First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Defense Contractor
Could be Earl around 5:15. Looks like baby blue in this video. It's in the background. I'm really not liking...

Edit: may be custom color and not Earl.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PAKing

First Name
Peggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X6
Occupation
Retired
This should make some people pretty damn happy. High Velocity and Earl are also coming. Earl is going to be a limited run unlike being an all year color like on the Wrangler.

We Get A Sneak Peak At The Changes Coming For The 2023 Jeep® Gladiator

Link won't work. Article is on Mopar Insider.

Jeep® has already released details about much of its 2023 model year changes for its iconic Wrangler and popular Grand Cherokee lineups. But for the 2023 Jeep Gladiator (JT), the American adventure has been quiet about the changes it has lined up for its midsize pickup truck. But thanks to our dealer connections, we have learned a number of changes coming to the 2023 Gladiator lineup.

American Flag –

Taking cues from the 2023 Jeep Wrangler (JL), all 2023 Gladiator models will now feature the American flag on the Gladiator decal on each front fender. The detail will only be on the U.S. models (sorry international fans).

Colors –

When it comes to the 2023 color palette, the Gladiator will have three new exterior colors for the new model year. As part of the core color lineup, High-Velocity Yellow (PJF) will replace the popular Snazzberry (PRV) paint.

There will also be two limited colors throughout the year. The first is the new Earl (PGP), a color that is available throughout the entire year on Wrangler. Earl will be launched on January 2nd, 2023, so there will be a while to wait for Gladiator fans. The other limited edition color will be the return of the famed Punk’n. Punk’n fans, you will have to wait a full year as the color is scheduled to return to the lineup on August 28th, 2023.

Trim Changes –

Gladiator Sport & Sport S (Manual)
– three packages (23B), (24B), & (23S) will now have the Overland’s front bumper with accent color (MBA) as standard equipment for 2023.

Gladiator Sport S (2TS) – the (2TS) package will no longer have standard body-color fender flares (MM3). Body-color fenders will be optional in the Convenience Group (ADC) for 2TS. Manual MAX payload will also have an increase of 10 lbs. to 1,710 lbs.

Willys (2TW) – Willys (2TW) package will now feature a standard technology package (AAN) to include Proximity Keyless Entry, Remote Start, Garage Door Opener, and 7-inch TFT screen.

Freedom (2TF) – We have discussed the new limited edition Sport S-based Freedom model in an earlier post. We have learned that the Freedom model will be built from September to November 2022, with only 2,000 models planned for production. The package features Black aluminum wheels (WFP), premium LED lighting (AGA), steel front bumper (MC6), steel rear bumper (MD6), rock rails (MEF), American flag decals (MVF), Oscar Mike badge (MG9), Leather with trimmed cloth bucket seats (*LL), and Black fender decals (MPQ).

High Altitude Capability Package (ACP) for (2TN) – A new package (ACP) is now available on High Altitude (2TN) for 2023. It includes a steel front bumper (MC6), rock rails (XGS), front off-road camera (XNY), and painted rear bumper (MBC).

American Jeep dealers are now able to order 2023 Gladiator models, with production scheduled to start on Monday, September 5th, 2022.
I saw this on Edmunds. https://www.edmunds.com/jeep/gladiator/2023/

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Note at the bottom of the article basically states they pulled it out of their ass from last years info. Not really a review and typical crappy internet journalism of copying and pasting.

[Editor's note: The following information is based on last year's Gladiator. We expect the 2023 model will have a similar lineup and we'll update this section once we have complete information.]

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
I stopped in a local high volume cross-brand ChryCo dealer yesterday to see what was out there based on the info from this thread.

2023's can be ordered (we know that) but nothing the sales guy could find out about other than the basic colors, no availability of the Freedom Package in the system, and generally lackluster product knowledge, as expected of your typical Jeeplantis dealer. So far, as of yesterday not a thing mentioned in this thread is out there.

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
I stopped in a local high volume cross-brand ChryCo dealer yesterday to see what was out there based on the info from this thread.

2023's can be ordered (we know that) but nothing the sales guy could find out about other than the basic colors, no availability of the Freedom Package in the system, and generally lackluster product knowledge, as expected of your typical Jeeplantis dealer. So far, as of yesterday not a thing mentioned in this thread is out there.
Yep. Expectation is that there will be a bit of a lag time for the Gladiator to get any extra clarity, probably another couple weeks. The wrangler is one month ahead based on order opening date to when Jeep released the actual model year overview press release and the Freedom package still isn't available there either.

I think this is somewhat intentional and the initial build sheets with just carryovers allows the dealers to get in some orders for bread and butter builds for their lot while jeep tries to figure out actual demand for the new options on the wrangler first and then fit the gladiator in with the leftover capacity.

Sponsored

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
All of which makes perfect sense... except the Freedom Package stuff given the rumors from the first post. If it is only being built Sept-Nov, then ordering one now would put me in the mix for that range. All things being equal, I'd order today if I could get Sport S, Freedom Package, Max Tow, Aux switch group, and a hard top.

If I take delivery of it this calendar year I get to take advantage of the tax break. If we're looking at a three month build timeline, the latest I can order is end of August. If not, I'll wait until next year but this year's taxes could really use the help!

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Seems like when the new monthly order guide comes out (August) it will have a few extra things in it and what is actually available at that time. The Freedom trim and specialty colors will or in some cases will not appear in one of the monthly updates and be available to order.

Mitoni

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Developer
I'm a little bummed on no reign, but might go for punk'n. I missed out on being able to order a punk'n JT in 2020 by 2 weeks, and by the only ones in the lot within 500 miles of me was for more options than I wanted, I settled for my granite crystal.

I really hope they are wrong on those dates though. A whole year to wait before punk'n can be ordered? That's ridiculous.

Mitoni

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Developer
Yep. Expectation is that there will be a bit of a lag time for the Gladiator to get any extra clarity, probably another couple weeks. The wrangler is one month ahead based on order opening date to when Jeep released the actual model year overview press release and the Freedom package still isn't available there either.

I think this is somewhat intentional and the initial build sheets with just carryovers allows the dealers to get in some orders for bread and butter builds for their lot while jeep tries to figure out actual demand for the new options on the wrangler first and then fit the gladiator in with the leftover capacity.
The dealer won't know until the website has updated, at least that's my guess. Mine told me as much when I asked about color and feature availability for 2023.
Sponsored