First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS
Flipping mine upside down made a big difference. I think it raised it like an inch higher.
Sponsored

Broccoli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
The fact that these useless pieces of trash even exist in the first place really chaps my hide. WTF are they even for? Looking behind you? Move forward! Donā€™t live in the past! Absolute garbage. The inventorā€™s entire bloodline should be scrubbed from existence. šŸ˜šŸ„°

PaulW

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21JKUR
Just twist the mount post and the whole thing comes off. If I remember correctly CCW? Takes about 2 seconds.
Then you and use that empty place for a GPS or radio or what ever. There are vendors that sell mounts to go in place of the mirror. Do a search to find.
With my big tires that thing is worthless anyway

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
Brings to mind the line from Cannon Ball Run, " What's behind me is not important".

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
I find the RVM very useful for periodically checking to see if any demons or other assorted a$$holes have wandered into my back seat while Iā€™m driving. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Jeep Gladiator Rear View Mirror Delete ? IMG_1269

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Steelglad

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Lab Technician
And here I thought only high school girls used that mirror. Like I said, I have towed and driven enough large vehicles to never even use it. Anybody that RELIES on it clearly has never driven commercial rigs. Between the small rear windows headrests etc, you cannot get a full safe view of what is behind you. But hey, go ahead and keep your makeup mirror handy ladies!

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
And here I thought only high school girls used that mirror. Like I said, I have towed and driven enough large vehicles to never even use it. Anybody that RELIES on it clearly has never driven commercial rigs. Between the small rear windows headrests etc, you cannot get a full safe view of what is behind you. But hey, go ahead and keep your makeup mirror handy ladies!
I didnā€™t realize mirrors made you feel so insecure. None of us are attacking your manhood. You donā€™t need to ā€œproveā€ yourself to us. Relax my friend.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I had no idea a rear view mirror was so bad...
It's not but if you apply the Multiverse Theory, there is going to be that one that will find fault with it.

GoolsbyMD77

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Military
The easiest way to remove it is to do the following:
Ensure top, windows, doors etc are installed and air tight. Run a hose from your exhaust pipe to the inside cab of the gladiator and use the heat from the hose to release the glue from the windshield. It might take a few minutes, but try to relax and take deep breathes. Soon that mirror will be out of sight and out of mind.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not even remotely angry, just dialing in MY ride MY way, but I thank you for your highly intelligent addition to the convo. Enjoy!
Check your state laws first........... some REQUIRE it and you can be ticketed if they get picky.

I believe it is required in several states. I would check my local laws before doing such a thing.

Varooom
Yes, it is.

There are exceptions for loaded trucks, box trucks, etc. but last I read, it must at least be present.

I agree - so much anger over a mirror, explains a few things I see on the roads these days.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's not but if you apply the Multiverse Theory, there is going to be that one that will find fault with it.
Add to that the strings of time that exist that provide that a person has gotten upset over the mirror, and on another string has yet to do so, in yet another string, did a year ago and so on.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Rear View Mirror Delete ? card00152_fr
Sponsored