Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit on Wrangler/Gladiator, someone figured it out (DIY writeup)

jtforrester

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Did you happen to purchase these recently? If so can I ask where? I've looked everywhere for these parts. "Back order with no ETA from Mopar".
Same here, I tried many sites and all had at least one of the parts on back order. I found one site that let me order all of the parts, but I received an email from them a couple hours later that they canceled my order because parts were on back order with unknown ship dates.
Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
Same here, I tried many sites and all had at least one of the parts on back order. I found one site that let me order all of the parts, but I received an email from them a couple hours later that they canceled my order because parts were on back order with unknown ship dates.
I bought mine in April because I could see these going out of stock after that thread breached 10+ pages (almost 60 now). There was someone posting in the JLwranglerforums with a set for sale (he works at a dealer I believe)

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired
I bought mine in April because I could see these going out of stock after that thread breached 10+ pages (almost 60 now). There was someone posting in the JLwranglerforums with a set for sale (he works at a dealer I believe)
it is the full JL set including tailgate not parts of it he said.

FrankW GOBI

First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self-Employed
JScan app is a programmer that is based off a smartphone, you will need a bypass cable and a wireless OBD2 dongle. You use that to tell the Jeep’s BCM what you have done to it ie. tire size, gear ratio, tire pressure, LED lights and many other things. See the Programmer forums here and over on the JL side for lots of info.

Gregj
What is a bypass cable used for and can I order one off of Amazon? Sorry new to all this.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired
What is a bypass cable used for and can I order one off of Amazon? Sorry new to all this.
The bypass cable bypasses the security module so Jscan can program the computer.

JeepRumbler

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S, 2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Hey I just installed mine today (driver's side only) and it works beautifully!!! I used the same parts quoted above (Door Handle 68307269AC, left door w/o BSM 68325454AE, Door Cap 68307272AD) I guess the pins were there in my Sport S already? No dealership required! You will need jscan though

I programmed 3 things in jscan under adaptation > passive entry settings
  1. AP1 Left Front antenna = Smart Switch
  2. Passive entry radio options = active
  3. Passive entry present = active
Yeah, my Sport S had the pins already as well!

wiredup60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 Audi R8, 2018 Land Rover LR4
All sites now say this for the wiring harness. Hopefully they release another version otherwise we are sol.:

This part is discontinued. It is no longer available for purchase.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
All sites now say this for the wiring harness. Hopefully they release another version otherwise we are sol.:

My guess is they have supersceded it with a new part number. You may need to get a dealer to check to see if they an follow the chain form the old number, or look it up in the catalog to get the new one.

Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
My guess is they have supersceded it with a new part number. You may need to get a dealer to check to see if they an follow the chain form the old number, or look it up in the catalog to get the new one.
@AllMoparParts.com is this something you can help with?

Previous parts:
left door w/o BSM: 68325454AE
left door w/BSM: 68299333AE

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
@AllMoparParts.com is this something you can help with?

Previous parts:
left door w/o BSM: 68325454AE
left door w/BSM: 68299333AE
Hi Brandon, These are both on backorder for about 2-3 weeks at this time. If you have any other questions aside from availability please let me know. Feel free to PM me

- Benny

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired

Do you mean 68325454AE is discontinued? It still shows available on several mopar sites just out of stock. Too bad you don't have a JL, my local parts department has a complete set of prox equipment in stock for sale.

wiredup60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 Audi R8, 2018 Land Rover LR4
Do you mean 68325454AE is discontinued? It still shows available on several mopar sites just out of stock. Too bad you don't have a JL, my local parts department has a complete set of prox equipment in stock for sale.
Yes, some sites are saying just backlogged, but others are saying discontinued.
Sponsored