Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
Sweet, installed my angled-up Rock Hards a few weeks ago and about to pull the trigger on the RokBlokz, saved me some hassle, thanks.
Yeah no worries. FWIW, I have -6 offset wheels with 12.5" wide tires, so there's some poke (~2.5"), but the XL Originals do an excellent job keeping the sides clean. These things are pricey, but they're quality made and I do love the easy removal capability. This is my favorite winter mod hands down, no more crap covered door handles!
(the dirt you see in the picture was from before I installed these:))
Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders rokblokz-front
Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Yes, I have the Original XL Rokblokz and Rock Hard sliders. They don't interfere with each other at all. I got my flairs without the cutout for the factory rails FYI.
PLEASE POST PICS!

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I went with the angled up ones. I love mine.

I feel like angled up is the way to go! How do you like them do you feel like they are a usuable height for the short people in the fam?

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I got 4 kids. 15, 12, 8 and 8. they climb alll over them.

My 70 year old mother was fine too. She's 5ft 2in. I'll be honest...I do not see the point in adding a lift or a tall vehicle and then having steps that negate the clearance from the lift. But that's me.

I feel like angled up is the way to go! How do you like them do you feel like they are a usuable height for the short people in the fam?

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7

My 70 year old mother was fine too. She's 5ft 2in. I'll be honest...I do not see the point in adding a lift or a tall vehicle and then having steps that negate the clearance from the lift. But that's me.
The angled down step is far from the limiting factor on ground clearance.

Sponsored

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator

Yeah i just have a leveling kit and a short wife

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
For the folks who are concerned about the angled-down being a problem on the trail, here is a quick video I took of my sliders and the undercarriage of my truck after doing the Jeep Adventure Academy a couple of weeks ago. You can see the slider has some scrapes, but the skid plates and other parts under the truck hit a lot as well. The sliders did their job perfectly and any time they hit something they slid right over it...

https://photos.smugmug.com/Jeep-Adventure-Academy/i-zbHFX3c/0/36870f9b/1280/IMG_1217-1280.mp4

Slacks

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BW JTR, G8 GXP LS3
Vehicle Showcase
For the folks who are concerned about the angled-down being a problem on the trail, here is a quick video I took of my sliders and the undercarriage of my truck after doing the Jeep Adventure Academy a couple of weeks ago. You can see the slider has some scrapes, but the skid plates and other parts under the truck hit a lot as well. The sliders did their job perfectly and any time they hit something they slid right over it...

https://photos.smugmug.com/Jeep-Adventure-Academy/i-zbHFX3c/0/36870f9b/1280/IMG_1217-1280.mp4
That's very helpful, Thanks! Do you have any other general photos you could share, having a hard time finding angled-down photos.

Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Yeah no worries. FWIW, I have -6 offset wheels with 12.5" wide tires, so there's some poke (~2.5"), but the XL Originals do an excellent job keeping the sides clean. These things are pricey, but they're quality made and I do love the easy removal capability. This is my favorite winter mod hands down, no more crap covered door handles!
(the dirt you see in the picture was from before I installed these:))
Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders 8306AF46-04A1-4B01-B5C6-FFC7FA30CCAF
Thanks. Have my Rockblokz waiting to be installed and my (angled down) RH4x4 sliders on order from quadratech due to this thread. Quadratech order went in mid March and I was told they would be shipped around the end of April. Fingers crossed.

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
That's very helpful, Thanks! Do you have any other general photos you could share, having a hard time finding angled-down photos.
Sure - any particular angle you want to see? At some point in the next few days I'm going to crawl around under the truck and take a closer look at all the dings from the latest trail session, so I can take pictures of the sliders then.

Slacks

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BW JTR, G8 GXP LS3
Vehicle Showcase
Sure - any particular angle you want to see? At some point in the next few days I'm going to crawl around under the truck and take a closer look at all the dings from the latest trail session, so I can take pictures of the sliders then.
Awesome, thanks. Yes, mainly lower angles to get a sense of clearance and drop from door sill: full vehicle side, from a distance for example, and maybe a close up on the finish texture?

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, thanks. Yes, mainly lower angles to get a sense of clearance and drop from door sill: full vehicle side, from a distance for example, and maybe a close up on the finish texture?
Here are a few photos from the angles you asked for. I put the grip tape on myself because the sliders were pretty slippery when wet and my wife uses them as a step to get into the truck.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders IMG_1224 - Copy.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders IMG_1225 - Copy.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders IMG_1226 - Copy.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders IMG_1229 - Copy.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders IMG_1227 - Copy.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders IMG_1228 - Copy.JPG

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Any way you slice it the Rock Hard ones are great. Beefy as hell. Prevent door dings. Worth the money for sure. Not Chinese crap. Made in USA. My biggest complaint is it's hard to get the Colorado dirt off them, the wheel wells, my mopar steel bumper, and undercarriage. It just sticks to everything like paint.
Sponsored