First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
Nope, just noticed only partial shipped from Northridge and rest will ship from RK themselves. How long have you been waiting and is there an ETA? Only thing coming so far is front arms (upper/lower) shocks, and pro-x upgrade.

I've noticed a lot of people talking about the rake still being present, will 1.5" pucks correct this?
I have a heavy steel bumper and winch on front and I’m sitting about 1” lower and I already added a 1/2 Teraflex spacer to it. I have the RK 1.5” spring spacer showing up tomorrow and will play around with it this weekend. Hopefully I can remove the 1/2” and replace it with the 1.5” and have it close to level.
Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Nope, just noticed only partial shipped from Northridge and rest will ship from RK themselves. How long have you been waiting and is there an ETA? Only thing coming so far is front arms (upper/lower) shocks, and pro-x upgrade.

I've noticed a lot of people talking about the rake still being present, will 1.5" pucks correct this?
I placed my order on 8/25 and everythign to date trickled in on various days.
No ETA yet.
No idea if pucks will help.

MichaelJTR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Operations
I have a heavy steel bumper and winch on front and I’m sitting about 1” lower and I already added a 1/2 Teraflex spacer to it. I have the RK 1.5” spring spacer showing up tomorrow and will play around with it this weekend. Hopefully I can remove the 1/2” and replace it with the 1.5” and have it close to level.
Keep me posted if that works, will order if things are that simple.

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
Keep me posted if that works, will order if things are that simple.
Just an update on adding the RK 1.5" bottom spring seat spacer. First off...it wasn't as easy as I had hoped. It's almost like doing the whole front lift over again minus a few steps. After doing some original measuring of the jeep, jacking the front (bumper) up 1.5" then 1" I decided to go with the full 1.5" so I left the original 1" Teraflex spacer on the top of the springs. This gave me a full 2" spacer lift which is not what I had planned on nor did I want to level out the jeep. I have a 130lb bumper and a 70" winch on the front so I''m sure that has a lot to do with the sag in the front. But never would I expect that much. I also had to play around with the RK bump stops that came with the kit. I had all 3 installed with the longest bolt through the top of the spring pad. But with the new spacers the bumpstop bolt would not go all the way through 3 pads and still go through the spacer and leave any room for a nut on the bottom. So I was only able to install 2 stops on top of the new spring spacer which might not be enough now. After installing the spacers and putting it on flat ground I did some measuring again and I am now exactly level based on measuring the rock rail/side steps front and back which follow the lower body line. When measuring the gap between the top of the tire and bottom of the fender they look pretty even but the front is about 1/4" higher than the back which gives it a bit of a "Mojave" look. But the strange part is with the drive. Don't get me wrong....it still drives really well but it feels like it has a little more bounce or float in the front. Maybe it's just in my head or maybe it through off the caster or something just enough to make it feel different but it does. I will give it a little time and try it out but I have a feeling I might be ditching the RK front springs and going with something like the EVO 4.5". My theory is that I have a 3" spring in there now along with 2 inches of spacer lift and it's about 1/4" to 1/2" higher than I would like. And I'm not a fan of spacer lifts in first place so if I have to go to the effort of tearing it all apart...I might as well just get a spring that is the right height to level it. And at the point RK doesn't have a 4.5" for the Gladiator and I'm guessing the 4.5" for the JL would be a little different or they would advertise it for the Gladiator. So all in all, it looks better than it did....but not what I really wanted out of the lift. (pictures to come)

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
Just an update on adding the RK 1.5" bottom spring seat spacer. First off...it wasn't as easy as I had hoped. It's almost like doing the whole front lift over again minus a few steps. After doing some original measuring of the jeep, jacking the front (bumper) up 1.5" then 1" I decided to go with the full 1.5" so I left the original 1" Teraflex spacer on the top of the springs. This gave me a full 2" spacer lift which is not what I had planned on nor did I want to level out the jeep. I have a 130lb bumper and a 70" winch on the front so I''m sure that has a lot to do with the sag in the front. But never would I expect that much. I also had to play around with the RK bump stops that came with the kit. I had all 3 installed with the longest bolt through the top of the spring pad. But with the new spacers the bumpstop bolt would not go all the way through 3 pads and still go through the spacer and leave any room for a nut on the bottom. So I was only able to install 2 stops on top of the new spring spacer which might not be enough now. After installing the spacers and putting it on flat ground I did some measuring again and I am now exactly level based on measuring the rock rail/side steps front and back which follow the lower body line. When measuring the gap between the top of the tire and bottom of the fender they look pretty even but the front is about 1/4" higher than the back which gives it a bit of a "Mojave" look. But the strange part is with the drive. Don't get me wrong....it still drives really well but it feels like it has a little more bounce or float in the front. Maybe it's just in my head or maybe it through off the caster or something just enough to make it feel different but it does. I will give it a little time and try it out but I have a feeling I might be ditching the RK front springs and going with something like the EVO 4.5". My theory is that I have a 3" spring in there now along with 2 inches of spacer lift and it's about 1/4" to 1/2" higher than I would like. And I'm not a fan of spacer lifts in first place so if I have to go to the effort of tearing it all apart...I might as well just get a spring that is the right height to level it. And at the point RK doesn't have a 4.5" for the Gladiator and I'm guessing the 4.5" for the JL would be a little different or they would advertise it for the Gladiator. So all in all, it looks better than it did....but not what I really wanted out of the lift. (pictures to come)
This was what I have been fearing and hence why it's all still sitting in boxes in my garage along with the tires and wheels. I'm now thinking I'll wait for the 4.5" front springs to come out from RK before I do the install and pitch the 3" front springs in the trash. Curious if you try the EVO 4.5" springs how it works. Might just join you on that route and also hope that the RK shocks I purchased with this kit will still work.

Sponsored

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
This was what I have been fearing and hence why it's all still sitting in boxes in my garage along with the tires and wheels. I'm now thinking I'll wait for the 4.5" front springs to come out from RK before I do the install and pitch the 3" front springs in the trash. Curious if you try the EVO 4.5" springs how it works. Might just join you on that route and also hope that the RK shocks I purchased with this kit will still work.
I would love to hear from RK about when and if they have a 4.5" coming out for the JT. Or if the 4.5" for the JL would work just as well. I love their stuff but I waited almost 2 months to get my lift in the first place. And good point about the shock from the 3" kit. I wonder if it will work with the 4.5" springs? I would have to have to buy new front shocks along with the springs just to get the truck level which they said it would be.

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
I would love to hear from RK about when and if they have a 4.5" coming out for the JT. Or if the 4.5" for the JL would work just as well. I love their stuff but I waited almost 2 months to get my lift in the first place. And good point about the shock from the 3" kit. I wonder if it will work with the 4.5" springs? I would have to have to buy new front shocks along with the springs just to get the truck level which they said it would be.
Yep, I think their site says 1/2" rake on a Rubicon, although we don't know if that measurement was from the fenders or rails like you measured ... if the shocks were engineered for 1/2" rake, then completely level "shouldn't" be an issue I would think ... however the key there is "shouldn't" ... I love their stuff as well, had it on my JK and it never let me down, starting to question if I should sell it and go back to the drawing board. Speaking of shocks, did you get the RK shocks? If so, were they oily out of the box? Mine are, so just curious.

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
Yep, I think their site says 1/2" rake on a Rubicon, although we don't know if that measurement was from the fenders or rails like you measured ... if the shocks were engineered for 1/2" rake, then completely level "shouldn't" be an issue I would think ... however the key there is "shouldn't" ... I love their stuff as well, had it on my JK and it never let me down, starting to question if I should sell it and go back to the drawing board. Speaking of shocks, did you get the RK shocks? If so, were they oily out of the box? Mine are, so just curious.
I did get the RK shocks with mine and they were oily out of the box but don't appear to be leaking. And they ride amazing! Well until you have to throw an additional 2"'s of spacers in there....lol

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
I did get the RK shocks with mine and they were oily out of the box but don't appear to be leaking. And they ride amazing! Well until you have to throw an additional 2"'s of spacers in there....lol
LOL, I get it man !! Glad our shocks were the same, had me a bit worried all around. Hope you get it figured out, or RK to chime in on a fix.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
New lift...that means springs need to break in. Any and all lifts will do this as the truck comes with rake to compensate for payload.

Without the rake you will need to adjust your headlights because you're going to blind the fuck out of people otherwise.

Steel rear bumper, rear fenders and a rack will weigh the back down forcing your nose up making you squat.

Taking rake out is not the smartest thing imo, but to each their own I guess (as long as those headlights are changed so you're not "that guy" on the highway).

Sponsored

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
New lift...that means springs need to break in. Any and all lifts will do this as the truck comes with rake to compensate for payload.

Without the rake you will need to adjust your headlights because you're going to blind the fuck out of people otherwise.

Steel rear bumper, rear fenders and a rack will weigh the back down forcing your nose up making you squat.

Taking rake out is not the smartest thing imo, but to each their own I guess (as long as those headlights are changed so you're not "that guy" on the highway).
First thing I did was to adjust the headlights again after I added the spacer. And I'm not a fan of the back being lower but I like it even or very slight rake for 99% of my use since I don't use it to tow much or carry things in the bed that often. And if the springs do break in more....It would be even lower in the front which concerned me. I'm going to run it like this for a while before I decide how I want to change out the front springs/spacers.

enjin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTRD
Occupation
IT stuff
I'm interested in a pro-x no limits lift, but with the Bilstien 8100 shocks like what they did on light brite, but I can't find the bilstien's with the right extension length. Does anyone know if those are custom orders or what? How do they compare to the RK coilovers? The goal is a high end overland build.

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
https://rockkrawler.com/jt-1-5-inch-front-spring-spacer/

That will replace the correction pads under the front springs and add 1.5" of lift.

You'll want to drill it to accept your bumpstops but it is a nice, simple solution.
Well after a long day in the garage I got the 1.5" front spring spacers installed and actually left the 1/2" spacers on top of the springs so I have a full 2"s to level out the front and the back. I'm not happy with the way it rides now with the additional height and I'm afraid my RK shocks are not long enough to support 2"s of spacers. What would happen if I pulled out all the spacers and went with your RK 4.5" shocks for the JL? I see a lot of companies show the same coil for both the JL and JT in the front. That would net me about 1.5" in the front which would be a about .5" lower than it is now but no spacers which would be nice. Any suggestions would help....I really don't want to start over with a different coil manufacturer because I loved the way the RK suspension feels for my needs.

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
Hoping @Rock Krawler Suspension chimes in here with recommendations or answers ... I have $4,500 in parts sitting in my garage until this is figured out. In the meantime, if you're in DFW and want to buy this kit, we may be able to make a deal

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I believe the next Rock Krawler lift is intended to be 5 inches of lift.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.