Not open for further replies.

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
Whoa, 1.5" to almost level it with a steel bumper and winch?? I've had this kit siting in the garage for a little while, and just recently picked up the tires and wheels to do it all at the same time, but now I'm rethinking this kit. Had RK on my JK and loved it, but if I have to do a spacer lift with the front to level it, that's beyond what I'm willing to do. The intention was not to buy a suspension kit just to add a spacer lift to it so it sits right. If this is all true, what a failure on RK's part.
Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
well... I think that would actually be the consideration with any / all lift kits when you add additional weight to the front / rear bumpers.

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
well... I think that would actually be the consideration with any / all lift kits when you add additional weight to the front / rear bumpers.
Didn't budge an inch on my last RK kit on a JK. I agree a consideration as is with any additional equipment, but 1.5" seems excessive unless that bumper is off of a Peterbilt :LOL:

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Didn't budge an inch on my last RK kit on a JK. I agree a consideration as is with any additional equipment, but 1.5" seems excessive unless that bumper is off of a Peterbilt :LOL:
I have to say...the difference in weight from the stock plastic bumpers to a metal one is pretty impressive, especially when adding a winch. You really could be increasing the weight off the front of your frame by a 125lbs or more.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Here is a progression from lift first installed, lift with front steel bumper only and then how it sits now with steel front bumper 12000 lb Badlands winch and a week of complete flexing from Colorado trails. Sorry it is not sitting level but I wanted it to be consistent.

lift pre bumper.jpg

lift after bumper.jpg

now1.jpg

Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Here is a progression from lift first installed, lift with front steel bumper only and then how it sits now with steel front bumper 12000 lb Badlands winch and a week of complete flexing from Colorado trails. Sorry it is not sitting level but I wanted it to be consistent.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler 3" X Factor JT System now1

Nice looking! Lol, what color is it please?

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
So I just received my 1.5" RK spring spacer for the front of my overland that currently sits about 1" lower in the front after the lift. This should get me very close to level in the front with about 200 lbs of extra weight with the steal bumper and winch. Now the question is.... When I install these and add an additional inch to the current lift amount, how can I figure out how much to move out my bottom control arms and track bar? RK gave exact lengths in their directions to set these components and it rides and steers perfect! Now that I'm adding another 1" I'm afraid it's going to throw everything off again. Or the other theory is....If I put 3" springs on the front and the additional 200lbs made it a 2" lift.....adding the additional spacers will put me back to 3" and RK's original lengths for the control arms and track bar are still valid. Am I over thinking this? lol And yes I do plan on getting an alignment eventually. But after the first lift it handled perfectly and I didn't want to have someone mess it up with an alignment.

MichaelJTR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Operations
Just ordered the Pro X kit with RK shocks, parts already shipped from Northridge so hopefully have it installed by months end.

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
What size hole-saw did you guys use for the front control arm bracket ?

Sponsored

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
I tried a 1.75" and it would have worked perfect...EXCEPT, it was probably to dull and I couldn't cut through the strong steel. I had to resort to a small dremel style grinder and cut out a notch. Worked fine in the end.

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
I tried a 1.75" and it would have worked perfect...EXCEPT, it was probably to dull and I couldn't cut through the strong steel. I had to resort to a small dremel style grinder and cut out a notch. Worked fine in the end.
So is it just a notch for the zerk that is needed, or is it an articulation issue with the control arm itself that would require that much material removed?? The less needed to cut away the better IMHO.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Nice looking! Lol, what color is it please?
Thank you! Stinggray

So I just received my 1.5" RK spring spacer for the front of my overland that currently sits about 1" lower in the front after the lift. This should get me very close to level in the front with about 200 lbs of extra weight with the steal bumper and winch. Now the question is.... When I install these and add an additional inch to the current lift amount, how can I figure out how much to move out my bottom control arms and track bar? RK gave exact lengths in their directions to set these components and it rides and steers perfect! Now that I'm adding another 1" I'm afraid it's going to throw everything off again. Or the other theory is....If I put 3" springs on the front and the additional 200lbs made it a 2" lift.....adding the additional spacers will put me back to 3" and RK's original lengths for the control arms and track bar are still valid. Am I over thinking this? lol And yes I do plan on getting an alignment eventually. But after the first lift it handled perfectly and I didn't want to have someone mess it up with an alignment.
Do not change your control arms. I left mine at RK's length and I think after the all that was done with it, it steers even better. Track bar will be decided after you are done, may need some tweaking.

Same as aw2657 1.75" but I just used it to score the metal then used a cutoff wheel to remove it, was to thick for the hole saw.

So is it just a notch for the zerk that is needed, or is it an articulation issue with the control arm itself that would require that much material removed?? The less needed to cut away the better IMHO.
I believe for both. Zerk for greasing and control arm for movement.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Just ordered the Pro X kit with RK shocks, parts already shipped from Northridge so hopefully have it installed by months end.
Did they ship the front springs too? I am *STILL* waiting on front springs to arrive as I have everything else.

MichaelJTR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Operations
Did they ship the front springs too? I am *STILL* waiting on front springs to arrive as I have everything else.
Nope, just noticed only partial shipped from Northridge and rest will ship from RK themselves. How long have you been waiting and is there an ETA? Only thing coming so far is front arms (upper/lower) shocks, and pro-x upgrade.

I've noticed a lot of people talking about the rake still being present, will 1.5" pucks correct this?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.