First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I was thinking the same thing. I wonderer if that would kill the price point that this box needs to be at? How much extra would most buyers be willing to pay for key matching locks?
With the quotes I have been looking at and talking with some companies, the lock would cost as much as the box :(
Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Looks awesome Do you have interior dimensions? I am in the mock up phase of a dual battery setup. Also have you thought about having cut outs or knockouts for the floor drain plugs for wiring?

20201014_160915.jpg
Dimensions of the box floor are approx 44x9.5. The entire bottom will be MOLLE grid so should be plenty of holes to run wiring. The prototype does not show the MOLLE holes due to cost reduction since it is an early prototype. The rendering below shows what the final box will look like.

render3.png

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Another vote for one with NO holes.

Worried about dirt & other stuff getting in there.
Plus stuff like screw drivers working there way out of the holes and causing a accident.

But if with holes in the only option I will order one.
Yes, for now. I'll wait and see how the sales / opinions go for a solid box in the future. I would suggest any small items be in some sort of bag inside the "box". It is technically not a box since it is only 3 sides. I started to make a bolt-on back side also, but it then limits the area of space. With having the back open some items could sit wider than the box under the seat and still be protected with the seats down.

Katch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Green olive Rubicon, Walker Bay RIB and a couple Aprilias
How about including three strips of thin black plastic to weave through the molle holes in the front? That would cover the holes to hide the contents. I am definately interested and will pay as soon as available. I am driving to Florida in December, and would like to bring something bigger than a handgun ;-)

Steve

Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
How about including three strips of thin black plastic to weave through the molle holes in the front? That would cover the holes to hide the contents. I am definately interested and will pay as soon as available. I am driving to Florida in December, and would like to bring something bigger than a handgun ;-)

Steve
Sounds like a cool idea. I will keep it for future possible mods. I am waiting on the final CNC bent prototype to make sure all is good. It was supposed to ship out today sometime, so I should have it first of next week to test it out.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
I love the idea. Definitely watching :)
Thanks! Keep an eye out here or on the Facebook groups, I will be giving some updates. I will have a full functioning powder coated prototype next week sometime.

JetSkiJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2011 Ford Crown Vic (work car), 2020 Mojave Gladiator as of 10-24-20.
Occupation
Retired LE
I am going to wait until a Metal After Market Box comes out this way I can store my Special Things that need better securing then currently inside a Plastic Box with cheap lock.

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
Thanks! Keep an eye out here or on the Facebook groups, I will be giving some updates. I will have a full functioning powder coated prototype next week sometime.
Don’t forget the non-coated version for those of us who like our custom power coating colors :)

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Hey Guys, this is something I have been working on and will have into production very soon. I will have bolt-down gun caddies available. Final product will be black texture powder coat.

Jeep Gladiator Rear under seat storage box render3

shut up and take my money

briandmiles

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 JTR ecodiesel, GMC Yukon XL Denali
Would love an update on this product.

Brian

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I may have found a new underseat lock box for great price but not sure if they have used their key in it yet or not or if it can be keyed to my truck key. At the price I may just have to get it and see if it can be rekeyed or something to work with my key
Sponsored