First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JTR
Occupation
Fabricator
Were instructions and grease supplied? Thanks.
Neither were included. Have to figure it out or know how to do it on your own which is why I outlined the procedure above. Frankly on the difficulty scale swapping all the bushings is actually a bit harder than the initial install of the lift kit. Basically have to remove the lift kit piece by piece to rebuild it then reinstall. I think the complete lift install took me 8 hrs by myself last year, the link rebuilding took me somewhere around 10-11hrs.

Personally, I used this grease as it has been recommended to me by other suspension manufacturers for use in the pivots with poly bushings and has worked well on those kits. On my RK kit I used their own proprietary joint grease the first couple times but it all bled out of my grease gun after sitting a couple of months so I had to switch.
Sponsored

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Does anyone know if RK is reimbursing people that use a shop for this repair ? Since not all are capable of performing this task.
Since it's Daystars fault for improper materials used they should be the ones that have to remit payment for the replacement parts and labor.

Relentless_Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JTR
Occupation
Fabricator
Does anyone know if RK is reimbursing people that use a shop for this repair ? Since not all are capable of performing this task.
Since it's Daystars fault for improper materials used they should be the ones that have to remit payment for the replacement parts and labor.
Per their TSB they say to reach out to Daystar for any compensation. You can find the TSB here- It's TSB 2
https://rockkrawler.com/technical-service-bulletins/

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Neither were included. Have to figure it out or know how to do it on your own which is why I outlined the procedure above. Frankly on the difficulty scale swapping all the bushings is actually a bit harder than the initial install of the lift kit. Basically have to remove the lift kit piece by piece to rebuild it then reinstall. I think the complete lift install took me 8 hrs by myself last year, the link rebuilding took me somewhere around 10-11hrs.

Personally, I used this grease as it has been recommended to me by other suspension manufacturers for use in the pivots with poly bushings and has worked well on those kits. On my RK kit I used their own proprietary joint grease the first couple times but it all bled out of my grease gun after sitting a couple of months so I had to switch.
Thank you! I`m not looking forward to this at all. I`m 68 years young and after installing this lift i said it would be my last. Now more work and time wasted.

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
Daystar is offering $75 check to reimburse for 1 hour is shop labor! I’m not sure how they came up with that sum!

Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Daystar is offering $75 check to reimburse for 1 hour is shop labor! I’m not sure how they came up with that sum!
Not in SoCal. I installed the lift myself because the good shops in my area wanted between $1500-2000 to install this lift claiming 12hrs. to install, it took me alone 16hrs. to install. Having a good shop take everything apart and replace bushings is going to cost a lot more than an install alone.

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Waiting on Rockkrawler to ship the replacement bushings is getting irritating. Can't drive the gladiator with bushings that are deteriorating and a safety hazard !!!!!

Relentless_Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JTR
Occupation
Fabricator
Well after about a month of being installed and around 1200 miles it seems my JT is starting to develop clunks/slop in the links again making it wander going down the road again and make noises over each medium-size and larger bump. I Well-greased the bushings at install and again one pump into each joint 2 weeks after install(mobilux EP1) to make sure things were settled and fully lubricated but that doesn't seem to fix any of the clunks over bumps and creaking on articulation. might be time for me to look at other options.
Wish all you other guys luck with your new bushings, but they seemed to fix my issues only for a few weeks.

Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Well after about a month of being installed and around 1200 miles it seems my JT is starting to develop clunks/slop in the links again making it wander going down the road again and make noises over each medium-size and larger bump. I Well-greased the bushings at install and again one pump into each joint 2 weeks after install(mobilux EP1) to make sure things were settled and fully lubricated but that doesn't seem to fix any of the clunks over bumps and creaking on articulation. might be time for me to look at other options.
Wish all you other guys luck with your new bushings, but they seemed to fix my issues only for a few weeks.
Now I am interested to hear what RK might say.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well this is horrible news.

SCUBATIM81

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Systems Architect
That is horrible news. Has anyone else done the replacement and had similar feedback? Before I spend $$$$ getting my shop to replace all the bushings, I want to make sure it will actually solve the issue.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.