Rock Krawler 3" X Factor JT System

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Done, brake lines all around are good to go !! Drives super smooth, just need to go get it alligned now.

20201017_165101.jpg

Advertisement

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
OK so new issue ... competed the lift and adjusted the steering wheel as expected ... the truck pulls pretty hard to the right and now I have a nasty vibration at anything above 70mph ... WTH ?? Checked the "Driveway Alignment" and it's right at 1/8" difference. At a loss

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y Performance. Diesel JT hopefully soon
OK so new issue ... competed the lift and adjusted the steering wheel as expected ... the truck pulls pretty hard to the right and now I have a nasty vibration at anything above 70mph ... WTH ?? Checked the "Driveway Alignment" and it's right at 1/8" difference. At a loss
try swapping the front tires left to right. My last set of Toyos had a hard pull initially. Balance could also be off

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
Have you centered your front axle to the body with the track bar adjustment?
That needs to be done too as your lift causes the front axle to shift to the right if I recall.
Another issue might be that your control arms are not the proper length.
Even though you did the “Driveway Toe-In” adjustment and that’s within 1/8”
Best thing to do..... get a front end alignment. That will tell you everything that is out.
I thought mine was dialed in perfect after the install.
I was wrong. Really wrong.
Burned up my front OEM MT’s in 5000 miles.
Bought 2 new ones and paid the $80 for an alignment.
Expensive lesson learned.

Last edited:

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Have you centered your front axle to the body with the track bar adjustment?
That needs to be done too as your lift causes the front axle to shift to the right if I recall.
Another issue might be that your control arms are not the proper length.
Even though you did the “Driveway Toe-In” adjustment and that’s within 1/8”
Best thing to do..... get a front end alignment. That will tell you everything that is out.
I thought mine was dialed in perfect after the install.
I was wrong. Really wrong.
Burned up my front OEM MT’s in 5000 miles.
Bought 2 new ones and paid the $80 for an alignment.
Expensive lesson learned.
Took your advice and dropped it off at the local 4WD shop ... don't feel the need to burn up brand new Toyo 37's ... they're not cheap :) Plus, this way I'll know for sure that it's aligned professionally and properly.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
Took your advice and dropped it off at the local 4WD shop ... don't feel the need to burn up brand new Toyo 37's ... they're not cheap :) Plus, this way I'll know for sure that it's aligned professionally and properly.
You’ll sleep better too. LOL
Mine handled great after the install and my DIY alignment.
But when I noticed the front tires wearing oddly and increasing tire noise I took it in but it was too late. Pro alignment is cheap insurance. I had mine done at a Belle Tire center.
After the alignment, and 2 new tires, it turned super smooth. No noise, and felt like less turning effort.
ZZZZzzzzzzzzz.

Advertisement

Advertisement