Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit on Wrangler/Gladiator, someone figured it out (DIY writeup)

roadkilltx

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Following. This was the one thing I promised the wife I could add to her sport s.
Sponsored

Joebbaseball

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (Overland) 1995 Jeep Wrangler (Sahara)
Hey I just installed mine today (driver's side only) and it works beautifully!!! I used the same parts quoted above (Door Handle 68307269AC, left door w/o BSM 68325454AE, Door Cap 68307272AD) I guess the pins were there in my Sport S already? No dealership required! You will need jscan though

I programmed 3 things in jscan under adaptation > passive entry settings
  1. AP1 Left Front antenna = Smart Switch
  2. Passive entry radio options = active
  3. Passive entry present = active
Thanks to this post as well as many others on this thread. Just finished adding this feature to the drivers side door. I really don't know wtf I'm doing and this forum really makes things quite easy. Thanks so much!

Clark222

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator
I just got mine working. It is fantastic this way! I ended up having to do each door three times so by the end I could do a door in about 10 minutes. I’ve got a couple tips:
1) don’t put the doorhandles on until you are ready to connect the wire. It is much easier to feed the wire through the handle hole and plug it in outside of the car.
2) if you get a lot of weird error messages after you installed a new cable it is most likely because you bent the pin where the wiring harness connects to the jeep (The same one you remove to remove your doors). I got errors that I couldn’t find the door, parking assist was not available even though it’s not on my car and a couple other strange messages. Straightening out the pins fix the problem.
3) my sport gladiator had the correct wiring and I did not need to add the jumpers that some of the wrangler owners did.

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I just got mine working. It is fantastic this way! I ended up having to do each door three times so by the end I could do a door in about 10 minutes. I’ve got a couple tips:
1) don’t put the doorhandles on until you are ready to connect the wire. It is much easier to feed the wire through the handle hole and plug it in outside of the car.
2) if you get a lot of weird error messages after you installed a new cable it is most likely because you bent the pin where the wiring harness connects to the jeep (The same one you remove to remove your doors). I got errors that I couldn’t find the door, parking assist was not available even though it’s not on my car and a couple other strange messages. Straightening out the pins fix the problem.
3) my sport gladiator had the correct wiring and I did not need to add the jumpers that some of the wrangler owners did.
I’m thinking I’ll do this one as soon as taser puts out an option to turn it on.

Sponsored

CKUCF

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Sport S w/ Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
I’m thinking I’ll do this one as soon as taser puts out an option to turn it on.
My thoughts exactly. I bought LED fenders and my dealership never could figure out how to flash the proper code. Ultimately bought a Tazer so I’m watching and waiting for that option.

bill.john

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
PM
So I went to the dealer yesterday looking for the parts. I knew they wouldn't have them, but wanted to see when they thought they might. October for the wire harness; the door handle and cap sooner. I've been out on BAM auto parts site too. They seem to have "alternative" part numbers that show available. Just wondering if anyone has looked into that before I pull the trigger with the dealer and start the waiting game. This doesn't jive with my overwhelming lack of patience. Thanks in advance.

And btw, thanks for all of the great info and legwork others have done to make this possible.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
Z Automotive put out yesterday that they have Proximity Lock Activation in the latest update. JScan has been doing it for months now.

Gregj

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey I just installed mine today (driver's side only) and it works beautifully!!! I used the same parts quoted above (Door Handle 68307269AC, left door w/o BSM 68325454AE, Door Cap 68307272AD) I guess the pins were there in my Sport S already? No dealership required! You will need jscan though

I programmed 3 things in jscan under adaptation > passive entry settings
  1. AP1 Left Front antenna = Smart Switch
  2. Passive entry radio options = active
  3. Passive entry present = active
What do you mean by “the pins were there in my Sport S already”? Does that mean we don’t need the wire harness 68325454AE or just that the door-to-cab pigtail is setup for it? Thanks!

Clark222

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator
What do you mean by “the pins were there in my Sport S already”? Does that mean we don’t need the wire harness 68325454AE or just that the door-to-cab pigtail is setup for it? Thanks!
You still need the wire that goes inside the door but you most likely don’t need to jumper the door connector.

Sponsored

thechildJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few follow up questions as I just went thru this thread and I am a "novice installer".

1. How do you know if your Sport S is equipped with the wiring that won't require a jumper?
2. Assuming you have the the non jumper wiring, do you only need the handle, cap & harness?
(I only plan on doing drivers side installation)
3. I have the Tazer, given as this just became available, has anyone tried this with Tazer?
4. What is with or without "BSM" when referring to?

TIA

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
a few follow up questions as I just went thru this thread and I am a "novice installer".

1. How do you know if your Sport S is equipped with the wiring that won't require a jumper?
2. Assuming you have the the non jumper wiring, do you only need the handle, cap & harness?
3. I have the Tazer, given as this just became available, has anyone tried this with Tazer?

TIA
1) look on the body side of the door connector for pins in the location in the photo.
Jeep Gladiator Proximity door locks retrofit on Wrangler/Gladiator, someone figured it out (DIY writeup) 04BA63F9-A491-419D-A226-9FA4028BBC0D

2)yes that should be all you need
3)so far there have been no reports of success with the Tazer but I don’t think they would put it out without testing it.
4)Blind Spot Monitoring.

HTH
Gregj

Clark222

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator

TIA
The BSM is the blind side mirror (I believe) and yes you need the other stuff.

thechildJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1) look on the body side of the door connector for pins in the location in the photo.
Jeep Gladiator Proximity door locks retrofit on Wrangler/Gladiator, someone figured it out (DIY writeup) 04BA63F9-A491-419D-A226-9FA4028BBC0D

2)yes that should be all you need
3)so far there have been no reports of success with the Tazer but I don’t think they would put it out without testing it.
4)Blind Spot Monitoring.

HTH
Gregj

thank you!!!

wiredup60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 Audi R8, 2018 Land Rover LR4
So I went to the dealer yesterday looking for the parts. I knew they wouldn't have them, but wanted to see when they thought they might. October for the wire harness; the door handle and cap sooner. I've been out on BAM auto parts site too. They seem to have "alternative" part numbers that show available. Just wondering if anyone has looked into that before I pull the trigger with the dealer and start the waiting game. This doesn't jive with my overwhelming lack of patience. Thanks in advance.

And btw, thanks for all of the great info and legwork others have done to make this possible.
I have tried ordering from a few different sites, and no luck so far. I am allowed to order, but then get stuck with "processing". That's with different #'s for the same part.
Sponsored