Sponsored

Rear Spring popping out of its perch at full droop-Clayton 3.5inch Overland Plus with 35inch tires

JTeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT EcoDiesel Rubicon
Hello! Just to clarify, this isn't an issue with the lift or springs, it's actually a problem we were made aware of by shock manufacturers due to certain shocks allowing for too much up-travel and allowing coils to come unseated. Falcon recommends stepping down to their 2-3" shocks even with a 3.5" lift on the Gladiators, and now actually sells a spring retainer kit as well to help remedy the issue. Limiting straps are also an easy fix to the problem and work great!
Thank You! will send a PM
Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Sorry for the late response! You've probably already had your Jeep done but I thought I would comment on M.I.T.. I've had good e periences with MIT. I had an 84 CJ5 that they worked on and now my Gladiator. I have no complaints, they are very competent and customer oriented. I would definitely recommend this shop. I hope everything worked out well and again I apologize for the late response. I never got alerted to your post for some reason.
84’ CJ 5??? Was there t a leftover 83’ because I believe that was last model year built.

OP
OP
GrayBeard59

GrayBeard59

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S max tow
Occupation
Semi-Retired; Realtor
84’ CJ 5??? Was there t a leftover 83’ because I believe that was last model year built.
You know you're right it was an 82 cj5, I know it was an even year in the eighties. It had an AMC20 rear end and Dana 30 front diff, a Dana 300Tcase and a T15 manual trans.. My memory ain't what it used to be, thank you for pointing that out.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
You know you're right it was an 82 cj5, I know it was an even year in the eighties. It had an AMC20 rear end and Dana 30 front diff, a Dana 300Tcase and a T15 manual trans.. My memory ain't what it used to be, thank you for pointing that out.
Lol…it’s all good. My memory is the same but when I read that my head did the dogs head twisty thing…lol
Sponsored