Rock Krawler 3" X Factor JT System

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
That is horrible news. Has anyone else done the replacement and had similar feedback? Before I spend $$$$ getting my shop to replace all the bushings, I want to make sure it will actually solve the issue.
I think mine are going out again. I’m going to replace them 1 more time then buy some different arms if it happens again. I’ll post pics of the bushings I pull out. Luckily I only have front lowers and upper rears and a track bar. I’ve had Metalcloak on my JL for 30k with no problems.

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Supposedly my replacement bushings are being shipped out this Monday the 15th

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, E36 BMW M3, E92 BMW M3
My kit originally came with the updated red bushings. I’ve now got 13k miles on it without a problem. I’ve only greased them twice after the install and the second time they didn’t even really take any at all. And they only got a little bit squeaky on me one time, a few days after I spent a day wheeling in a ton of deep water. And I mean the ever so slightest squeak over speed humps in my neighborhood. A quick shot of WD40 shut them right up and that was 2-3k miles ago.

If you guys are getting clunking after putting the new ones in, have you checked the torque on all the bolts since they were done? Maybe something loosened up a little bit. Anytime you pull one of the arms off, you should double check the torque on the bolts after a couple hundred miles.

snowho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Pulled my rear arms and the same thing has happened. The original, factory bushing did this exact samething. When I pulled the arms off the balls were loose in the bushing, just like the originals. I installed the pictured set at 25ftlbs and they were well greased.
Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler 3" X Factor JT System 736F1213-2E4D-4CD0-AB40-387EBD066636
As you can see the bushing gets soft and pushes into the grease raceway. I wish I had pics of the original factory ones because they were exactly the same.

I posted pics of my original pro flex bushings earlier in the thread and the red replacements are working fine.

Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Not too thrilled to hear that as I have new joints coming in soon for mine that are squeaking like crazy, along with a lower ride quality. I think the latter is coming from the RK shocks, which would surprise me as they only have about 20k miles on them.

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Not too thrilled to hear that as I have new joints coming in soon for mine that are squeaking like crazy, along with a lower ride quality. I think the latter is coming from the RK shocks, which would surprise me as they only have about 20k miles on them.
I've actually been happy with their shocks so far ( 15k miles), the bushings not so much

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Well the bushings were supposed to ship today and get a tracking number. No tracking number and guess it didn't ship !

Sponsored

Relentless_Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JTR
Occupation
Fabricator
Pulled my rear arms and the same thing has happened. The original, factory bushing did this exact samething. When I pulled the arms off the balls were loose in the bushing, just like the originals. I installed the pictured set at 25ftlbs and they were well greased.
736F1213-2E4D-4CD0-AB40-387EBD066636.jpeg
As you can see the bushing gets soft and pushes into the grease raceway. I wish I had pics of the original factory ones because they were exactly the same.

I posted pics of my original pro flex bushings earlier in the thread and the red replacements are working fine.
Bummed that mine seem to be going out extremely quick the second time as well. Are you running the triangulated rear setup or factory replacement/bolt in?
Notice we live in the same area(im in Sparks).

snowho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Bummed that mine seem to be going out extremely quick the second time as well. Are you running the triangulated rear setup or factory replacement/bolt in?
Notice we live in the same area(im in Sparks).
I only have the replacement upper rears and lower front arms.

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Received the replacement bushings yesterday, just opened the box this morning. It appears there are only 6 bushings in the box. I did not do the installation so maybe I'm missing something. !!!!
I will be calling Rock Krawler later today for clarification.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler 3" X Factor JT System 20210318_070625

Relentless_Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JTR
Occupation
Fabricator
Received the replacement bushings yesterday, just opened the box this morning. It appears there are only 6 bushings in the box. I did not do the installation so maybe I'm missing something. !!!!
I will be calling Rock Krawler later today for clarification.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler 3" X Factor JT System 20210318_070625
The 6 red bushings are frame end for the front lower, and rear frame end upper and lowers. The black bushing halves are everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.