First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Installed fire sprinklers (retired)
It's one of the most important options to me and it's the only reason I didn't order a 2022.
Options are my first choice, color is not important. The last four pickups I have bought have been white but were loaded with options.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Punk'n won't be available until next August.
Then it will be a 2024 and not a 2023. Or, it's coming this August 28th, which is what I'm thinking is more likely. I'll absolutely be trading my 2021 white ecodiesel in for a 23 punkn ecodiesel if true.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Then it will be a 2024 and not a 2023. Or, it's coming this August 28th, which is what I'm thinking is more likely. I'll absolutely be trading my 2021 white ecodiesel in for a 23 punkn ecodiesel if true.
Not necessarily. It depends on when ordering and production for the 2023 MY ends. Gecko wasn't available to order last year until mid July.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Not necessarily. It depends on when ordering and production for the 2023 MY ends. Gecko wasn't available to order last year until mid July.
Last year was certainly strange — we’ll see. I think they’re trying to get back to more normal production times thus why I doubted a calendar year 2023 as opposed to model year instead. Either way I just want Punk’n.

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Booo! If you want a new Punk'n JT you should have to invent a time machine and go back to when the holy PE4 was being applied. Bummer it won't be as exclusive anymore. It was almost exactly 3 years ago when order banks opened for it.

20190919_130116.jpg

Lush

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2020 Expedition Max
Vehicle Showcase
As a sucker for bright colors, considering my last truck was a solar flare yellow nissan titan, I am all for the High Velocity and Punk'n comebacks, but I can see how HV would be very, very love it or hate it. I personally love the neon yellow/green type colors, but I do also think that they serve better as accent colors rather than being the entire thing. The darker, more mustard color yellows work better as a primary vehicle color.

All of that said, my wife will probably NEVER let me get a brightly colored vehicle ever again, especially not yellow. She grew absolutely sick of seeing and driving the big yellow beast every day. I might be able to twist her arm for the Earl color, or some other shade of grey, black, or even blue or red, if I ever decide to trade in for a mojave or rubicon....

JoeInOh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Model 3 & 2022 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/paramedic
I haven't even picked up my gobi yet and I'm wanting Punk'n. How do I explain or justify two gladiators? 🤔

Sponsored

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
Options are my first choice, color is not important. The last four pickups I have bought have been white but were loaded with options.
When I have bought off the lot in the past, choice of color has always been secondary and I go in with just colors I won’t buy (personally my only two rules have been no white or red).
But a lot of us on the forum are going to do custom builds and thus there is no reason to compromise. It will be my first custom build, and I know I won’t settle on color, particularly with wanting to keep this vehicle around for quite some time.
If Earl is a delayed release, it will really piss me off, given I have literally waited around for that color for about a year and wanted to place an order right around now to have the JT before winter. I almost ordered a 2021 sting grey JT, but at the time decided to delay for a couple personal reasons.
I don’t know why, as I would have been happy with the sting grey, but thought of ordering one now is not appealing and then as soon as Earl would come out I would lose it.

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
I'd be far more inclined to believe everything if it wasn't for the mention of Punk'n coming back over a year from now on a very specific date. We can barely get info on what's happening in the next month as far as ordering goes and I'm supposed to believe that this information that's 13 months out is accurate? I really hope it's wrong and that Earl will be available to order sooner than January.

Edit: It also says "thanks to our dealer connections." Since when have the dealers known anything about production dates for specific colors? If that were the case, I think we'd have this information a lot sooner than what's posted on some rumor website. I could be wrong and this is all accurate, but I'm dubious about it.
So I wonder when we get the official press kit for the 2023 Gladiator from Stellantis. Their Wrangler one dropped about a month after Wrangler orders opened (https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsroom.do?id=4), and Gladiator order banks were about a month behind Wranglers. Odd as they have typical dropped both at the same time in the past.

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Rubicon
So I wonder when we get the official press kit for the 2023 Gladiator from Stellantis. Their Wrangler one dropped about a month after Wrangler orders opened (https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsroom.do?id=4), and Gladiator order banks were about a month behind Wranglers. Odd as they have typical dropped both at the same time in the past.
We'll see; if we have to wait a month then it could be another three weeks before we see something. I do find it odd that they specifically state that Earl replaces Snazzberry on the JL. So, I wonder why it wouldn't do the same on the JT. JT only has 8 colors available right now while JL has 11 (High Velocity, Earl, and Reign being the difference).
Sponsored