Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit on Wrangler/Gladiator, someone figured it out (DIY writeup)

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
I ordered the parts from BAM. Yes , that is the parts for both doors and the tailgate. The doors are not bad to do and the tailgate is a snap.

Gregj
Sponsored

Mowat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I ordered the parts from BAM. Yes , that is the parts for both doors and the tailgate. The doors are not bad to do and the tailgate is a snap.

Gregj
when you say you used the jscan app what did you do. I'm reading up on the website but nothing jumps out at me that it knows how to enable this code.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JScan app is a programmer that is based off a smartphone, you will need a bypass cable and a wireless OBD2 dongle. You use that to tell the Jeep’s BCM what you have done to it ie. tire size, gear ratio, tire pressure, LED lights and many other things. See the Programmer forums here and over on the JL side for lots of info.

Gregj

Joebbaseball

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (Overland) 1995 Jeep Wrangler (Sahara)
Hi Greg,
Just wondering if you happen to have the part numbers needed for adding proximity to the tailgate. Joe

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Greg,
Just wondering if you happen to have the part numbers needed for adding proximity to the tailgate. Joe
Joe, that was a reference to adding Proximity to a JL, this is not available on a JT. I’m sure it could be done but definitely not plug and play! I may have to investigate it.
Gregj

Sponsored

Joebbaseball

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Joe, that was a reference to adding Proximity to a JL, this is not available on a JT. I’m sure it could be done but definitely not plug and play! I may have to investigate it.
Gregj
Oh! Sorry for the confusion. Thanks nonetheless. As well as for all the posts. Due to the fact that the cab is the same I'll be at least doing the front doors.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh! Sorry for the confusion. Thanks nonetheless. As well as for all the posts. Due to the fact that the cab is the same I'll be at least doing the front doors.
No problem! Do you have a Sport S or an Overland/Rubicon? The premium models are easy, just swap the door harness and handles and a quick program and done, the Sport S is a bit more work.

Gregj

Joebbaseball

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem! Do you have a Sport S or an Overland/Rubicon? The premium models are easy, just swap the door harness and handles and a quick program and done, the Sport S is a bit more work.

Gregj
I just purchased the Overland. My first DIY project was adding heated seats. Just finished. Was so happy I was able to do it. For a minute, until I turned the car on. Now I have a "have your airbags serviced" light on. Dammit!

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just purchased the Overland. My first DIY project was adding heated seats. Just finished. Was so happy I was able to do it. For a minute, until I turned the car on. Now I have a "have your airbags serviced" light on. Dammit!
Man that sucks! Check the pins in the seat connectors, I bent a pin in the passenger door connector which disabled the mirror adjusters on my Sport.

Gregj

Joebbaseball

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man that sucks! Check the pins in the seat connectors, I bent a pin in the passenger door connector which disabled the mirror adjusters on my Sport.

Gregj
Oh cool THANKS! I'll give that a shot. I should have asked before, I can't find a part number for the tailgate harness and handles. Any chance you know what they are?

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Tailgate on a JT is not setup for Proximity, that would be quite a project to add it. The parts for the doors are:
Door Handle x2 68307269AC
left door w/o BSM 68325454AE
Right door w/o BSM 6832461AE
Door Caps x2 68307272AD
With BSM the harnesses are
left 68299333AE
right 68299332AE
Gregj

Clark222

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator
The Tailgate on a JT is not setup for Proximity, that would be quite a project to add it. The parts for the doors are:
Door Handle x2 68307269AC
left door w/o BSM 68325454AE
Right door w/o BSM 6832461AE
Door Caps x2 68307272AD
With BSM the harnesses are
left 68299333AE
right 68299332AE
Gregj
I just ordered the parts. I was wondering how you handled splicing in the additional wires. Did you use the pins and go factory or did you cut in splice?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered the parts. I was wondering how you handled splicing in the additional wires. Did you use the pins and go factory or did you cut in splice?
I added pins to the factory connectors.

Gregj

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
Hey I just installed mine today (driver's side only) and it works beautifully!!! I used the same parts quoted above (Door Handle 68307269AC, left door w/o BSM 68325454AE, Door Cap 68307272AD) I guess the pins were there in my Sport S already? No dealership required! You will need jscan though

I programmed 3 things in jscan under adaptation > passive entry settings
  1. AP1 Left Front antenna = Smart Switch
  2. Passive entry radio options = active
  3. Passive entry present = active

Joebbaseball

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68307272AD
Did you happen to purchase these recently? If so can I ask where? I've looked everywhere for these parts. "Back order with no ETA from Mopar".
Sponsored