BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I live in TX...we put them back on again, lol. But I try and ride with them off as much as possible.
Sponsored

1OffCraz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I took my doors off 4th of July weekend, and just put them back on last week due to heavy storms. It feels really weird to drive with them back on. Claustrophobic almost after having them off for almost two months straight.

And wow did it have dust everywhere. Places I didn't even think possible... Places the sun don't shine!

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I'm enjoying it for now, but I know there's only so long before my wife demands access to the carport again. I need to look into the rain cover... or maybe just a walmart blue tarp and some bungees.

Several years ago we got into hammock camping and making our own gear... I might have to break out the tape measure and thread injector if I can't find anything in stock.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
I am starting to look for Tube Doors too. My wife had the same reaction this weekend to having the doors off for the first time.

73B5BD8C-3090-4A79-833B-5AC316A2646D.jpeg

07027C01-5E8A-4E79-945B-F19D6AD62E82.jpeg

EBFE42B3-6745-482D-8239-0E30A41EBBCA.jpeg
Do you mind sharing dimensions of that handy little cart? What size tube and etc? Thank you!

Sponsored

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
Haven't had the chance, yet. Gladiator not built yet.

I was wondering, though. Seems like a lot of folks who take the doors off regularly get tube doors.

Do you have them, and if not, do you feel safe driving around with just the seat belt on?
I feel ok with out the doors installed, my first jeep was a 74 CJ 5 that did not have doors. The belts and seats in my JT feel a lot more secure.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Do you mind sharing dimensions of that handy little cart? What size tube and etc? Thank you!
Will do. I am actually modifying it this weekend. I will post more pics with tape measure to show what I am doing. I did not like how the rear doors fit so I bought a few more elbows to shortens the “width” distance so the rear door sets better. The rear doors have a much shorter bottom segment length. I’ll get them up this weekend.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
Will do. I am actually modifying it this weekend. I will post more pics with tape measure to show what I am doing. I did not like how the rear doors fit so I bought a few more elbows to shortens the “width” distance so the rear door sets better. The rear doors have a much shorter bottom segment length. I’ll get them up this weekend.
Thank you!

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Thank you!
No problem. My other motivation is that my back ordered trail doors arrived. I need a place to store them (and praying weather is good this weekend - I can put them on). Like a kid in a candy store A top excited to see how they fit/look/work. The Mrs. is not a fan of going doorless... hoping the trail doors are a good compromise.

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland; 1980 CJ5 Golden Eagle
My doors haven’t been on in almost 4 months now. It was early May when I took them off and we have seen 20” plus of rain since then. Shoot, we had 13” in August alone. My old Rain Gear cover from my JKU is getting a lot of use!

Sponsored

Victory

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU, 2020 Gladiator Mojave
Apparently none of you that feel “insecure” with the doors off ride motorcycles? Haha!! Even with the doors off, I’m wrapped with 5000 pounds of steel around me. I feel plenty safe with no doors, but everyone is different. When it’s my time to go, it’s my time to go.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
So true. I walk past my doors and look at them with disgust. Like I paid for these things that I hate. I really wish the Jeep had had an option for soft doors only or some kind of hybrid like bestop core doors.
If Jeep made half doors like they used too I’d be on that like white on rice...

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
Apparently none of you that feel “insecure” with the doors off ride motorcycles? Haha!! Even with the doors off, I’m wrapped with 5000 pounds of steel around me. I feel plenty safe with no doors, but everyone is different. When it’s my time to go, it’s my time to go.
When folks ask why such an 'impractical' vehicle I tell them it's safer than a motorcycle and more useful than a boat.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Whats funny is some put tube doors on as tho that does anything other than add an object to go thru your rib cage.

I've used the motorcycle analogy many times too. Its fair and accurate. Its a Jeep...they're basically like motos with 4 wheels.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Whats funny is some put tube doors on as tho that does anything other than add an object to go thru your rib cage.

I've used the motorcycle analogy many times too. Its fair and accurate. Its a Jeep...they're basically like motos with 4 wheels.
I put tube doors on for the piece of mind when I take the kids out. I know it’s not going to help much in a crash, But when making right left Maneuvers at least I know they aren’t going to slide out.
Sponsored