Rear Axel Locker Light

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I got the dreaded real axel locker light coming on randomly. At the same time, I was having an issue with the rear backup camera. I took it to the dealer and the tech is saying that there is oil in the sensor connector for the rear differential. Instead of changing the entire sensor as I have seen here and the other forum, they are only replacing the housing.

However, they can't get any parts due to strike and they are advising me not to drive the truck as the short due to oil can cause other electrical damage.

They are not offering rental or loaner car either. I am not sure what my options are at this point.

@JeepCares
What do you suggest I do. I need a vehicle and cant have the truck sitting at the dealer until the strike is settled and parts are available.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I think if you pulled fuse F40 and disconnected the rear locker connector and bagged it with a zip tie to keep the elements out, you would still have a drivable vehicle but will have error messages for the locker.

Attachments

Mojave20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
I got the dreaded real axel locker light coming on randomly. At the same time, I was having an issue with the rear backup camera. I took it to the dealer and the tech is saying that there is oil in the sensor connector for the rear differential. Instead of changing the entire sensor as I have seen here and the other forum, they are only replacing the housing.

However, they can't get any parts due to strike and they are advising me not to drive the truck as the short due to oil can cause other electrical damage.

They are not offering rental or loaner car either. I am not sure what my options are at this point.

@JeepCares
What do you suggest I do. I need a vehicle and cant have the truck sitting at the dealer until the strike is settled and parts are available.
I had to drive mine around a couple of weeks until dealer got parts in when it went and the axle was full time locked. I believe it was fuse F40, look on your fuse box cover for axle lock. I pulled this fuse and was able to drive it until parts arrived. Itā€™ll trigger some fault lights on your dash while itā€™s pulled but I was willing to deal with those so I could still drive the truck. I chose this over unplugging the sensor from the housing.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

@JeepCares
Thank you for tagging us and we are sorry to hear of your concerns. Feel free to send our team a private message with more details, and we can dig in.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Same rear axle light problem for me as well. The part took weeks to show up, drove it as normal until it did. Itā€™s my daily Had no issues.

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I had both issues (leaking diff fluid from the harness and blue screen while in reverse). I took mine to the dealership and they took care of it immediately.

I was still under warranty but I was waiting for them to push back bc Iā€™m running 35s. But they replaced everything w/o issue.

Turns out both are known issues and they *should* replace them w/o issue.

Trollboogie

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Mine is out of warranty. I did the Zautomotive fix. No more light and works just like it should.

OP
OP
rezar1

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Both repairs are covered under warranty and they have already confirmed it. It's just matter of getting the parts. They don't have a ETA on that due to the strikes which also has impacted the warehouse that the parts comes from

OP
OP
rezar1

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Purchased the Z Locker OEM and tried to install it but I cant plug in the truck's sensor wire into z locker female connector. Is the wire for 22 different than others? Reached out to Z Automotive but haven't heard back yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rezar1

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I heard back from Z Auto and it appears that some sensor bypass connectors went out with the mold not being filed down. So you can use razor blade to file it down and it would fit.