Sponsored

Beastmaster

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, 1943 Willys MB and a Ural M70 mototcycle
Well, I went ahead and sprang for the Diabolical box and figured I'd post my thoughts. Even though I bought it for myself on Father's day, I didn't have the free time to install it until this past weekend.

I really like it and it looks quite sturdy but the folks at Diabolical sure cut some corners to save a few cents. To begin with, it came with absolutely no instructions, only a single page parts diagram so I think I put it together correctly. Sure, it is a straight-up simple design but it would be nice for even a simple step by step guide to suggest what goes together first, etc. One other thing that would have been nice would new bolts for attaching it to the floor, you have to reuse the ones that held the plastic box down.

Other than that, it looks great
Jeep Gladiator Rear Under Seat Security Storage : By Diabolical Inc. 1625623114734

I like the way it is split so you can open one side or the other and it is split 1/3 - 2/3 like the seats.
Jeep Gladiator Rear Under Seat Security Storage : By Diabolical Inc. 1625623227452

One design flaw that I have to come up with a solution for is the way the small lid comes forward. When opened all the way, it scrapes the side of the cup holder. Not sure if you can see in the pic but over time I can see the lid making scratch marks in the area of the red circle.
I may put a tab on the side of the holder so it won't be able to go down any further.
Jeep Gladiator Rear Under Seat Security Storage : By Diabolical Inc. 1625623347898
Sponsored

Last edited:

curtdennis

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
For those not familiar with Diabolical Inc in the JL Line of Security Enclosures, well....here's the Gladiator Security Enclosure. I should have more specifics tomorrow, but let us know if you have any questions.

Jeep Gladiator Rear Under Seat Security Storage : By Diabolical Inc. 1625623347898

Jeep Gladiator Rear Under Seat Security Storage : By Diabolical Inc. Noice

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
I think Diabolical should address the cup holder scraping issue here, not just post another ad.
^ this
Thanks for those who tested it out, but you would think scratching part of the truck would be something that would have been known in the design phase

RoamingJT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
Man, you guys are a rough crowd! I said i "should" be back, not I "Would"....slight difference! There are a lot of factors we are considering, and feedback is the most important. We are wanting to stay south of $700, and likely in the $599-$649 Range with good probability of initial product discounts.

As I said, we are are listening to feedback to build the best system out there. Moving the hinges inward and proving a divider are great. Just bare with us as we quickly work to bring you the best solution for your Gladiator.

Any update on a design with the hinges moved to the opposite side?

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
The only thing I can see is this is definitely not a security enclosure. Material is to thin. Hinges are on the outside. Locks aren't super secure. I know that anything is defeatable. But the pins on the hinges look like they can be driven out. Wait did I just see this thing bolts together? Coming from a sheet metal, fabrication background. Y'all can do better than this. Especially for the price point. IMO.

DukeJeep

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Toyota FJ

kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Nice product. Way too expensive for me to but that though. Good luck with it, at 600$ or so not sure many people will pull the trigger in that.

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation