Rock Rails Thread

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
One side didn't deploy. Bear in mind though that I had been offroading in sand/creeks/mud and finally snow for two days. Temps that morning were 11F. Those steps were encased..
sounds like a more rare set of circumstances, but one I THINK i want to avoid nonetheless. Thanks for sharing!.
Sponsored

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2009 Ram 3500 CTD, 2001 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
SVP/CISO
@BruteForce , i also saw this video online a while back but never brought it up. Looks like the step deployed mid/wheeling......

That'd be odd. That tells me the door sensor saw the door come open. Nothing but a magnetic sensor in the door jam...

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
Thoughts on GenRight rock sliders? They mount to frame and everything else I see is body mount. What makes body mount a more common appeal?

Sponsored

NateSamJT20

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR LE - 18 FORD EXPEDITION MAX
Anybody else sick of refreshing the ROAM website daily to see if we can order the rock rails yet?
Yes! Might just go with something else. Not thrilled with the price on Roams. They are nice but think they should reflect the JL prices

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Anybody else sick of refreshing the ROAM website daily to see if we can order the rock rails yet?
luckily for Roam, I'm cutting back on my jeep purchases, so that bought them some time.

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I can wait. Still haven't seen an alternative I like better, and don't want to regret settling for something else down the road.
yoda-patience-young-padawan.jpg

jtforrester

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Yes! Might just go with something else. Not thrilled with the price on Roams. They are nice but think they should reflect the JL prices
I agree.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Thoughts on GenRight rock sliders? They mount to frame and everything else I see is body mount. What makes body mount a more common appeal?
Genright Rock Sliders look good - they are really well designed and frame mounted but require some drilling. No price posted (did see a high price online but it also says check on price) and additional cost to powder coat them.

https://genright.com/products/jeep-gladiator-jt-rocker-guards-w-step.html

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 10.22.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 10.22.30 AM.png

From their webpage:

These are real rock sliders (aka: rocker guards) for the all new 2019 Jeep Gladiator!

They will protect one of the most vulnerable spots on your vehicle, and the sleek design is made to give up the minimal amount of ground clearance.

Our Rocker Guards provide the highest ground clearance and strength on the market.
This is a great upgrade for anyone looking for maximum protection on their JT.

Features:
  • Frame mounted not body. We tie into the frame with plates to distribute the load.
  • Heavy Duty .190" thick wall steel tubing provides superior structure and strength.
  • Slider / Step bar is designed to protect the body.
  • Wraps all the way under to protect the body from damage.
  • Full coverage from front to rear (protects the flares too) .
  • Dimple Die step provides superior traction and makes entry and exit easy.
  • Will work with metal tube flares or the factory plastic flares.
  • Sold in pairs (left & right).
  • Can be bolted on or welded on.
  • Includes bolt-on mounting hardware.
  • Shipped un-painted, but can be powder coated as an option.
  • 100% Made in the USA!
Notes:
  • Installation requires drilling and tapping small holes (or they can be welded on) in the frame per side.
  • Ships in two separate boxes.
  • Want to buy them powder coated? Call 805-584-8635 to order.
THIS PRODUCT IS CURRENTLY IN PRODUCTION, BUT ALLOW 30 DAYS FOR DELIVERY.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
The LOD Signature Series Rock Sliders are the ideal rock/step sliders for me. Unfortunately they aren't making them for the Gladiator and I'm not sure if they will

Couple of pics of them on a JL Wrangler Unlimited - I wonder if the length on the JL is similar to the Gladiator?
And I wonder how different the mounting locations on the JLU are from the Gladiator?

jrs1841-9.jpg

They have a great design - frame mounted not body - square tube below the body with round tube outside and, best of all for me, they have perforated plate which IMO looks great (the RockHard sliders are similar but they don't have a plate design which is OK but they mount to the frame AND body and I don't want body mounted sliders).

jrs1841-8_1.jpg

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...-jl-signature-series-4-door-rock-sliders.html

So, my search continues...

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In the thread above on LOD Rock Sliders, the reason I said I don't know if they ever will produce the Signature Series Rock Sliders for the Gladiator is because I believe they are currently focusing on producing a version of their Destroyer Series Rock Sliders first (and possibly only).

Their Destroyer Series Sliders have steps built into them. While it's not my first preference I may end up going with them. We'll see when they're available and how they compare to others like Roam's if/when they have something and I like it.

Here's LOD's Destroyer Series Rock Sliders on a JLU:

dsc04322.jpg

dsc04334.jpg

dsc04379.jpg

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...k-sliders/2018-jl-destroyer-rock-sliders.html

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
JCR's Rock Sliders have some design features I like including square tube under and round tube outside but they are body AND frame mounted.

They are open design which is not my favorite and I'm not a big fan of the bent steel pieces they use in between the square and outside round tubes.

JTSL-CL2_8.jpg

JTSL-CL2_1.jpg

Body mount for me is a non-starter and I personally wouldn't want to see the hardware (through the pinch seam) but that's just my opinion...

JTSL-CL2_3.jpg

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JTSL-CL2.html

NateSamJT20

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR LE - 18 FORD EXPEDITION MAX
Genright Rock Sliders look good - they are really well designed and frame mounted but require some drilling. No price posted (did see a high price online but it also says check on price) and additional cost to powder coat them.

https://genright.com/products/jeep-gladiator-jt-rocker-guards-w-step.html

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 10.22.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 10.22.30 AM.png

From their webpage:

These are real rock sliders (aka: rocker guards) for the all new 2019 Jeep Gladiator!

They will protect one of the most vulnerable spots on your vehicle, and the sleek design is made to give up the minimal amount of ground clearance.

Our Rocker Guards provide the highest ground clearance and strength on the market.
This is a great upgrade for anyone looking for maximum protection on their JT.

Features:
  • Frame mounted not body. We tie into the frame with plates to distribute the load.
  • Heavy Duty .190" thick wall steel tubing provides superior structure and strength.
  • Slider / Step bar is designed to protect the body.
  • Wraps all the way under to protect the body from damage.
  • Full coverage from front to rear (protects the flares too) .
  • Dimple Die step provides superior traction and makes entry and exit easy.
  • Will work with metal tube flares or the factory plastic flares.
  • Sold in pairs (left & right).
  • Can be bolted on or welded on.
  • Includes bolt-on mounting hardware.
  • Shipped un-painted, but can be powder coated as an option.
  • 100% Made in the USA!
Notes:
  • Installation requires drilling and tapping small holes (or they can be welded on) in the frame per side.
  • Ships in two separate boxes.
  • Want to buy them powder coated? Call 805-584-8635 to order.
THIS PRODUCT IS CURRENTLY IN PRODUCTION, BUT ALLOW 30 DAYS FOR DELIVERY.

I, as I'm sure many have been, looking at bumpers sliders and other gear for my Glad. Im constantly on this site and doing some other searches for the latest released parts available.
In the thread above on LOD Rock Sliders, the reason I said I don't know if they ever will produce the Signature Series Rock Sliders for the Gladiator is because I believe they are currently focusing on producing a version of their Destroyer Series Rock Sliders first (and possibly only).

Their Destroyer Series Sliders have steps built into them. While it's not my first preference I may end up going with them. We'll see when they're available and how they compare to others like Roam's if/when they have something and I like it.

Here's LOD's Destroyer Series Rock Sliders on a JLU:

dsc04322.jpg

dsc04334.jpg

dsc04379.jpg

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...k-sliders/2018-jl-destroyer-rock-sliders.html

I like a lot of the options out there right now (genright - LOD - JCR). I mainly want a step/slider type combo. Need something that offers some protection, width to block rocks/mud, and integrated step. With 2 small kids now, and one on the way smh, I need a step to help them and the wife with the 3" lift and 37s. Plus my Offroad adventures will now mostly be more of an overlanding style.

I like the ROAM steps a lot for this reason. They are good looking and seem to be well made but at a good cost (JL version). I am not happy, however, with the potential cost of the JT version. The price point was a big seller for me.

The LOD and Genright are just too much. And don't get me wrong, I don't mind spending money on quality parts (had Nemesis all the way around on my JKU) but I can't do $800+ for side steps. Its just too much. There are too many other things I need to spend money on with this truck that if I can save a few hundred bucks on steps or other areas to afford another part then so be it.
Sponsored