Sponsored

Really want a Gladiator but having trouble taking the plunge - help me do it!

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
My soft top Gladiator is the quietest vehicle we own with the tops on.

I SUCK at parking, I really suck at it. My wife makes fun of me all the time.

I do struggle with the Gladiator vs the other vehicles we own (did I mention I suck at parking), but its better than any full size trucks I have owned.
When I had a Ram 2500 Mega Cab it was down right embarrassing.
Sponsored

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
... huh? Couple questions come up, like how heavy is this dog, dog?
Hahaha!
It's a Archery 3d target. Coyote.
Weight maybe 7lbs.
I do competitive Archery shoots and that is one of my practice targets.
Kids named him Wile E Coyote.

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Mustangs and F-150.s all my life ... Sold both for this truck and I love it ... Take the plunge 🍻

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Jeeps are skinnier than full-size trucks and have smaller doors. Headliners are easy way to reduce cabin noise. However, if the other person is on speaker on their end, it can make being heard a challenge.

Sponsored

jo.jacques

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Willys - Sting Grey
1123130.jpg

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
I'll take an alternate opinion here and go with

don't do it.

It sounds to me like you're trying to talk yourself into making it work for you.

I understand people drive trucks in cities everyday. Good for them. I wouldn't even consider it. Sure the JT is much more manageable than some supersize truck but a 10 year old sedan will beat it all day everyday for your concerns. How about a brand new midsize 4 door toyota sedan? Or its cali... get a vw passat

Now I'll contradict myself. Get it because its what you want. Just know it will be an inconvenience to you probably daily.

I'll parrot, don't even consider a manual.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
San FRANcisco? I was in SanFran a few years ago with a few friends. At the time I had a Prius V. Great car for the City. Fairly small but big enough to fit four adults. Small enough to fit any tight parking spots. With automatic and no fear of rolling back into the car behind me on a hill. Great car right? One problem I hated driving it!
The Gadiator drives nice and has a great stereo system. I can actually enjoy the radio while going down the road no matter the speed. Has good leg room front and back. More nimble then the average full size half ton truck.
I installed a small lift so getting in and out is a problem for most of the aged population.
I live in an area that has more open area, plenty of parking and has off roading in close proximity so the Gradiator works well for me and I do really enjoy driving the 4wheel drive truck.
You'll have to figure out what works best for you. If I were strictly driving in and around San Francisco I would get a Mini Cooper. Let us know what you end up with. Good Luck!

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
The brand and model projects confidence and capability - should make a good impression on your clients. Headliner and sound proofing can cut down on the noise, but it's really not a problem for conversation (windows up, doors and top on of course).

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
My gladiator is within a couple inches as long as my Suburban so yeah parking may be an issue.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Just get it and put a little Hybrid sticker on it, most people there won’t know the difference anyway. 😂😂 JK, get one, you will love it. This coming from a guy that has been in Tacos for the last 27 years. 👊🏻

MikeLowry968

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator sport
Hey big city (SF) take the doors, roof, and clients inhibitions off and smile yo! SssssssSoooolllllllldddd!!!!!

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I spent the last 17 years driving F250s & E350 vans. Parking is a breeze, noise in the cab is not bad.

justin.ksig

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I was on the fence about buying a Jeep Gladiator or a Toyota Tacoma. It is my daily driver.

Jeep = 218" long
Toyota= up to 225.5"

Noise is going to be relative to your setup...you running 37" mud terrain tires in a soft top Gladiator...your gonna need earplugs on the highway. At the same time, I have a hard top and run dueler a/t revo3's and don't notice it compared to other trucks.

when it came down to deciding on what truck to get, the fact that you can customize the hell out of your Jeep Gladiator and take the roof off won me over...even if a Tacoma might have been more practical.

if you buy a hardtop Gladiator, with all terrain tires, you will enjoy both the on road driving experience and light off road fun.
Sponsored