Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the same thing, but batt voltage is 12.8 at the regular batt by meter, and show 12.6 on the gauge cluster with key on
It's not just voltage of batteries it looks for. There are a couple dozen, maybe more, things dealing with engine, transfer case, transmission, ABS and other areas. It means there's a problem somewhere. Something is abnormal, out of range, there's a stored code, a sensor is running too cold or too hot, a whole list of things.
It's also possible the aux battery doesn't hold up during a start sequence when that battery is checked by itself.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mrmo

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Yeah, maybe that POS baby batt is going bad. I want to get rid of it anyway, bypass that and put another isolated deep cycle in to power some things, and keep the main for starting/running only

Gliebig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk'n
Vehicle Showcase
I am having the same issues right now. The main change I had done since the last time I can remember it working was adding the Tazer. Also, since adding the Tazer when I do start the car, I keep getting the AUX switches do not work, battery charging. Could a setting in the Tazer be draining my second battery?

When I click the remote start on my fob, the car makes a clicking sound as if the bettery was dead. however, sitting int he care and pressing the ignition button and the car starts with no issue.
I'm am having the same issue now. Looking for a solution.

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
That's why I have my ESS working. It looks at the system for problems. I can push the button on the dash.

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
I read through this thread quickly and realized it was a bit old with some updates. I had this issue thinking JSCAN can disable ESS (auto-start/stop) and it doesn't. Shortly after I tried remote starting my JT and it didn't work. Fortunately I remembered the only thing I changed was trying to disable the ESS. Don't do this. It doesn't work and remote start won't work.

I'm not sure about the battery voltage situation or whatever else as that wasn't my problem.
Sponsored