticker field as soon as ordered but it is just the way theirs works. Build will eventually be found. And Canadians don't have Jeep Chat for status, just their dealer.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
There's not enough egr coolers for the recall so I would imagine there's not enough coolers to build new engines.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Ordered 7/16/20. Awaiting VIN.
Also heard that they need to clear out a back log of 2020s before starting 2021s. No idea on time frame for any of it but the guesses were "around Labor Day."
Fingers crossed.
Any news on Diesel spec mopar lift?
Somebody posted a link to the Mopar diesel lift kit on another thread a while back. I remember looking at it at the time. I went back to that link and got a 404 error. So who knows?

Apocalypz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Unlimited, 2021 JTR Diesel (Ordered 7/11/20)
Occupation
Operations
Ordered my diesel JT on 7/11. Dealer told me 2021 JL production starts August and 2021 JT production starts in September.

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I should have added initially that what Jeep has officially said is that the diesel Gladiator will be at the dealerships in the third quarter. I don’t know when they have to start building them to get them delivered by that time, but I still hope to have mine in my garage in September. I have a buyer for my LJ, so that means I will be Jeepless for at least a month. During hurricane season too. I will feel naked.

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
I placed my Diesel JT order 7/14 and just received a VIN with a shipping date of 8/27/20! That puts it in my driveway when??? a week later? 2 weeks?

Sponsored

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I placed my Diesel JT order 7/14 and just received a VIN with a shipping date of 8/27/20! That puts it in my driveway when??? a week later? 2 weeks?
Great news. Who gave you that info? Dealer? Jeep Chat? I want to see if I can get an update on mine with that level of detail.

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
Great news. Who gave you that info? Dealer? Jeep Chat? I want to see if I can get an update on mine with that level of detail.
I received the date from the Dealer when given my VIN #. I then went to Jeep Chat, here is what I learned from them:

Brenda (7/29/2020, 11:50:08 AM): I have checked and the current status information indicates that the parts have arrived for the build.
Me (7/29/2020, 11:51:32 AM): Ok, is there an order status code or anything like that??
Brenda (7/29/2020, 11:51:57 AM): Sorry James are not longer using the coding method James. We are providing what is currently happening with the order

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I received the date from the Dealer when given my VIN #. I then went to Jeep Chat, here is what I learned from them:

Brenda (7/29/2020, 11:50:08 AM): I have checked and the current status information indicates that the parts have arrived for the build.
Me (7/29/2020, 11:51:32 AM): Ok, is there an order status code or anything like that??
Brenda (7/29/2020, 11:51:57 AM): Sorry James are not longer using the coding method James. We are providing what is currently happening with the order
I think I chatted with her the other day. I got a similar answer when I asked about the code. I will check in with the dealer and see what he can find out.

riggsdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
My dad used to work for our local Jeep Dealer, so the guys there still let him check in the system. I'm getting an EcoDiesel Rubicon, pretty well loaded.

Nothing besides 4 door and Rubicon is showing in the Build Sheet Order Tracking on this forum.

Ordered 7/10. He said as of this morning, it's in D1 with a ship date of 8/27/20.

Funny, @WMWHV, also switching from my '04 LJ.

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
My dad used to work for our local Jeep Dealer, so the guys there still let him check in the system. I'm getting an EcoDiesel Rubicon, pretty well loaded.

Nothing besides 4 door and Rubicon is showing in the Build Sheet Order Tracking on this forum.

Ordered 7/10. He said as of this morning, it's in D1 with a ship date of 8/27/20.

Funny, @WMWHV, also switching from my '04 LJ.
I am not sure the tracking link on this forum works. I think the only reason you are getting what you are getting is that you provided that info when you first signed up. I am getting the same thing... Best I can tell, that think hasn’t had any new data in a long time.
Sponsored