Sponsored

Remote Start- Does Nothing SOLVED

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I have used my remote start all year, whether it's hot or cold out. My ESS has been disabled by using a Tazer almost the entire time. So I do not believe it is the ESS.

I did not know that the JT would remote start with doors unlocked. I am so used to hitting the lock button before the remote start from previous vehicles that I always do it.

I would advise contacting the guy who writes code for JScan and see if there is a known problem, he may have a work around already.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrainMan

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Solved. I plugged in my Jscan (royal pain in the ass)and enabled ESS. Remote start WORKS! Thank you.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Like I’ve said. Thats the issue where you are having now. You need to activate your ESS. The auto start/stop is somewhat connected to the remote start
Maybe it has something to do with the way jscan deactivates ESS. I have ESS disabled with the tazer and remote start still works.

Last edited:

ad78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Maybe it has something to do with the way jscan deactivates ESS, but I have ESS disabled with the taser and remote start still works.
You know, JSCAN is a poor mans tazer lol

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it has something to do with the way jscan deactivates ESS. I have ESS disabled with the tazer and remote start still works.
Doesn't the Tazer have to stay connected for the ESS disable to work?

Jscan is trying to figure out how to do it without leaving a device connected.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrainMan

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Doesn't the Tazer have to stay connected for the ESS disable to work?

Jscan is trying to figure out how to do it without leaving a device connected.
Yea that's the problem. I found out it doesn't do anything, so you still have to push the button. But now we know it actually does something! Disable remote start. So I wonder...it obviously tricked the computer into thinking it was enabled, but had no effect. Strange.

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
You can disable the horn honking from the settings in the UConnect. I just learned that a couple of weeks ago from a thread here.
You can also disable horn honking from the Infotainment screen. I always disable it for remote lock/unlock. I don't want to be 'that guy' that wants everyone to know that 'Hey, Look at me, I have a car' :)

DMaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
I have used my remote start all year, whether it's hot or cold out. My ESS has been disabled by using a Tazer almost the entire time. So I do not believe it is the ESS.

I did not know that the JT would remote start with doors unlocked. I am so used to hitting the lock button before the remote start from previous vehicles that I always do it.

I would advise contacting the guy who writes code for JScan and see if there is a known problem, he may have a work around already.
I think the Tazer resets the ESS AFTER the vehicle is started. In other words, when the vehicle starts, it looks at the condition of the the ESS when you last shut it off and then sets it that way. Jscan may be permanently setting it to off and that could make the difference.

samw5

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet Silver Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks God for this posting... Saved me some headache.... Jscan was used to disable ess and sure enough messed RS.
Turned it back on and issues resolved.

Gestrada53

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Hi, I am having the same issue but my Jeep won't start at all. All the cluster screen says is press on break and push button to start but nothing happens and the lights on my shifter stay on and my cluster screen does as well. Nothing is happening when I try to start, it won't even go into accessory mode. Any help?

Sponsored

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Dead battery in key fob? Try pressing the start button with the fob.

Gestrada53

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dead battery in key fob? Try pressing the start button with the fob.
I already replaced the key fob battery still nothing. Tried putting on neutral manually and nothing either.

DobaMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 23 JL Sahara 4xe
Hi, I am having the same issue but my Jeep won't start at all. All the cluster screen says is press on break and push button to start but nothing happens and the lights on my shifter stay on and my cluster screen does as well. Nothing is happening when I try to start, it won't even go into accessory mode. Any help?
I assume you mean a regular start and not a remote start?
if things are staying lit up, disconnect both batteries, wait a minute or two and reconnect. I had a problem on my 2020 Wrangler where the radio, cluster, and shifter stayed lit up all the time but the Jeep ran. Battery disconnect fixed it and it never happened again.

Remote start is disabled any time fuel is low, there is a stored trouble code, or the vehicle is not secure (which is why JScan ESS disable stop remote state - it messed with the hood closed sensor).

Gestrada53

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah my Gladiator won't start at all not even a click. It won't even go into accessory mode. Will disconnecting the batteries reset whatever happened?

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
Yeah my Gladiator won't start at all not even a click. It won't even go into accessory mode. Will disconnecting the batteries reset whatever happened?
I've seen this with low batteries when there's enough power to light the dash, but not enough to initiate a start.
Sponsored