Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I got my VIN July 20th

Going back over my texts with the dealer, he said he placed it on 7/9 and sent me the VIN/VON on 7/20. He just confirmed with me that my order went in before the dealership orders.
I got the build sheet Tuesday and yesterday, Jeep Chat told me it was built and awaiting final inspection and shipping. So, yours could be coming only a couple of days behind mine. I don't know how long it takes to build one, but I am figuring at least a few days, especially with paint spraying, drying and curing. So it looks like mine was well on the way to being built by the time I got the build sheet. Of course, that assumes that the info we are getting from Jeep Chat is correct.
Sponsored

enjin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTRD
Occupation
IT stuff
I'm just happy progress is being made -- but that doesn't make me less anxious to get my hands on a new jeep!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJ 4.0 turbo, 18 GC Trailhawk 3.6, 17 F150 Screw 3.5EB
Personally, I think the tow rating is perfect for the EcoDiesel Gladiator. I typically don't tow near max capacity anyway, so I didn't have any plans to tow more than 4,500 lbs with a mid-sized truck . My 1/2 ton truck is rated at 9,710 lbs for heavier loads. The Gladiator can tow my firewood trailer and small equipment trailer. My subcompact trailer with loader and backhoe only weighs 2,869 lbs, so I would be able to haul that to and from worksites, etc. Like I said, the Gladiator towing capacity exceeds my expectation.
My issue isnt the towing capacity but the payload capacity since almost 1/2 of the amount (400lbs of that) would be trailer tongue weight. Doesn't leave me with much left.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
Supposedly it's been in D1, and I got the incorrect delivery email with everyone else. However, I feel like if it was really in D1 then I would have gotten a build sheet...
Build sheet shows up after it clears JB status and moves into JS. Then when it goes from JS to KZ you will get your window sticker.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
My issue isnt the towing capacity but the payload capacity since almost 1/2 of the amount (400lbs of that) would be trailer tongue weight. Doesn't leave me with much left.
Yeah, I can see why it would be a disappointment, especially for those who were planning to maximize the truck's potential. You will want to install air bags from Timber Grove. They will be available really soon.

Sponsored

Myakka Hooker

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Pest Control, Fertilizer Spreader Manufacturer
Mine was ordered on July 10th but I was there on the 2nd so I guess the dealer isn't in much of a hurry. My question is When I just did jeep chat she said "I would imagine your order should move onto the line next week" is that just a generic answer everyone gets when your jeep hasn't been started? or is it possible to be somewhat close?

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Mine was ordered on July 10th but I was there on the 2nd so I guess the dealer isn't in much of a hurry. My question is When I just did jeep chat she said "I would imagine your order should move onto the line next week" is that just a generic answer everyone gets when your jeep hasn't been started? or is it possible to be somewhat close?
These questions have been asked and answered hundreds of times in the ordering threads the past year https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/forums/ordering-pricing-negotiating-tracking.14/

To answer, it is an update to where your build is that is standard for when you're in line. All the parts for your build are allocated, meaning nothing you ordered is "backlogged". So a week, two tops yours will be put together.

riggsdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
These questions have been asked and answered hundreds of times in the ordering threads the past year https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/forums/ordering-pricing-negotiating-tracking.14/

To answer, it is an update to where your build is that is standard for when you're in line. All the parts for your build are allocated, meaning nothing you ordered is "backlogged". So a week, two tops yours will be put together.
To be fair, those of us with EcoDiesels are a special case. We've been in D1 for well over a month now because they were waiting on the model year change and then the 3.0 production didn't start until last week. It's not like they asked "What does this button on my dash do?"

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
To be fair, those of us with EcoDiesels are a special case. We've been in D1 for well over a month now because they were waiting on the model year change and then the 3.0 production didn't start until last week. It's not like they asked "What does this button on my dash do?"
I was in D1 for two months waiting on my gasser...but that is besides the point. The question pertains to whether he got a generic answer or not. So the answer is "kind of". Build codes don't change for things like this. Wait period, sure I will agree that the wait period is different due to the model year, engine difference and such. But the codes don't change.

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Disappointing news today from the dealer. I am now in JS - Sent to Storage - with a new ship date of October 2. He says once it ships, it generally takes two weeks to get to the dealership. So I am still a month out from seeing mine. The two weeks in storage after all of this time is disappointing.

Sponsored

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Disappointing news today from the dealer. I am now in JS - Sent to Storage - with a new ship date of October 2. He says once it ships, it generally takes two weeks to get to the dealership. So I am still a month out from seeing mine. The two weeks in storage after all of this time is disappointing.
Now you guys/girls know what I've been saying all along! Getting it built is one thing, but getting it shipped to the dealer is a whole different time-lapse! My dealer said these vehicles can sit in a parking lot for 2 - 3 weeks before they get shipped! I'm in the wild west, so a vehicle can sit for another 2 weeks in a rail yard! Right now, there aren't enough transporters out here, so my truck sat in the railroad yard for two weeks in Utah.

Okie362

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport/2020 JLU/2021 JTRD (Hydro Blue)
Occupation
IT Management
Just got a text from the dealership. Mine moved to trim (G Status).

Edit: Ordered July 27th.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to read through it all but figured ill ask. Any of you have a Hyrdro Blue Diesel built or in the building process? I ordered mine July 11. Still in D Status.
Sponsored