Sponsored

Rear TPMS receivers (not getting signal)

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone else had problems with the rear TPMS senders not being picked up? Ever since I went with my 37s and 2" lift I now can't get a reading from the rear. I did get new OEM TPMS units...and all 4 do work. Verified by local tire shop. The rear never picked up so I rotated front to rear. Now the old rears get picked up at front and the old fronts do not get picked up in the rear. I thought I read somewhere with the added lift/tires the TPMS can be flakey because of the added distance. Does anyone know where the rear TPMS receivers are? Might be as simple as relocating them a bit closer.
Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
Has anyone else had problems with the rear TPMS senders not being picked up? Ever since I went with my 37s and 2" lift I now can't get a reading from the rear. I did get new OEM TPMS units...and all 4 do work. Verified by local tire shop. The rear never picked up so I rotated front to rear. Now the old rears get picked up at front and the old fronts do not get picked up in the rear. I thought I read somewhere with the added lift/tires the TPMS can be flakey because of the added distance. Does anyone know where the rear TPMS receivers are? Might be as simple as relocating them a bit closer.
If you were getting signal from the fronts before rotation and are still getting the signal at the fronts after rotation the signal may be the same tires, but it canā€™t tell what the position is. Try lowering the pressure in one of the tires that you think is reading and see if it picks up the change. Then rotate it to see if the new tire gets picked up.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Are you sure you got the right sensors? My aftermarket rims had sensors in them that worked on the JK. looked them up and they are listed for the JK/JL/JT (same frequency) but the rears were being flaky. Took two days to read the right rear and never did the Left rear. Guessing the receiver is in the electrical box by the battery. Seen another thread on here where they listed the actual mopar part number for the Gladiator sensors. Many will read on same frequency but only one is listed for the JT with tire fill alert. Bought four of those and they picked up within 1/2 mile. Search ā€œTPMS sensorā€ on the forum and Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find the thread with the correct mopar part number.

OP
OP
jrf

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure you got the right sensors? My aftermarket rims had sensors in them that worked on the JK. looked them up and they are listed for the JK/JL/JT (same frequency) but the rears were being flaky. Took two days to read the right rear and never did the Left rear.
At this point I'm going to go with your answer based on what I've found so far. The beadlocks aren't exactly quick or easy to swap the sensors on. Might just turn off the TPMS system for now until these tires wear down. Thanks guys. Helpful info.

patracy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2021 JT EcoDiesel, 05 Liberty CRD, 93 YJ
Occupation
Button clicker
Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same problem.

Sponsored

PresidentGod

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Army AGR
Thread revival here. Put mopar 2ā€ lift on and 35x10.5r17 Kendas on stock spare wheels. Left rear receiver seems to have given up. Swapped in two separate wheels thinking the sensor may have crapped out. These are brand new mopar sensors from the dealer in brand new mopar wheels with the same measurements and offset as factory. I doubt two sensors are bad.

Has anyone found resolution to the receiver not picking the sensor up?

PresidentGod

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Army AGR
@PresidentGod

Could be that one sensor is asleep... yes, seriously...

Is, the current thought by most TPMS retailers/vendors, that IF you have one or more sensors (especially a new sensor(s) not reading on a say a JL/JLU/JT, you deflate all tires to 12# below the recommended tire pressure, driver's side door sticker that tells you recommended tire psi. Now, after they are deflated you drive say a half mile. Now, you inflate to to +- 1# psi, of the recommended psi on the driver's side door sticker and go for a mile drive.. This scenario/routine is suppose to wake up the sensors, so to speak and get them reading...

Another point for your knowledge base:
The other thing with Jeeps and if you are having a problem take off the spare. If the spare was in rotation etc then it will screw up the readings. Once you have the 4 wheels on the ground set, then you can put the spare back on and it will eventually go to sleep.
Thanks for the help! This is my first new vehicle and my first experience with fancy sensors to tell me about my tire pressure. I wouldnā€™t care, but I hate dash lights!

Beastmaster

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, 1943 Willys MB and a Ural M70 mototcycle
Wow, perfect timing on this thread šŸ‘

I have after market tires and wheels and the TPMS have been working great, however . . .
I picked up a big ol' wood screw in my left rear a couple of days ago and decided to put on the spare until I can get it fixed, just in case. Yesterday I found that it was not reading and my troubleshooting lead me to this thread. Like other folks here, this is my first new vehicle in quite some time and the Wrangler I used to own didn't have them.

I see that the valve stem is slightly different so now I see that like the stock rims, my spare doesn't have TPMS. That's a pretty dumb design for a vehicle with a full sized spare. So, is this plug and play? As I am reading here, it looks like all I need to do is buy one, install it and the sensors will pick it up, is that correct?

OEM 2020 Jeep Gladiator TPMS Sensors - AllMoparParts.com

Jeep Gladiator Rear TPMS receivers (not getting signal) 1612184612184

Beastmaster

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, 1943 Willys MB and a Ural M70 mototcycle
@Beastmaster

Read over what I posted earlier.. I gave lots of detail in those posts. Yes, it that easy...

I caution you though about where you buy your TPMS from.

Lots of old stock with bad batteries, counterfeits, etc...

Do buy from a proven/known to have good product, vendor that will be there if you have issues with the purchased TPMS.

Suggest you go to https://www.tpmsbargains.com for your TPMS purchase...

A JL Wrangler, forum member who owns/runs this online TPMS shop. Lots of support from him if you were to have ? or have an issue.. He backs the stuff he sells.

You can be sure you will not get old stock or counterfeits from him... His prices are very decent!

Thank you for the reply Pepe. Yes I read your posts, they're a terrific help, thanks for the info, I was just wanting to clarify a couple of things to make sure I was reading it all correctly and had things right in my head before going forward. I'm a pretty seasoned shade tree mechanic but as I mentioned, it's been a while since I've bought a new vehicle, especially one with all the fancy do-dads this one has.

Thanks again.

PresidentGod

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Army AGR
@PresidentGod

About the spare tire on a JT.. It does not have a TPMS sensor...
Herein was my problem. I assumed my spare had a TPMS sensor in it. I had my final tire mounted to my spare wheel and it balanced out with very little weight so I used it (Iā€™m running five mopar steel wheels all identical to the spare) in the front left position. The Gladiator read it as being in the left rear position for some reason.
@PresidentGod
Yes, your JT knows exactly which rim is where, usually within seconds of a tire rotation for example. Yes, It's all done automatically.
This makes things even more complicated.
o Before I moved wheels around my right front tire showed as reading at 50psi.
o I lowered pressure in the left rear (that I thought wasnā€™t reading) to 15psi and verified that my right front was at 36.
o The truck then registered that my right front tire was at 16psi, still no reading from left rear (true reading of 15psi)
So today I moved the left rear tire to the right front position where the truck thought it was, moved the tire that I had in the spare location to the left rear location (that was reading as missing a sensor), moved the (sensorless) left front tire into the spare location, and moved the tire that was in the right front position into the left front position (50/50 shot at getting this right).
Result after a short drive (3 miles) is that my TPMS light is off and I know that at least two of my tires are in the correct positions.

Any idea why my JT is reading positions wrong? Do I need to get the tpms reset tool so I can do tire rotations or did the factory put my sensors in the wrong locations?

Sponsored

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
Having this issue now. New DirtyLife DT-2 wheels with 35s and new OEM TPMS sensors installed. The truck won't register the rears at all, only the fronts. Swapped back to front and same thing so sensors are good. I tried airing them down to 20 psi, driving around, then came back and aired them to 40 psi and drove around with ignition cycles. Still won't pick up a reading from the rears. Any other tips? the wheels are 17x9 with 4.5 BS, so they do poke out of the fender a little bit.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I have a similar issue. Picked up my Rubi on Tuesday, figured the dealer either left my tires at 42psi or set them that way. TPMS shows 42 (sometimes 43 or 41 depending on temps) all the way around. I went to deflate to 37, so I checked with my own tire pressure gauge and it showed 37/38 all the way around. Not sure how to get TPMS to read correctly. Gauge is a Boulder Tools model.
Sponsored